konalavadome

Dear Josie (2 versions... which is better?)

• 6 Replies

dinnerwithgreedo

• Platinum Album
    • Facebook fanpage
« on: September 01, 2011, 03:22:47 PM »
Hi guys... i've posted this song previously BUT i'm undecided on which to actually 'properly' record. These are vids so you get to see my ugly mug and see me playing guitar badly too (you lucky things).

(strummed)

(finger picked)
Remember.... it's just my opinion. It doesn't make me right. Although i probably am ;)

dinnerwithgreedo

• Platinum Album
    • Facebook fanpage
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2011, 01:23:47 AM »
Anyone?
Remember.... it's just my opinion. It doesn't make me right. Although i probably am ;)

Paul

• Platinum Album
  • "There are moments of magic, of beautiful peace!"
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2011, 09:26:00 AM »
Hi greedo,

It's definitely the fingerpicked version for me.  It makes me think about some of the Glen Campbell songs that I love so much, like  'Wichita Lineman.'   I don't mean it uses the same melody.  I'm simply commenting on the overall feel of the song.  I'd be thrilled to create something that evokes memories of songs like that.

Paul

cheff daniel

• Solo Gig
  • ...?
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2011, 09:59:23 AM »
hi Greedo, first of all a lovely song again. i like both versions and i think the picked version is good as a stand alone just man and guitar, while in the strummed version i also can hear a full band playing. either wich way, the song stands.

gr.  Dan

Kafla

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2011, 10:17:26 AM »
Greedo - joking aside ( see the bar!)

I really can't understand why you don't buy some cheap software and Midi keyboard and start producing your songs yourself

I have seen you play piano on brand new, you clearly could sequence on the midi keyboard

I have a sense of frustration every time I listen to one of your  songs - how it could be arranged , what sounds would work

You would also then be in complete control of the sound

I would double or multiple track your voice to thicken it as well

Sorry mate but I need hear your songs with full arrangement - I hope you don't mind me saying this but its soo frustrating and I know you can do it and you would enjoy it

Anyway the picked version for me , the chord one doesn't work for me at all

jim morrison

• Platinum Album
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2011, 02:02:40 PM »
Definitely the 2nd my man, thats great guitar playing, well done!
Learner guitarist

Ramshackles

• Global Moderator
  • Stadium Tour
  • https://soundcloud.com/ramshackles
    • Ramshackles @ Facebook
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2011, 11:36:41 AM »
the finger picked one has much more rhythm and drive to it. I find myself bobbing my head to that version, but just sitting through the first one. Would love to see you record it with a proper mic on the guitar and your voice.