konalavadome

I've Got Time For You - Henry O'Farrell

• 17 Replies

HenryOFarrell

• Busker
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2017, 10:49:43 PM »
I really enjoyed the song and performance

I liked the Irish lilt to the melody and vocal (which I didn't hear in your spoken voice but there is definitely an influence in there somewhere)

This is my favourite song of yours but I think there is definitely room to "tighten it up" so I think time spent re-writing would be a good investmet

Thank you very much, you are the first person that has mentioned an Irish 'lilt'. I have a lot of family from Ireland and am quarter Irish myself, and so am shown quite a bit of Irish folk (which I love!!).

I will defiantly try and tighten things up, and hopefully improved the overall sound of the song.

Thank you very much for an inspiring comment,
Henry O'Farrell :)

Oldbutyet

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2017, 11:36:34 PM »
Nice song really good lyrics but dont take offense, you lost yourself in you not the song.

"Forever trying, like I'm swimming in an endless ocean" slow down after that get the feel of it.

Rerecord and just go with the flow, cool idea.

HenryOFarrell

• Busker
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2017, 09:09:46 PM »
Lovely song and performance. Always good to see a live video on here. It'd be good to hear it with a few harmonies and some percussion – obviously not possible with only one of you. Do you play with anyone else at all?

Thank you very much! I want to try and get more into recording actually. Any tips?