konalavadome

who knows?

• 2 Replies

Jane99

• Open Mic
« on: June 02, 2014, 05:07:49 PM »
HI:)
i don't know if this could be a good song :D cause this is kinda like a things-i-wanna-do-before-i-die-list :D
what do you think? could this turn out into a 'ral' song without a real chorus? :)
(by the way it isn't finished cause i don't know if i should finish this :D)

I don’t know what to do with my life maybe i’ll head into the south maybe i’ll stand on a stage
Who knows who knows
There’re so many things i wanna do before i die going to nashville sometimes meeting luke bryan someday
Who knows who knows
I don’t know where i will be in ten years from now maybe i was at the acm maybe not probably not
Who knows who knows
i wanna meet so many people like
Daniela ruah steve oloughling angie harmon jamie mcdell and jamie curry madeline juno

hardtwistmusic

• Stadium Tour
  • Central Oregon Sunset
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2014, 07:06:20 PM »
Just a suggestion:   You are deciding whether to finish this or not. 

Set it aside.  Don't finish it NOW. 

I Three years, the things you want to do before you die will be sooooooo different, and will provide a fascinating insight into YOU and people your age as opposed to people three years younger. 

THEN decide where it's going. 

Here is what would interest me.  A song similar to "This One's For the Girls"  where the singer contrasts the lives of 16 year olds,  26 year old young marrieds, 45 year olds for whom the "new" has worn off the relationships with men, and 65 year olds.

You probably can't write that NOW with limited perspectives... but over time, this could become an incredibly interesting story of growth. 

Just my two cents worth of perspective.  If it doesn't appeal to you, just ignore it. 

BTW.... thank you for the review on my lyric.  I know it's hard for you to do that, so it's "worth more" to me that you pushed yourself to do it. 

www.reverbnation.com/hardtwistmusicsongwriter

Verlon Gates  -  60 plus years old.

GTB

• Platinum Album
  • Valar Morghulis
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 07:25:29 PM »
Hi Jane,
Well you've flushed me out!  I've been writing something similar so I better post it now, called 'Bucket List'.

Your song looks reflective and thoughtful already and could be a great song if you can pull some more ideas into it so it makes coherent point.  Good idea (HTM) to wait a few years, but you could try to project yourself into the future if you want to finish it now.

GTB
GTB