CHILDREN OF THE LIGHT ©

• 23 Replies

Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2015, 04:09:35 PM »
As innovative as ever!

Great and interesting backing sets up a great mood...but might think about minimizing that pulse (Nooms' helicopter) a bit...it was the only bit that wasn't working for me right through the song...that's just me though! And it might not work so well without it of course.

Mystic Dreamer's already pointed out the dissonance bit. Yeah, 2nd time perfectly OK.

Don't generally go for lots of talking bits but they scan nicely. The whispered part is really good!

Yeah, love those Eastern sounding (Indian?) instruments. Was that a sitar in there?
Take it easy.

You can check my stuff out here. Mini-album getting bigger slowly. Free download if you're poorer than me.

Easy Life - Viscount Cramer

Mark Ryan

• Solo Gig
  • Banned user
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2015, 04:40:04 PM »
Hi Suzy,
I liked this. There was a lot of stuff going on here which I really loved and would have loved to have seen them expanded on, such as the Bodhran, but maybe that's the Irish in me :)
I felt at times as though I was at a Pagan ritual with a bonfire etc... Then I started getting mental pictures about forest orgies but we won't go there eh  ::)
What I'm trying to say though is that music should take you somewhere and evoke pictures in your mind's eye, which this did. Personally I would love to expand on the hook and encompass it into a rock song, because that's what I was hearing as the Bodhran was being built up, I just felt there was an overdriven guitar going to come in any minute. Listen to Astronomy Domine by Pink Floyd and you'll get what I mean, I think it would work great for something like this as it has that prog-rock feel to it.
I've been a friend of yours on Soundcloud for a couple of years now, and it's very seldom I've heard something from you which isn't worth at least a 2nd listen, and this is no different. You seem to challenge yourself with your writing, not content with sticking to formulae, and I like that, it retains interest. Songs like this, while it may not be the finished article, will inspire a wealth of other songs, not just from yourself, but others also because there's so much happening in here.
I really liked it Suzy, well done.
Mark

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2015, 05:51:44 PM »
Hi CS

Well, it is those that push the creative envelope that find new artistic paths.
And you've done just that here - very ethereal (always wanted to use that word)  ;D ;D
I didn't mind the dissonance at all - just added to the interest!

Way to go Suzy - show 'em what Canucks are made of!

Paul

James Nighthawk

• Stadium Tour
    • www.facebook.com/jamesnighthawk
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2015, 11:50:48 PM »
Mystic Dreamer pretty much stole my written notes!

The more "straight" sections and the opening AHHS are sublime and work fantastically. As do the spoken parts, as tonality is removed.

The sections MD mentioned are too far from the key to be comfortable.

The out-of-tune piano Section DOES work for me. This section has a workable dissonance to my ear. Dissonance is such a tricky mistress to toy with.

In general, I love this. The new age creepiness is just sublime. Fix the section that need fixing and you'll have a left of field winner here!!

Love the artistry, as always gal xxx
www.facebook.com/jamesnighthawk
Twitter @JamesNighthawk

Cyrn

• Busker
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2015, 09:28:20 AM »
As you suggest - not everyone's cup of tea and not normally mine - so why do I like it so much? Great feel to it. Got a real late night ambient vibe. A lot of abstract concepts in there: love, integrity, truth etc. and maybe a bit of concrete imagery might offset this.

beckylucythomas

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2015, 09:26:52 PM »
I've said it before and no doubt I'll say it a million more times, but I am so in awe of your creativity!

I loved the soundscape for this. I think I would have preferred just that without the vocals for this one, but having said that, I think the lyrics are really really good, really thought provoking if that doesn't sound too trite. I guess it's the dissonant harmonies that take me away from the floating meditation. Or maybe if the vocal came through a bit more softly it might wash into the soundscape a bit more subtley.

Beautiful spirituality.

Stylus

• Stadium Tour
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/DJRAJBAROT
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2015, 09:35:51 PM »
Genius.

Suze!  How do you do this? Soundscape this izz extraterrestrial & conjours up Star trek-dr.Who- & all those lunar films from the past. Your vocal layering is superb both in the singing & spoken parts.The music & incidental bits are fitting &  if you were a painter  you would have a masterpiece.

I dont think I could ever  do this   yer a  talented woman   :)  Hug'zzz Stylus :)                     

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2015, 12:27:13 PM »
Hi guys,

Sorry it's taken me a while to respond to all your very kind reviews, but I was out of town, so had no access to a computer :(
I'm blown away that so many of you actually liked this song...I really didn't know what to
expect, as it is a little odd, so I'm humbled by your comments  8)
With the help of all your insight and advice, I'm trying to redo some of the vocals etc, so will post the updated version asap :o
I would love to respond to each and every one of your reviews, but as there are so many since I've been away, it would take me forever, so a BIG THANKS to all who took the time to listen and comment :) :) You guys are amazing :)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 12:29:16 PM by crystalsuzy »

garys2811

• Open Mic
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2015, 07:52:47 PM »
Not a foot tapper. I found it spooky, weird, unsettling and enjoyed it so much. Great stuff.
Garys2811