konalavadome

my 3rd English song " You know I Love you "

• 16 Replies

Saeed AlSuri

• Platinum Album
« on: February 27, 2013, 04:59:54 PM »
This is my 3rd English song I wrote .. I would like to get feed back on this song ..

https://soundcloud.com/saeed-alsuri/you-know-i-love-you ..
Lyrics :

You know I love you .. 19 Feb.2013.

I want to know whats going on ..
I've heard you are seeing some one ..
Is it true !! .. I must know ..
You know how much I love you ..

After all the time we spent to gather ..
You're leaving me..
I thought our love is forever ..
You're shutting me ..

What happened the other day ..
I wish if I can make it go away ..
What did I do to you ..
Was a mistake ..what more can I say ..

S.T.C

• Stadium Tour
  • American Cars........out now
    • http://oldsongsnew.com/
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2013, 05:33:34 PM »
Pretty good song...got a bit of Moody Blues...thought you made a lot out of your lyrics..

darreldo

• Open Mic
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2013, 04:03:02 AM »
you are a very good guitar player, i didnt expect the change in tempo towards the end. good work

Saeed AlSuri

• Platinum Album
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2013, 09:42:59 AM »
it's nice to read nice words about ones songs .. but I wont to ask is there some one wants to sing my song in his or her Band ??? .. the greatest achievement for a song writer is that his songs reaches to listeners far from his or her reach ...  so is there ?? .. thank you all .. ;D

flossie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2013, 01:55:51 PM »
Hi Saeed,

I'm really impressed I've had a listen to some of your other stuff too and you are a quality musician. 

If you are trying to sell your music you need to look at sending your music to publishers, it is very difficult to reach artists themselves and the publisher works as  a go between.  Just google it there absolutely loads of publishers.  Then write a nice email attach tracks as mp3's and probably one at a time so that you don't clog up emails and off you go!

Also why not put them on youtube, you can reach lots of people there and you can place links to web sites like Bandcamp where fans can purchase your music too!

I would love to know more about you tell us more about your musical background, I'm intrigued....! ;D
x

Saeed AlSuri

• Platinum Album
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2013, 02:02:25 AM »
Hello flossie ..

Thank you for the advice ..

But do you think my materiel is good enough to be presented to a publisher ?? .. selling my songs is not my aim .. getting it heard is .. I don't mind giving it free to any body welling to take it and use it .. only keep my name of course ..

Do you have Face Book account ?? if so I would like you to add me as a friend on your Face Book account .. it'll be great to communicate with you ..

Innominate

• Open Mic
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2013, 03:02:59 AM »
Once again your music is really, really solid. While your arrangement throws me off every time, it creates an interesting flow and still manages to work. This is easily my favorite song of yours, largely  because it's a rock song though. The guitar stays out of the way of the vocals, not like in "It's Really Hard" and the sound of the rhythm and guitar is great. I don't like the vocals as much. The vocal effects do not match the rest of the music. I have no idea what would fix that but they sound bottled where as the guitar and other music sounds open and unconfined. Also, the vocals are pretty subdued and soft in a song that sounds pretty rock. I would like some more 'rock' vocals. There are also a few issues with the lyrics.

"I Wish if I can make it go away" is poorly worded.  "I wish that I could make it go away" would sound right.

"I thought our love is forever" 

"Thought" is past tense, "is" is present tense, they don't work together. Both "I thought our love was forever" and "I think our love is forever" work together.

"What did I do to you ..
Was a mistake ..what more can I say .."

This doesn't really make sense, it doesn't follow. "What did i do to you?" is a question and the next line doesn't make sense as an answer or a comment.

"What I did to you,
Was a mistake.. what more can I say.."

This makes sense if that was what you were intending.

Lastly, "You're shutting me" is an incomplete thought. "You're shunning me" sort of works, "Shutting me out" works better. However, you could say "But you've leaving me" again and that works best in my opinion. As it stands now, that line shouldn't be left as it is.

Again, this is the best song of yours i've heard and i'm impressed with your musicianship and music writing abilities. Good job.

Saeed AlSuri

• Platinum Album
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2013, 03:33:56 AM »
Thanks Innominate ..

glade that you liked this song .. Rock is not my type of music as for as playing it or singing it rather .. but my way of butting music to words always was that lyrics which drive my music not the other way round .. I don't fit the words to music .. I've been doing this for more the 30 years .. I'm trying now to do this with my first lyrical exercise for Beatles cover please .. listen to it ..
https://soundcloud.com/saeed-alsuri/hello ..

going back to the rock thing .. It's my first rock song ever .. so I need all the right guild lines I can get to help me understand the form .. said that .. I never played rock style .. I'm a Latin style man .. I think it shows .. :D

Cheers

thank Innominate again

Tom n Ad

• Busker
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2013, 02:07:19 PM »
Hey man you look like the geezer who did our dad's hernia...you a surgeon or something?
So you put your patients to sleep & play 'em your songs? A captive audience, ha what a diabolical idea. You doctors are clever guys!
This song sounds a bit clumsy, like you need a few more lessons on the guitar, but it aint bad so keep trying!
My brother Ad's got his Santana-ometer out & you got a 5 
This is a bloody long track y'know weve been sitting here for 15 minutes, it sounds like 6 songs   

Saeed AlSuri

• Platinum Album
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2013, 02:59:27 PM »
Hi Tom n Ad ..

I don't have a clue what are you taking about long track .. geezer ..doctors .. clumsy ..couldn't understand a thing .. man .. take it easy .. chill man .. :D

I'm not English but you don't make any sense man ..  8)

I think you wont to say that the song is bad and you don't like .. there I think that was not very difficult was it ??  ::)

Tom n Ad

• Busker
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2013, 08:08:25 PM »
Is that so? Well we bet you'd have understood it if we said we liked your little song!
That's the oldest trick in the book, not speaking the language  when it's something you dont want to hear.
If you can't take a bit of gentle criticism & humour with it, maybe you shouldnt be doing this music forum thing.   

Dutchbeat

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2013, 08:23:03 PM »
Tom n Ad, just shut up, ok?

Ramshackles

• Global Moderator
  • Stadium Tour
  • https://soundcloud.com/ramshackles
    • Ramshackles @ Facebook
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2013, 08:30:26 PM »
Well, this is the 2nd complaint I've received in the same day...

A couple of points for 'Tom N Ad' and anyone wanting to work 'humour' into their posts in general:

1. Saeed was not hiding behind 'not speaking the language'. His posts read clearer than yours actually..
I think he was merely pointing out that if you don't like the song, comment about that rather than making personal jabs.

2. Humour is more than welcome on this forum. Cheap shots are not. (They aren't that funny either).
Be a bit more polite and get to know some people before making fun of them (in a personal manner). Just like if you met them in person, right?

Now, the OP didn't report your posts here, so I'm leaving them up and boss-man can make the final decision on that.

And as you are new to this group, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

However, that is your 2nd strike. 

Ramshackles

• Global Moderator
  • Stadium Tour
  • https://soundcloud.com/ramshackles
    • Ramshackles @ Facebook
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2013, 08:34:46 PM »
To get this back on track, I'll give this one a review

Having seen your minimalist recording setup in your other thread, I'm surprised at how well it sounded! You manage to get a lot out of your gear, so kudos for that.

It sounds very 70's glam rock-ish. TRex, Deep Purple etc...
In some ways a bit derivative, but it is overall quite catchy.

Some changes in pace and/or dynamics might put a bit more movement and interest into the song IMO

flossie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2013, 08:53:04 PM »
Is that so? Well we bet you'd have understood it if we said we liked your little song!
That's the oldest trick in the book, not speaking the language  when it's something you dont want to hear.
If you can't take a bit of gentle criticism & humour with it, maybe you shouldnt be doing this music forum thing.   

IGNORANT AND RACIST