konalavadome

Hi - musician and performance psychologist from the UK

• 7 Replies

les24preludes

• Busker
« on: January 05, 2017, 05:45:46 PM »
Hi guys,

I'm a musician, classically trained but played jazz most of my performing life. Changed mid-life to a performance psychologist and I've been working in the UK for 27 years with performers of many kinds. During this time I've written 5 books and run an MA degree in performance health. These days I work in a big rock academy with young musicians, particularly singers, and we talk a lot about songwriting and creative writing in general, along with all the other stuff like motivation, confidence, peak performance, perfectionism, performance anxiety etc. 

I used to write songs when i had my own band, and I'm renewing my interest in songwriting. Hence signing up here. I use Garageband right now, but hope to migrate to Logic when I get more adept.

I'm totally into songwriting, in all ways, as we all are here. And if I can help with anything I'd be pleased to do so.

Andy

The S

• Solo Gig
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2017, 06:00:03 PM »
Welcome! Looks like you've got a lot to offer. It's a great place here with lots of friendly and talented peeps. Hope you enjoy it!

Cheers,

S

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2017, 06:07:14 PM »
Hi Andy  :)

Welcome along! Sounds like you'll be a great asset to the forum...there's a great bunch of people here...and loads of great help and advice which has helped me loads. And some great songs too!

By the way, is your username from Liszt's (?) "Les preludes" the old theme from "Flash Gordon" ?

I sat through a few performances of that when I was a kid  :)
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2017, 06:14:04 PM »
Hello Andy

You're not jumping in at the deep end then? Some of us could use all the help we can get!

Hope you enjoy your stay.

Take it easy.

You can check my stuff out here. Mini-album getting bigger slowly. Free download if you're poorer than me.

Easy Life - Viscount Cramer

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2017, 10:00:09 PM »
Yo Andy.  :)

Welcome along,you sound very cerebral,I hope you don't find yourself overqualified for out little corner of the interwebz....well not before we've picked your brains anyway.  :D

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2017, 12:45:41 AM »
Welcome aboard Andy!
This is a fun and helpful place!

Paul

TimCurtis

• Open Mic
  • Zendium Moon Logo
    • Zendium Moon on Soundcloud
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2017, 02:09:14 AM »
Hi Andy! Good to have you here and looking forward to your music and comments. ;D