Hey everyone!

• 7 Replies

darigako

• Busker
« on: February 21, 2014, 07:57:57 PM »
Hello everyone  ;)

I'm Christiaan, I'm from the Netherlands and I'm 16 years old. In my spare time I write songs once in a while but most of them are unfinished: I get stuck a lot. So I thought, why not join a songwriting forum so I can get feedback, tips, etc?
I started serious songwriting last year, I used to do remixes and I still do mashups sometimes. I don't do remixes anymore because my ideas get more and more complex and I'm not a very good producer at all.

My dream job is becoming a musician. I already have my stage name: Darigako. If you look it up with google you will probably find my Soundcloud page, on which I've published a few mashups and an unfinished instrumental demo song.
Music has been my life ever since I was born I guess. But I hate my voice so hopefully I will encourage myself to upload some demos on here someday to know the truth about my skills. Anyway, I hope I will have a good time on this forum, it seems amazing to meet like-minded people ^^

diademgrove

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2014, 10:41:53 PM »
Welcome to the forum Christiaan, hope you find what you're looking for. Will check out some of your work over the weekend.

diadem

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
  • The People's Democratic Republic of Songwriting
    • Anthony Lane on soundcloud
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2014, 09:05:39 AM »
Hey Christiaan

Welcome to our friendly little place. I think you're going to like it here :)

Tone
New EP: Straitjacket - Listen here

1st track from my upcoming album -- Click to listen -- Thanks!

Please read the rules before posting in the feedback forums http://bit.l

fischermans

• Platinum Album
  • most other people find me suspicious
    • This is my band and me.
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2014, 06:57:46 PM »
Hello and welcome to the forum.
My band and me live in Eupen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bp_SGRMve1M&feature=youtu.be
><(((°><°)))><

Stylus

• Stadium Tour
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/DJRAJBAROT
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2014, 09:45:27 PM »
Hi   Darigako   Welcome

I'm  Fishermans   sister!         ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Gallowglass

• Solo Gig
  • Dime Store Saint
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2014, 02:31:41 AM »
Now that's one mashup I really didn't expect to see. Not sure if you rehabilitated Psy or put an iconic riff in therapy, but I am sure it worked. Actually reminded me of the The Pretty Reckless cover of Seven Nation Army and I'm not sure why.

You have a lot of talent for a sixteen-year-old, and I hope you like it here.

As a suggestion, try doing a mash-up of Dancing Faeries v. 2 with Comfortably Numb by Pink Floyd and Orion by Metallica. I just played all three songs at the same time on a whim. It's so trippy yet so uplifting, like a Jaegerbomb in music. You'll know more about getting the most out of it than me.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 02:43:34 AM by Gallowglass »
Band recommendation of the week: Fit For Rivals? False. Renee Phoenix has no rivals.

'She can still hear the Rebel Yell just as loud as it was in 1983' - Thrash Unreal, Against Me!

darigako

• Busker
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2014, 09:16:55 PM »
thanks for saying welcome guys :3
This forum really seems amazing, I'll post some lyrics I've been working on later this week.

Now that's one mashup I really didn't expect to see. Not sure if you rehabilitated Psy or put an iconic riff in therapy, but I am sure it worked. Actually reminded me of the The Pretty Reckless cover of Seven Nation Army and I'm not sure why.

You have a lot of talent for a sixteen-year-old, and I hope you like it here.

As a suggestion, try doing a mash-up of Dancing Faeries v. 2 with Comfortably Numb by Pink Floyd and Orion by Metallica. I just played all three songs at the same time on a whim. It's so trippy yet so uplifting, like a Jaegerbomb in music. You'll know more about getting the most out of it than me.

Thanks haha, I was listening to Seven Nation Army and suddenly Gangnam Style popped up in my head  ??? haha
But thanks ^^ I will try that next weekend, thanks for the suggestion.

BooBoo

• Platinum Album
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2014, 09:35:12 PM »
Hey welcome to the forum!
VOTE FOR JUNE LOTM!!!!!!!