konalavadome

WMD...invisible

• 12 Replies

Binladeda

• Stadium Tour
« on: August 10, 2012, 09:22:15 AM »
Just a bit of fun guys....no offence intended ::) ::).http://soundcloud.com/binladeda/wmd-invisible.. usual recording equipment 'blew up' about a month ago, and I've been messing about with my mates Computer Programme while waiting for the part to arrive ( already 12 days in customs :-\ !!?). Anyway....I know I've got to start coming to terms with this computer stuff if I want to collaborate on this site, so this is my first adventure into this sort of recording...and, to be honest, I find it very confusing. Still..practice, practice, practice I suppose, as with any instrument....Hope you enjoy it ;D
Nowt as queer as folk...........my gran

S.T.C

• Stadium Tour
  • American Cars........out now
    • http://oldsongsnew.com/
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2012, 09:29:45 AM »
very Paul HARDCASTLE..BUT GOOD.

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2012, 01:00:30 PM »
I'm amazed that you've come up with something so professional-sounding so quickly especially if you're new to computer recording techniques - staggering!

I don't have a clue whether it's any good or not which doesn't help you very much but it is impressive.

I'm not saying I like it but I admire it  :)

Hope that makes sense.

ABeautifulVirus

• Open Mic
    • MRI
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2012, 02:43:15 PM »
wow that was quite the wild ride!! Feel like I just did acid. thank you! ;)

nooms

• Global Moderator
  • Stadium Tour
  • songwriter
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2012, 11:19:23 PM »

works amazing in headphones and you can hear the end message !
youve gone mad..at least three kitchen sinks in there
love it mate, great ride
great groove & the samples do bring to mind an era..nnnnnineteen etc its almost nostalgic..

i may not believe this tomorrow...

https://soundcloud.com/nooms-1

James Nighthawk

• Stadium Tour
    • www.facebook.com/jamesnighthawk
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2012, 12:09:12 AM »
Great stuff

Experimental, fun, involving.

The tonal parts: Are they original, or samples? Not the individual sound, I mean are the string and synth parts original writings. Is so good work

I really, really want to listen to "The Avalanches" now! But I lost the album years ago.

Nears better balance across the frequencies. Bass is lacking and its a bit mid heavy in general. And some of the sounds (the horns) verge on cheesy.

But loved it!

www.facebook.com/jamesnighthawk
Twitter @JamesNighthawk

Dutchbeat

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2012, 10:58:04 AM »
Hi Bin,

you keep amazing me! good fun, nice over the top, i like it

ha, you make old dutchbeat dance, luckily nobody saw that

but it does sound that various samples may be clipping...the sound being too loud

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2012, 11:47:12 PM »
Welcome to the world of computer based recording - and kiss goodbye to time itself, which seems to just disappear when you start making music on a PC

I think I could pick out the mix of samples and "played" elements but it doesn't really matter

There is some great stuff going on and I hope you had fun making it and can see the possibilities available to you with a computer set-up, which are pretty much limitless!!!

You have now found your next challenge - focussing all of the different possibilities into one concept/song - which is often the hardest thing when you know you can do almost anything!

This is a great first dabble and I hope you persevere up the steep learning curve with the rest us!
To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic

man of simple pleasures

• Platinum Album
  • power to the people
    • soundcloud
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2012, 06:28:21 PM »
whoaa very primal screamish like, works for me yeah am digging this like!
fly away and find my peace of mind...

https://soundcloud.com/man-of-simple-pleasures/tracks

Kafla

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2012, 09:03:55 AM »
Just madness ;D

Sounds like you are having a lot of fun - if you can produce this instantly from a new set the future is bright ;)

Binladeda

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2012, 11:27:02 AM »
Hi Guys....I know this post is going to bump this back up to page 1. But I feel I should thank you all for taking the time to listen and comment on my song. Sorry for the late reply but I've had some technological problems of late and was unable to reply sooner. This was only an experiment really to see what this computer stuff was like....and I really enjoyed it.  I have just bought myself a new PC so I will be persevering in this dept. :)  I'm still not sure about all these loops and sample things...it just doesn't feel right somehow... It's probably my age (62, am I the oldest here ?), but I enjoy the discipline involved in laying down my own tracks rather than recording a few bars and repeating the sample, also the end result sounds more genuine to me. The samples are just too perfect and don't have that live feel with the little mistakes and changes of emphasis/timing etc... Still it's definitely another string to my bow so to speak, and it is a new frontier for me to explore, which is always good :D  Anyway Thank you Thank you and thank you again for your lovely comments guys....much appreciated
Nowt as queer as folk...........my gran

Dutchbeat

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2012, 02:09:45 PM »
Hi Binladeda,
good that you are back, i missed your original tunes for a while
when using a computer to record, you can still reciord complete live tracks

but more easily, you can chop it up more easily, or not do that

you can od samples, or not
you can do anything with almost unlimited number of tracks

i have been resisting it for years (and i am fourty-five), only switchced to full computer recording one and a half year ago (and still have my 16 track recorder, just in case :-))

but is soooo much fun

try the (infinite) free trail version of reaper, just to check it out further?

if you need tips or help, there are many who can help you here
with reaper, or any other DAW

jmacdon

• Solo Gig
  • Give me a lyric and I'll give you a song
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2012, 09:39:03 PM »
Well done Binbag - I don't mind bumping this up to the top of the chart because this song brings back great memories.  If you have seriously written this (or sampled this) as an ad hoc project, then you have talent.  As already mentioned, this is pure 80's - Paul Hardcastle, PSB, KLF and a bit of A Few Good Men (technically, early 90's, but filmed 89).  Mad, mad and mad, but a great track.  This is very current even today and I look forward to listening to this on the radio (albeit, Absolute 80's!)

Respect. Let us here more.