konalavadome

Challenges for 2012

• 22 Replies

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2011, 07:44:53 PM »
id like to add a valentines day song to the list... we can all write a love song surely ...or you can all write one for me... i dont mind! ;D

we must have now got enough ideas here to do 1 a month .... what about that a song challenge evry month?

we just need to sort out the order we do them in thru the year & whoever suggested each one is responsible for running it :)

Tell me Im wonderful & I ll be nice to you :)

Dutchbeat

« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2012, 02:05:27 PM »
sounds good to me, Tinam

I think Valentine is first  ;D, i think that is somewhere in february already??? ::)

i will help me remind when it is, so that is a plus already

perhaps cover song in march / april? couldn't that be covering any song, one from a forum member or an existing hit?

and than perhaps we can combine the Olympic and Euro2012 (football) together into one, called something like: heroïc sports song category, or something like that (to be finished in Mai??/ Run by Kafla)

straight after that perhaps the category: Summer hit (to be finished in June...organised by me, please help us all)

what else was there....i been away for a few days...short song...perhaps we could do a best ringtone contest???

titanic song???what is that, lyrics about a sinking boat? i happen to have made one in the far past....with very Dunglish lyrics

and a Cheff Naked song....what is that? is that where we make a version of Cheff Daniel song....?? Sounds good to me

hope someone can help me catchup with this

mihkay

• Platinum Album
  • Tune first....Lyrics long, long way second.
    • Mihkay Demos
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2012, 12:27:58 PM »
Eurovision....OK
But what would be the criteria apart from not longer than 3 mins?

Football song for 2112.....OK
After all a Scot wrote the England Squads song for 1970 "Back Home"

Forum Cover song.........OK
Would be nice to hear a couple of variations and it would give an incentive to swap ideas.

Valentines Day love song...............OK  and as this one has the closest deadline.......?
I have no authority or standing here, only opinions. :-)

Schavuitje

• Stadium Tour
    • Camera Shy
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2012, 02:34:18 PM »
Don't forget the Olympics. A massive event for the UK.
There are holes in the sky where the rain gets in  , but they're ever so small, that's why rain is thin.

mihkay

• Platinum Album
  • Tune first....Lyrics long, long way second.
    • Mihkay Demos
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2012, 02:45:00 PM »
The one competition a month idea is intriguing.

Two ideas that would need a bit of organising and a trusted moderator, but how about getting lyricists and musicians together.

1. Ballot pairs:- Lyricists into one hat, musicians into another. Any style goes.
or
2. Lyricists excuse me. Lyricists pick a musician that they think would make a good partner for a lyrical idea. Again any style goes.

Obviously volunteers only and it would need even numbers of each.........but as a way of getting would be collaborators together for a one off event ......?
I have no authority or standing here, only opinions. :-)

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2012, 11:08:00 PM »
this is difficult ....it all needs organising but i know people dont like being told what to do so im reluctent to do it
its probly best if  we keep  a updated list of all the song challenge sugestions & maybe each month whoever gets the inclination to organise one picks what one they fancy & runs it?

the updated list of forum songwriting challenges
valentines day ...now running ...entries wanted!!

short song contest ..all songs must be under 1min 30 secs

unlpugged song/ naked song....vocal & just guitar/piano only

forum cover song ..........pick a song someones posted on the forum & do your own version

Eurovision song contest song

Euro 2011 football contest song

summer song

olympics song

funny song ... yeah what about  a comedy song?

halloween song ...spooky !

a collabaration song ...lyricists & musicians pair up to do a song together

christmas song 2012
Tell me Im wonderful & I ll be nice to you :)

Schavuitje

• Stadium Tour
    • Camera Shy
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2012, 02:36:27 PM »
Thanks for putting all of the idea's in one post Tina. My partners name is Tina and she is always trying to nag and boss

me around, it's a female thing :p We fella's need it so don't hesitate to be bossy lol

I would be happy to have a go at pretty much all the comps. I might not logistically be able to but I'll try.

I like the Idea of working with someone else on something. I already know who I would want to have a go at working with

if you get to choose?

Seeing as I keep suggesting the Olympic anthemy type thing. I will set that up very soon. Leave that one to me :)
There are holes in the sky where the rain gets in  , but they're ever so small, that's why rain is thin.

Fabio

• Busker
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2012, 06:58:21 PM »
sounds exciting! hope I get the time to do em all, at least I'll try. teaming up for some of the challenges sounds interesting. we definitely should give this a go.
Hope kills your sense for reality