konalavadome

PAIRS COMPETITION ENTRY - The Great Unknown

• 18 Replies

mihkay

• Platinum Album
  • Tune first....Lyrics long, long way second.
    • Mihkay Demos
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2012, 10:33:10 PM »

it would been better to build into something bigger at the end when i said goes on a wee while i just thought after about 2 and half minutes just thought it would step up a bit!

I was what I was aiming for but my production desires outweigh my production skills, which are still in their infancy and like the vocal I ran out of time.  :-[
I knew I needed a build up at the end but adding more instruments would not have worked. What I really needed to do was create the dynamics with the existing instrumentation. Unfortunately I don't play the keyboards so the midi drums, strings and organ were written in notation. I should have gone back and adjusted the velocity of each individual note to give that build from beginning to end, but as you can probably imagine, that is a rather time consuming process, so I tried to cheat by using wind sound effects. To some success, but not enough.

BUT NEXT TIME...........................!!  ;) ;D
I have no authority or standing here, only opinions. :-)

man of simple pleasures

• Platinum Album
  • power to the people
    • soundcloud
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2012, 12:36:05 AM »

it would been better to build into something bigger at the end when i said goes on a wee while i just thought after about 2 and half minutes just thought it would step up a bit!

I was what I was aiming for but my production desires outweigh my production skills, which are still in their infancy and like the vocal I ran out of time.  :-[
I knew I needed a build up at the end but adding more instruments would not have worked. What I really needed to do was create the dynamics with the existing instrumentation. Unfortunately I don't play the keyboards so the midi drums, strings and organ were written in notation. I should have gone back and adjusted the velocity of each individual note to give that build from beginning to end, but as you can probably imagine, that is a rather time consuming process, so I tried to cheat by using wind sound effects. To some success, but not enough.

BUT NEXT TIME...........................!!  ;) ;D

hey thats it mate gotta aim to write, record and produce  a classic like, you some way ahead of me like if you listen to my tunes like!
fly away and find my peace of mind...

https://soundcloud.com/man-of-simple-pleasures/tracks

andy5544

• Platinum Album
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2012, 10:27:30 PM »
Well done chaps , what they said about vocals , but overall tune was very good .
I wanted to be a hippy....but my mum wouldn't let me !!

Beware the JudDeRMan when the moon grows FAT !!!!!!!!

flossie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2012, 11:20:28 AM »
Hiya,
This is definitely up my street and I do like a bit of drama so to my mind dramatic is the way forward!  I really like it, lyrics are good and poppy and the falling to the depths bit is particularly brilliant both musically and lyrically - I'm thinking anthem here - I can hear gospel choirs too  ;)!!! Well done both of you and good luck in the comp.  :-*
x