I Got a call

• 8 Replies

Saeed AlSuri

• Platinum Album
« on: May 02, 2013, 09:02:13 AM »
Well guys this seems the farewell entry for me on this forum because of the new rules .. I don't expect my self to write English songs all the time .. I have other music which I love to write Instrumentals .. orchestral .. Contemporary music and Arabic songs .. and there is no place for it here in the forum ..

most of my other type of music are on You tube and sound cloud ..  ;)

so back to my song " I Got a Call "..
this is my first English song I ever wrote .. its about a situation happened to me 6 months ago when I first installed Skype on my computer .. I got a massage asking what I wrote in the song .. there is one line in the lyric s which was not in the massages " she loves gold " this my edition to rhyme ..
 the link : https://soundcloud.com/saeed-alsuri/i-got-a-call

the lyrics :

The other day I got a call
From someone I never known before
I asked her what she wants ??
She said a place in my heart ...

I never known her before ..
Wonder why she's doing that for ..

She's 28 years old ..
She works as a waitress ..
And she loves gold ..
Her parents are from Africa ..
Mama from Ghana ..
Father from South Africa ..

I never known her before ..
wonder why she's doing that for ..

It's may be a scam or may be it's real ..
It's very odd and strange deal ..
In the end I said No thanks No..
There's no place in my heart for you ..

No place in my heart .. No place in my heart

So good luck to you all .. hope you like the song ..

Saeed :D

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2013, 11:06:06 AM »
Hi Saeed...I really enjoyed listening to this song...you are a very good musician and song writer...I love the latin pop sound...the production and guitar playing are awesome...I love your vocals and I really like the harmonies...everything is very crisp and clear...you did amazingly well writing a song in english...it not being your native language...I liked the subject matter as well...some stranger just popping up on your skype :o
I am very sad to hear this may be your swan song  :( I will miss you on this forum and hope you will decide to stay...I don't think you have to post english lyrics if your song doesn't have them...I think all musical styles are welcome...I just listened to an electronica piece that was just music...I love all of your stuff and value your reviews, so please stay with us :'(

Dutchbeat

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 02:03:34 PM »
Hi Saeed,

there is no need to leave this forum, surely there is place for instrumentals and songs in another language than English on this forum. One day i will place a song in Dutch on the forum...

i hope you stay around, it is always a pleasure to listen to your music. I enjoyed this song very much, and a great recording!!!!

digger72

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2013, 03:19:44 PM »
Hi Saeed,

Surely that's not right? I think lyrics only have to be there if there are some, and can be in whatever language they are performed. It's our ignorance if we can't translate them - plus it adds to the mystery. Heck, some of us struggle to spell or use punctuation properly and English is the only language we speak! (I include myself.)

No. Can't be. ???

Any way, this song has all your usual craft. Great guitar, nice melodies. They always sound so happy.

No need to go.

Digger

Saeed AlSuri

• Platinum Album
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2013, 10:42:27 AM »
I thank you all guys for the kind words ..

I'm happy I made few friends on this forum .. and they will always stay with me .. I follow them and they follow me on the sound cloud site listening to there music and songs .. and they listening to mine ..

and some time I leave comments on the song on sound cloud .. so it's not big thing really ..

we are connected any way .. only if I can convince some of you to subscribe to my you tube to get notification of my new works ..  :D

I like what the forum gave me .. people to listen to my music and songs .. I think that is the major asset of this forum .. reviews are secondary to the issue .. ;D

so cheers guys .. we'll always meet again ..

Saeed

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2013, 09:28:04 PM »
You have a unique tapestry of sounds and a cyclical feeling to all your songs and this was your first in English!!! As usual excellent musicianship and nice flowing tune. You know, as others have said that I hope you can stay the forum will be worse without you...   
:( :( 
Neil
songwriter of no repute..

Saeed AlSuri

• Platinum Album
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2013, 02:36:06 AM »
I thank you Neil for your nice words ..

the Moderators of the forum .. explained to me that the rules are not stopping me from presenting other types of music on this forum .. which made me very happy .. so I'm really staying .. :D

I would like my next work to be music only I have few to chose from for next week entry ..

thanks again Neil ..

Cheers

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2013, 11:13:21 AM »
I thank you Neil for your nice words ..

the Moderators of the forum .. explained to me that the rules are not stopping me from presenting other types of music on this forum .. which made me very happy .. so I'm really staying .. :D

I would like my next work to be music only I have few to chose from for next week entry ..

thanks again Neil ..

Cheers

I'm so happy ;D

Saeed AlSuri

• Platinum Album
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2013, 01:15:23 PM »
I am humbled by you crystalsuzy ..

I cant thank you much for your support of my music ..   :D

thank you again ..

Cheers ..