Jesus loves you,
      somebody has to

days of empire, with unquenchable thirst
lived by the sword, killed by the word
Jesus loves you,
        somebody has to
....    rightly

Nick Ryder:
Apologies, but I stopped reading at the 'C' word.

Elvis Nash:
Yeah the C word might turn off Christians Rightly ,

MonnoDB:
This is interesting.. I have a complicated relationship with the “c” word…

In Ireland, there are places were it is widely used and not seen as “extreme” and many of my friends including my husband come from one of these places. So I am used to them using it frequently and without causing offence.  I expect that this is the case for other parts of the English-speaking world too.

However I grew up somewhere where this wasn’t the case so it was always seem as a fairly hardcore, extreme curse word.

I also think it's something to do with the very hard "c" sound - in the same way that "cock" sounds much harsher than "prick" (for example).

I have two daughters - both in their late teens and their circle of friends frequently use it and don’t take offence at its use. They’ve kind of claimed it in an empowering way.

Having said that, in my home, it’s not acceptable in general use / conversation but at the same time I don’t have a problem with it.  We Irish curse A LOT!

So I think if you’re bothered to review a lyric, it’s logical to me that you might  object to the use of the c-word but why on earth would you not just make that point and review the lyric? Or say nothing? Not post at all? To write off a whole lyric because of the use of one word seems bizarre to me..

So… to the lyric - I’m intrigued.. I don’t understand it fully but then I never do with your lyrics and that’s why I like them so much.

Looking forward to hearing the song..

K

rightly:

--- Quote from: Nick Ryder on April 27, 2024, 02:06:40 PM ---Apologies, but I stopped reading at the 'C' word.

--- End quote ---

Bingo! 😃

@Elvis Nash
Yes, the thought did occur to me. 😃

I think the Christians, collectively, are guilty of more than a one syllable word of profanity.
I don't expect a slump in record sales. Tbh.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version