konalavadome

...and the last shall be the first...

• 3 Replies

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« on: September 26, 2023, 01:10:06 PM »
Just to share this idea, on the odd occasion I have put a song together and the ending sounds great, but the intro doesn't, so I move the outro to the intro and everything sounds cool, just reverse the fade direction, or leave it out all together. I might leave the outro but pare down the instruments (wouldn't be a good idea to copy and paste it), it kind of works as a reprise, such as "Wasted Time " on Hotel Clifornia.

Hope this helps

Rich

Nick Ryder

• Solo Gig
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2023, 01:25:46 PM »
@cowparsleyman good call.

Also, in the past I have copied and pasted a good intro onto the end which can also work well if the stars align!!

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2023, 01:29:54 PM »
@Nick Ryder

That exactly what my entry for the Old for New) challenge does. I refer to the technique as both ends

Paul

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2023, 02:09:42 PM »
@cowparsleyman good call.

Also, in the past I have copied and pasted a good intro onto the end which can also work well if the stars align!!

Yeah I'm sure I've done it that way round to Nick...I don't know if you know the plugin The Riser by Air, this offers a neat way to create the transition needed in seemingly disparate sections of the song, such as going to a slow/lofi part etc..., pretty much only useful in up  tempo and EDM genres though.