konalavadome

One Day, Two Hearts

• 24 Replies

IronKnee

• Stadium Tour
« on: May 01, 2016, 11:46:58 PM »
Hi everyone.........Here's a little something new that I would love to get your thoughts on. As always, all comments and first impressions welcome  8)  Thanks in advance!
                                                                                 -Tom

“One Day, Two Hearts”
 By Tom Tognaci 

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=10624668

One look,
One breath,
It’s how it all had begun
One heart,
One love,
No number as lonely as one
One wish,
One day,
Two hearts will beat as one

Be still,
Take care,
Spring smells sweet in the air
Your time,
Will come,
Enjoy the time taking you there
One wish,
One day,

Be still my child…you’ve awoken
The green still colors your eyes
Your heart’s unbridled, nor broken
‘Till now it’s all been dreams and butterflies

One moon,
One sun,
A million stars hum along
One chorus,
One verse,
Heaven has now heard your song
One wish,
One day,
"I know the truth, by my struggle against it"
                                                          -IronKnee

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2016, 11:56:31 PM »
I thought that this was absolutely excellent Tom. I thought that it was 1969 again. What a lovely melody and the double track vocals really got me. I really like this because you have a simple structure and some repetition yet it drags you in and before the end of the song you are singing along  :)

Excellent stuff

Pompeyjazz

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2016, 04:12:43 AM »
I have no criticism. I love that it has harmonies. I'm a real harmony junkie. I think this might be suitable for a wedding. ??  And another song I'd like to try singing myself. I'm getting behind on learning the songs I want to add to my repertoire.

That's all I have to say. Not much. I must be tired. ;)

Vicki

hardtwistmusic

• Stadium Tour
  • Central Oregon Sunset
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2016, 06:32:48 AM »
Loved the simplicity of the lyric.  Loved that it communicated a complex set of emotions and thoughts without complex wording. 

Loved the beautiful guitar work.  Loved the prosody.  The music simply couldn't have been more perfect for the lyric/vocal to my ears. 

A few minor lyrical things I would have done differently, but I don't think they are worth bringing up.  No nits from me on this one.
www.reverbnation.com/hardtwistmusicsongwriter

Verlon Gates  -  60 plus years old.

MartynRich

• Stadium Tour
    • Personal website
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2016, 11:29:52 AM »
This is really good...nice and simple and well sung and well played. And more besides.

Beautiful song...I can imagine it as a soundtrack to a film where two people meet...

(One note - production wise, the vocal peaked in places. You should add a bit of compression or take them down slightly).

LostBoy

• Platinum Album
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2016, 04:39:13 PM »
Hi Tom,

Another lovely song by yourself.Nice and simple and lovely harmonies.

Martyns right the vocal does peak a little.I must be honest and say that the heavy panning of the vocal at the start and end didn't really work for me.It sounded much nicer I thought at 1.20 when you brought the lead vocal back to the center with the harmonies off to the sides.Just my 2 cents mate.I know you know your way around a song though.You asked for first impressions and this is my first and second for ya.  ;)

Always nice to hear new stuff from you.
Leo  ;D

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2016, 10:40:03 PM »
Charming,beautiful,delightfully melodic and harmonious. Very Beatlish and 60s without sounding derivative.

Great work Tom.

The only small thing I hear is a little peaking on the vocal. I think it may be on the harmony track,but a minor detail.

Fab stuff,off for another listen.

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2016, 12:56:06 PM »
omg you sound like simon & garfunkel! :o
wow this is amazingly good ..so tuneful & so beautiful & theres a very innocent feel to the lyrics & music that takes it back to a gentler time
wow those 2 voices spread out so far like that is quite unusual & I realy liked it ...it was like I was sitting  in the middle like I was the 'and' in simon & garfunkel  :)
its pity it was distorting in places.. that is rather spoiling your lovely songs (I think it happened in your last one aswell)
Tell me Im wonderful & I ll be nice to you :)

PTCruiser1801

• Open Mic
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2016, 03:47:29 PM »
Tom- I havent read anyone else's comments before writing this...

I can picture Simon and Garfunkel singing this song. The melody is excellent and the two voice parts are a lovely addition to this. My favourite part was the 'daaaayyyyy' at the end of each verse...really liked the sound quality and note pureness on that word each time around!

Really enjoyable!

Would have loved the strings(?) to be a tad louder as the song progressed...only a minor nit though! :)

The S

• Solo Gig
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2016, 05:02:29 PM »
What can I say other than, it's a great song Tom, greatly sung and I wish I wrote it. Says it all.

Good stuff!

Cheers,

S

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2016, 09:42:43 AM »
Tom - really really great song, arrangement and delivery. Everything worked together. Sounds like a classic that I had forgotten (if you know what I mean).

If I were really being a perfectionist, there are a couple of things that didn't sound 100% natural in the lyrics: "had begun" and "unbridled nor broken". Though thinking about it, I think the second is actually rather poetic and adds a touch of originality.

Those were my first impressions - but I think I need to stop being too songwritery and just enjoy as a listener would (and will!)

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2016, 01:25:00 PM »
Well that was the sweetest song I've heard in a long time, Tom :-*
I love that you've kept it simple, production wise...it matches the innocent vibe :)
Beautiful vocals and guitar, and sweet lyrics to match  :)
I agree, Simon&Garfunkel could have sung this back in their day :)
I love it...it's gorgeous, and I will listen to it many times over :) Kudos
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 11:37:27 PM by crystalsuzy »

Marrianna

• Platinum Album
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2016, 06:18:54 PM »
Tom,

I really like your song because:

It is uncluttered by too much backing.
The gentle guitar compliments your vocals and allows the clarity of the words which are easy to listen to and remembered.
I immediately thought of the great Everly Brothers and it could have been them on a follow-up from Dream. That can't be bad :)

Thankyou
Marrianna

delb0y

• Platinum Album
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2016, 05:58:47 AM »
Very beautiful and pure. Simplicity to arrangement, backing, and melody. Just right. I don't like writing these quick, nothing to say messages, as I feel like I'm not helping any. But I've nothing to comment on here - as a song it's just right as it is. I preferred it when the vocals came together in the mic, and there were a few moments of minor distortion, but the song - lovely!

Derek
West Country Country Boy

IronKnee

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2016, 06:26:26 AM »
I thought that this was absolutely excellent Tom. I thought that it was 1969 again. What a lovely melody and the double track vocals really got me. I really like this because you have a simple structure and some repetition yet it drags you in and before the end of the song you are singing along  :)

Excellent stuff

Pompeyjazz

Hi pompy.........I'm always glad to hear from you, Thanks! I appreciate it.

I have no criticism. I love that it has harmonies. I'm a real harmony junkie. I think this might be suitable for a wedding. ??  And another song I'd like to try singing myself. I'm getting behind on learning the songs I want to add to my repertoire.

That's all I have to say. Not much. I must be tired. ;)

Vicki

Hi Vicki......Thank you for the generous compliment. I love harmony, as well.............I try to write them in where I can   :D Thanks, again.

Loved the simplicity of the lyric.  Loved that it communicated a complex set of emotions and thoughts without complex wording. 

Loved the beautiful guitar work.  Loved the prosody.  The music simply couldn't have been more perfect for the lyric/vocal to my ears. 

A few minor lyrical things I would have done differently, but I don't think they are worth bringing up.  No nits from me on this one.

Hey there htm..........thanks for stopping by.......and I am always interested in hearing any minor lyrical things you would have done differently. I appreciate your listening and commenting, as always  ;D

This is really good...nice and simple and well sung and well played. And more besides.

Beautiful song...I can imagine it as a soundtrack to a film where two people meet...

(One note - production wise, the vocal peaked in places. You should add a bit of compression or take them down slightly).

Hi MnR.....Thanks sooooo much for giving this a spin. I appreciate your comments, as well. I'm not too much into the recording end of this "hobby" of mine. It's just too tedious. I use a very simplistic recorder (Boss, Micro- BR 4-Trk.),........the old push button cassette recorder just might have been easier to use, but I haven't made up my mind about it, yet  :P
Thanks, again!!

8)-Tom
"I know the truth, by my struggle against it"
                                                          -IronKnee