konalavadome

(new song) This loving game

• 31 Replies

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« on: November 27, 2016, 12:15:41 PM »
Hi all, Just finished this..If you take a listen, I thank you.. :) :)

https://soundcloud.com/knmac/this-lovin-game

Give me the love I need, give me the way I see you,
feels like eternity, I've waited so long,
give me the way you feel, give me a whirl that's unreal,
your gonna make me kneel, I've waited so long,

this lovin game aint easy, this lovin game aint easy, at all,

I am your Ganymede, you are the only world for me,
I'll stay until you see my starlight in your eye's,
I walk along this street alone, don't know which way to go,
Give me a sign so I can follow you,

give me your night and day, tell me your goin all the way,
I wander in dismay, I've waited too long,

this lovin game aint easy, this lovin game aint easy, at all,

I dunno why it takes so long, everything's turning round,
I've fallen headlong,
I walk along this street alone, don't know which way to go,
Give me a sign so I can follow you,

Give me the love so we belong,
Give me the love you know I've waited, so long

this lovin game aint easy, this lovin game aint easy, at all,x2

©KNmac

best, kevin

« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 12:21:16 PM by shadowfax »
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2016, 12:32:00 PM »
Kev,
Neat inverted guitar chords with echo and then the drum and synths come in giving some power. Clear production as ever. Great delayed vocals too, fabulous and a little jealous how do you do that?
Liked the break down and come back.
Thoughts- I felt it could do with something more on the chorus to lift it a tad as it kind of leads you some where and. Perhaps more BV's or synth line or guitars..
Please feel free to ignore.
Enjoyable
 :)
Neil
songwriter of no repute..

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2016, 12:38:34 PM »
Kev,
Neat inverted guitar chords with echo and then the drum and synths come in giving some power. Clear production as ever. Great delayed vocals too, fabulous and a little jealous how do you do that?
Liked the break down and come back.
Thoughts- I felt it could do with something more on the chorus to lift it a tad as it kind of leads you some where and. Perhaps more BV's or synth line or guitars..
Please feel free to ignore.
Enjoyable
Neil

Hi Neil..what's an inverted guitar chord? ???
happy to tell you what you want to know about the vocals..PM me.. :)
ta for listening.. :)
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

ScottLevi

• Platinum Album
  • Keep on Trucking
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2016, 01:04:10 PM »
:) Wonderful well-thought out production and lyrics again, I don't know how you keep churning them out. Definitely feels like album material too, this and some of your others will fit together nicely to tell the bigger story.

Enjoyed the progression of instruments, you always build us up nicely and then maintain that interest.

I do like the subtle bits that add more depth to the lyrics too (ganymede, starlight - street alone, give me a sign).

Not really a criticism but I'd really like to hear you play with a more aggressive and less flowing changes to see what you could get away with.

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2016, 01:13:09 PM »
:) Wonderful well-thought out production and lyrics again, I don't know how you keep churning them out. Definitely feels like album material too, this and some of your others will fit together nicely to tell the bigger story.

Enjoyed the progression of instruments, you always build us up nicely and then maintain that interest.

I do like the subtle bits that add more depth to the lyrics too (ganymede, starlight - street alone, give me a sign).

Not really a criticism but I'd really like to hear you play with a more aggressive and less flowing changes to see what you could get away with.

Hi Scott, thank you for your kind words..If you want to hear something more aggressive from me listen to

Next World, Nightseed, Another lonely night or Spend all night with you (in which Boydie plays an awesome guitar break)

cheers my friend..
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2016, 10:46:24 PM »
Recurring medieval sounding themes going on in your songs these days,Kev.

No one does the 'yearning' better. Ta for the listen.  :)

jacksimmons

• Solo Gig
    • Jack Simmons Music Facebook Page
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2016, 11:54:19 PM »
I love this! Produced almost like a classic 80s pop song, but with a modern twist. Love the pulsing synths and the moving bass. Definitely a catchy chorus, too. I agree with NeilC - would love to get some tips off you as to how you get your vocals so crisp and clear even with everything that's going on.

I can hear some pretty nice, tight harmonies in the chorus and on the later verses, but they're so shy! I'd love to hear that chorus in three part and with the vocals way up front. I think you could have something really special with an arrangement like that.

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/jack-simmons-1/albums
Bandcamp: https://jacksimmonsmusic.bandcamp.com/

"When I play a dope melody, anything less than the best is a felony." - Robert Matthew Van Winkle

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2016, 07:25:03 AM »
Lovely clean guitar and vocals. Really like it when it picks up in the chorus with the underlying synth groove. The breakdown works very well.

Excellent production as usual. It's another quality piece of work from you Kev.

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2016, 08:59:13 AM »
Hi Skub..for the life of me I cannot hear anything Medieval in this song..what are listen to it with, and in which castle? :) :) :)

Hi Jack....thanks for the listen and the kind comments, as with Neil, if you want any info..PM me..

John, Thanks for listening mate..always appreciated from someone as prolific as yourself..

best guys..Kevin :)
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2016, 09:22:35 AM »
Hi Kev, another top notch production and vocal performance, as expected. I agree with Skub about the medieval feel it's something to do with the chord structure. Maybe it's the way it reverberates around the great hall of my castle ;). Good stuff!
Cheers
Jamie

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2016, 02:09:30 PM »
Kev,
Re inverted chords I just meant the sequence where you use three chords and then reverse the order. It's a neat trick as it sound both familiar and different, you've also choices about whether to keep the same melody or vary it. Like the fisrt two lines
Re delayed vocals I can hear some great delayed echo. Like the the ending of the verses and the choruses. What fx are using ? And what technique do you use? (something with the sends? ) so it comes in after the clean main vocals?
Neil
songwriter of no repute..

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2016, 02:11:03 PM »
this sticks very closely to your recent pop pattern & sounds like music thats designed to be for every occasion...i think you could play this at a wedding or a funeral & it would sound right (you could try it at a medieval banquet but I think theyd burn you at the stake for your pop wizardry) ;D
its lovely stuff & you are a perfection machine as always..
I wished youd used the female vocal more that only popped up once near the end ?..
I dont suppose you will listen to me but you realy need something to set your songs apart from one another ….i wish your lyrics told a story...stories give songs a identity that separates them  :)
Tell me Im wonderful & I ll be nice to you :)

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2016, 02:24:05 PM »
this sticks very closely to your recent pop pattern & sounds like music thats designed to be for every occasion...i think you could play this at a wedding or a funeral & it would sound right (you could try it at a medieval banquet but I think theyd burn you at the stake for your pop wizardry) ;D
its lovely stuff & you are a perfection machine as always..
I wished youd used the female vocal more that only popped up once near the end ?..
I dont suppose you will listen to me but you realy need something to set your songs apart from one another ….i wish your lyrics told a story...stories give songs a identity that separates them  :)

Hi Tina, I always listen to what peeps say, ignore some and take account of others. I have made an effort recently to produce better lyrics (as you suggested)   as in Dust of tomorrow and I thought the lyrics in any way you feel were not too bad ;D (for a pop song anyways) but ultimately in the pop world lyrics are not that important, nice if you've got em..but still can be commercial if you haven't..
I try to write commercial type songs and you don't often hear songs about depression and suchlike in the charts..which is where we'd all like to be I s'pose, and why not!!
best to you tina and ta very much for listening and keep on with those comments..

Kevin :)

« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 02:35:32 PM by shadowfax »
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2016, 02:33:59 PM »
Kev,
Re inverted chords I just meant the sequence where you use three chords and then reverse the order. It's a neat trick as it sound both familiar and different, you've also choices about whether to keep the same melody or vary it. Like the fisrt two lines
Re delayed vocals I can hear some great delayed echo. Like the the ending of the verses and the choruses. What fx are using ? And what technique do you use? (something with the sends? ) so it comes in after the clean main vocals?
Neil

Oh..gotcha...regarding the vocal delay, I use the Abbey road J37 but any delay would work,
it's simple really..first of all set a 1/4 delay, after the delay instantiate a compressor that has sidechain capabilities, send a signal from the vocal track to this compressor via the sidechain, this will compress the delay while the vocal is sounding..soon as the vocal stops the delay will sound because the signal from the vocal track is no longer compressing it, EQ the delay to remove low end stuff so it stands out a bit..
you can adjust the compressor to let the amount of delay through that you require..I have it so there is some delay during the vocal but you don't think you can hear it until you take it away, then when the vocal stops..it becomes louder..
that's it..happy to help anytime my friend :) :)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 02:36:37 PM by shadowfax »
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2016, 02:38:00 PM »
Hi Kev, another top notch production and vocal performance, as expected. I agree with Skub about the medieval feel it's something to do with the chord structure. Maybe it's the way it reverberates around the great hall of my castle ;). Good stuff!
Cheers
Jamie

Gotta get myself a castle since everybody who's anybody seems to be doing it.. ;D ;D
ta for listening mate.. :) :)
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!