Hi everybody!

• 5 Replies

Sammyboi55

• Busker
    • My Facebook fan page!
« on: October 08, 2012, 01:29:20 PM »
Hello, just like to introduce myself to the forum.
My name is Sam Barrass and I am an aspiring singer-songwriter trying to make it in the big world of music haha. But i suppose that's why a lot of you are here.
I have most of my original songs on YouTube for people to have a listen but it would be great to have fellow musos take a look at my stuff. I ask when reviewing my work to please, please be critical but also constructive I am here to improve  ;D
Anyway here is one of my original songs "In The End".

Thank you!
"A significant number of anecdotal observations have accumulated that suggest people suffering from a variety of cancers appear to have been cured by ingesting what is known as Rick Simpson's hemp oil."

~Dr. Melamede, President & CEO, Cannabis Science / University of Colorado, Colorado Springs

S.T.C

• Stadium Tour
  • American Cars........out now
    • http://oldsongsnew.com/
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 03:20:20 PM »
It sounds like a Tracy Chapman song is that your intention?

I liked it,it flows well,lyrics are good and work with the melody...no criticism,and this the only song of yours i've listened to,but it this what the markets looking for...are you an aspiring ED SHEERAN...

« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 01:07:09 AM by songsthatcry »

jillianne

• Busker
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 05:06:52 PM »
Hiya, I listened and most of all I liked the tone of your vocals, very rich and good production.  I don't know if this helps but I didn't see the song through to the end, just too long to listen without more changes for me .... however I did enjoy your words which rang out loud and clear and the guitar work was very accomplished... I would have enjoyed watching you live more I guess.  Good luck with the album and your search for fame, you're certainly showing initiative in the way you're promoting :)

ToraBora

• Busker
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2012, 08:32:51 PM »
I was a bit disappointed with the guitar during the chorus after such an interesting and different approach to the verse. Good clear vocal, can definitely hold a tune. Nice structure.

digger72

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2012, 08:56:31 PM »
Hi Sammy,

I think you have a really good voice. Tracy Chapman was mentioned earlier. I had exactly the same thought.
Sounded good. Nice lyrics. Critically, the song seems a little one dimensional, but that might be the music type.

Good luck, anyhow. Will lookout for more posts.

Digger

S.T.C

• Stadium Tour
  • American Cars........out now
    • http://oldsongsnew.com/
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2012, 11:27:52 PM »
I`ve got a song you might be able to get involved on...just need to talk to the singer...

BTW Tracy Chapman is female..it`s a common mistake..