Lorem Ipsum

• 24 Replies

Max Adam

• Busker
  • Enjoy music...
    • https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwCAA5GkoF10LZJN9XiTz2g
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2016, 11:23:06 AM »
Hi - Beautiful melody, thought the dischordant brass gives an interesting personality to the song. Less is more, really liked the simplicity on the structure. The chorus brings me to the mind "Robbie Williams" trails. Nice job.
Have a good day.

Max Adam
Max Adam.
Songwriter.
www.instagram.com/_maxadam

Waterpilot

• Busker
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2016, 10:09:04 AM »
I love the chorus and the bass sounds great.

Dimitris

• Busker
  • ...Remember: Shows go on! It's what they do!
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2016, 10:30:47 AM »
Wow! Great music, lyrics, production, singing, mixing, everything works perfectly!

And the title really is catchy: Knowing what it means (nothing really) I didn't know what to expect from it, but certainly made me want to listen to it! 

Bravo!

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2016, 03:59:01 PM »
Hi,

I agree with what others have said - the production is simply exquisite - like a jewel box full of hidden delights. Your vocal is lovely but don't lose the accent. Melodically effortless and beautifully matched to the lyrics. This is a gorgeous piece of music and easily my favourite track of yours ever.

M

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2016, 05:22:40 PM »
You know I love your writing and production - and this is no exception

You really should be pitching your songs to TV and film as they all have a distinctive feel

I think I have said it before - your songs would be the perfect accompaniment to the next PIXAR short

Gorgeous stuff!
To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2016, 07:31:39 AM »
Very clever title - it's the epitome of laziness, meaninglessness and "deadness" - just what the song is advocating against.

The repeated "agains" in the verses work well to conjure up the drudgery, but then a nice turn around with "born again".

I like the brave instrument choices - the youthfull carefree whistle sound and the slightly off key sounding horns and bass - a really nice contrast.

For me a really interesting and successful song, great stuff.

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2016, 03:56:55 PM »
Finally have a chance to listen to this one. I've been wanting to because of all the glowing comments, and I have to say I pretty much agree with them all. I like the instrumentation choices and the production is awesome. The melody and words are good, as is the performance.

If you've read many of my reviews, you may have picked up on the idea that I'm picky about prosody (that might make a good song title..."Picky about Prosody"...hmmm). Anyway. There were a couple times when the strong syllables of words did not match the strong beats of the music. To me, those felt awkward.

My take on this is: sometimes it works to do something like that to achieve a particular feel in the song. In these cases, that's great. On the other hand, I believe, if it's done just because the songwriter is determined to use a certain phrase no matter what, and it won't fit any other way, then it isn't such a good idea.

In this song there were only a couple of them and maybe you did put them in to achieve your purpose, in which case, just ignore me. In fact, if this detail isn't important to you, ignore me anyway. Write me off as a picky old lady; I don't mind.  ;D

Overall, it's an awesome song and I love listening to it!

Vicki

retrononomusic

• Solo Gig
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2016, 04:20:50 PM »
Finally have a chance to listen to this one. I've been wanting to because of all the glowing comments, and I have to say I pretty much agree with them all. I like the instrumentation choices and the production is awesome. The melody and words are good, as is the performance.

If you've read many of my reviews, you may have picked up on the idea that I'm picky about prosody (that might make a good song title..."Picky about Prosody"...hmmm). Anyway. There were a couple times when the strong syllables of words did not match the strong beats of the music. To me, those felt awkward.

My take on this is: sometimes it works to do something like that to achieve a particular feel in the song. In these cases, that's great. On the other hand, I believe, if it's done just because the songwriter is determined to use a certain phrase no matter what, and it won't fit any other way, then it isn't such a good idea.

In this song there were only a couple of them and maybe you did put them in to achieve your purpose, in which case, just ignore me. In fact, if this detail isn't important to you, ignore me anyway. Write me off as a picky old lady; I don't mind.  ;D

Overall, it's an awesome song and I love listening to it!

Vicki

Hello, thanks for commenting !

Could you tell me more about prosody, I'm interested.

How can I make this sound better ?

Thanks in advance.  :)

Nono.

TimCurtis

• Open Mic
  • Zendium Moon Logo
    • Zendium Moon on Soundcloud
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2016, 09:54:39 PM »
Must admit, I was a bit worried to read it was a ballad(really don't like ballads). But on playing I found my fears are unfounded. Nice piano and strings which really fit with your vocals. Great melody and structure. Can't really fault this. :)

jamesh

• Open Mic
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2016, 11:14:59 AM »
Great catchy song with lovely melodies. Theres something very Beatles about it, or even Noel Gallagher at his falsetto best.

Im not so sure about the recorder or the horns stabs, but then that's part of of what gives the song its identity. Just my taste...

Thanks

James