konalavadome

Thanks For Nothing

• 19 Replies

mickyplankton

• Platinum Album
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2018, 11:18:41 AM »
Hey Morefrog. I mostly agree with most of the other comments. I've listened to the 2nd version. I still think the keyboards are a little too busy. Your best asset (you lucky sod  :)) is your voice, and I think your best songs always give the vocals room to breathe.
So dial down the keys a bit mate and I think you've got another hit here.

digger72

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2018, 10:52:23 AM »
Hi Morefrog,

This has a great Britpop 90s feel.
Could imagine it being played at the Hacienda back in the day.

Strong vocal.
Catchy melodies.
Good energy.

Great stuff.
Digger

Katie Wilson

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2018, 12:59:42 AM »
Listened again growing on me xxx

Johnnyuk

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2018, 09:38:40 PM »
Hi i loved your song. :)
For me the first thing whenever i write a song is the vocal. I think of songwriting like a pyramid. At the top is the vocal and below is all the decorations. For me your vocal gets lost. Way too low in the mix for me. Why hide it? You can sing so it should be front and center stage as with all songs. Less fx on your vocals and more in your face vocals for me. I wanna hear YOU first over the music. :)

Johnnyuk

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2018, 08:40:04 PM »
Hi,
I agree with all the comments so far.
The song is there for sure but for me it is the mix that is giving you issues right now.
Pull the song up again in whatever daw you are using and pull all the faders down. Then pull up your vocal first then the drums and then the bass. Get those 3 working together then the rest of the arrangement can be introduced at lower levels so they don't get in the way of your vocal, bass and drums.
I hope this helps.
Johnny :)