Pridefall (ft. Sarah Paradise-Brown)

• 22 Replies

kevysc

• Platinum Album
  • I'm Working from Memory
    • Your Song Contest
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2024, 09:47:14 AM »
@CorkingCrackBand  Nice to hear a new one from you. This has a big, ambitious, anthemic feel. (An overture perhaps? :) ) There is a lovely tension in the soundtrack and the male/female vocal duet works a treat. This could become a classic ...

Kevin

Elvis Nash

• Solo Gig
  • https://nashvillecalifornia.com/listen-page/
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2024, 11:06:29 PM »
Great vibe man , Cool production
Yeah real drums are the real deal instead of machines
Good luck on promotion !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CorkingCrackBand

• Platinum Album
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2024, 09:07:08 PM »
Hi @kevysc and @Elvis Nash

Thanks for listening and your thoughts.  :) It would be nice to polish this one up one day and get it sounding 'right'.  8)

All best,

CCB

man made material

• Solo Gig
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2024, 11:32:44 AM »
@CorkingCrackBand  the strings at the beginning immediately put a smile on my face, the sun felt it had peaked out on a dreary day! But this opens out and builds to near epic proportions! Very interesting lyrics and think the juxtaposition of the two vocal styles and points of view work really well… great production, there’s an awful lot of work in this building all the layers! Bravo!
Sound formed in a vacuum may seem a waste of time...

man made material

• Solo Gig
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2024, 11:34:32 AM »
Btw love the addition of the horns at the end too!!!
Sound formed in a vacuum may seem a waste of time...

CorkingCrackBand

• Platinum Album
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2024, 11:29:01 AM »
Hi @man made material

It's always great to pop a smile on someone's face.  :) Thank you for listening and commenting.

All the best,

CCB

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2024, 09:00:47 AM »
Hi CCB - another interesting track from you (no surprise). Love the way you have different rhythms and feels for each section. Having another vocalist present also helps that but it all feels very musical and flows so well from one part to the next. I actually didn't notice the drums much as they're not really the driver of anything here (but if you do redo then I'm sure they'll add something - but not take over I hope). A real swirling feast of sounds at the end without getting messy - really like that.

CorkingCrackBand

• Platinum Album
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2024, 10:09:39 PM »
Cheers @adamfarr

Any drums (if/when) will be tastefully done - we both like the closing drums and would look to replicate that feel as much as possible. I think just something gentle/tasteful to provide a little more variation for the main section is what we plan. Nothing outlandish.

Thanks for listening and commenting.  :)

CCB