IN THE NAME OF GOD! © ~ REMIX~does it sound any better ~

• 47 Replies

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2015, 05:22:11 PM »
Hi Suzy,

Intelligent, clever and right. A lot of great wordplay, rhyming schemes and lovely juxtapositions lyrically. Reminded me of the lyrically density and wisdom of Joni Mitchell but with a slapped bass!

There is a lot going on - a maelstrom of ideas blowing through the track - but it works on it's own terms. It certainly doesn't need a guitar solo.

If only everyone in the world could have your perspective on religion, it could be a garden of Eden instead of a sewer of hate.

Brilliant track. Loved it.

M

benjo

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2015, 07:03:15 PM »

WOOOOOOOW SUZY

very impressive write for such a topic
 you really have put a lot of work into this lyric
 a big write by any standards but worked so well

MASSIVE THANKS FOR POSTING THE LYRIC LOVED THE READ AS MUCH AS THE SONG

well done suzy   BLEES YOU CHILD

Mystic Dreamer

• Open Mic
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2015, 07:40:20 PM »
Thank you very much Suzy for posting the lyrics.  I enjoyed the piece even better having the lyrics to read.

Now, may I ask if I can post your lyrics and a link to your SoundCloud page on a "Secular/Theism Debate Forum"?

I'm sure they would LOVE this.  ;D

They actually have a "Music" subforum and this would fit right in to their theme of things.

Mark Ryan

• Solo Gig
  • Banned user
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2015, 08:36:29 PM »
Hi Suzy,
Bravo. Lyrically very good, very well produced, I like this kind of thing. Personally I would have liked to have heard some really big live drums. I know this drum sound is very modern but a big live kit is just my own personal preference. Other than that nothing to critique. And I noticed the wee tip of your hat to our old friend Mr. Waters in there too ;)
Very well done, I'd just have liked a bigger production if that makes sense, because it's got all the right ingredients, but like I said that's just personal preference.
Mark

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2015, 11:35:35 PM »
Great stuff..you should never be afraid to speak out, religion has a lot to answer for..
a great track, very well produced and arranged..must've taken a while to do this..

much respect..Kevin :)

thanks for listening and taking the time to comment Kevin :) I'm glad you agree and yes this
track has taken a lot of time and is still on the burner ::) ::)

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2015, 11:40:04 PM »
CS, love the flea bass line it has a real drive with the drums. Had to concentrate all the way through :-)
Really intelligent, cleaver lyrics and rhymes and smart use of sound clips too.
If you're not finished I'd just make sure you don't obscure the audibility of the lyrics.
Dig the Pink Floydisms ending too.
And hate to say this but agree no additional guitar solo is needed...
Like the Chillies meets Tom Tom Club meets Crystal Suzy ;D
Fantastic had to listen again.
 :) :)
Neil  

Thanks so much for your review Neil :) I know I have a lot of effects on the vocals, so you're right,
I must try to keep them clear ::) Glad you dig the PF ending...wasn't too sure if I should do that or not :-\
I'm still working on this...adding/subtracting bits here and there, so will post the new version asap :)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 11:42:20 PM by crystalsuzy »

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2015, 11:46:11 PM »
Yeah! Time to take an inventory!!
Nice one CS!
Thanks for listening Paul :) Problem is, we need the religious groups to take the inventory, which I'm sure some have done, but not the ones that really need to :) :)

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2015, 11:49:17 PM »
Hi Suzy, loved the bass and drums! reminded me of a hybrid of tom tom club and Frankie goes to Hollywood  ???.Like the idea of challenging the current politically correct attitude to religious beliefs which are becoming more and more political in their attitude and less and less tolerant of other beliefs.
Great idea!
Cheers
Jamie
Thanks Jamie :) I think music can be a very powerful weapon in the war against this kind of thing,
but getting it out there is a whole different ball-game :)

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2015, 11:57:54 PM »
Hi Suzy,

Intelligent, clever and right. A lot of great wordplay, rhyming schemes and lovely juxtapositions lyrically. Reminded me of the lyrically density and wisdom of Joni Mitchell but with a slapped bass!

There is a lot going on - a maelstrom of ideas blowing through the track - but it works on it's own terms. It certainly doesn't need a guitar solo.

If only everyone in the world could have your perspective on religion, it could be a garden of Eden instead of a sewer of hate.

Brilliant track. Loved it.

M
Thanks very much Alan for your very supportive words :) "Joni Mitchell"...Wow! that's a real
compliment...I love her stuff :)
I pray for the awakening of humanity, so that we will all see the ridiculousness of some of our beliefs :o :o

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2015, 12:03:33 AM »
Thank you very much Suzy for posting the lyrics.  I enjoyed the piece even better having the lyrics to read.

Now, may I ask if I can post your lyrics and a link to your SoundCloud page on a "Secular/Theism Debate Forum"?

I'm sure they would LOVE this.  ;D

They actually have a "Music" subforum and this would fit right in to their theme of things.
Thanks again MD :) Certainly, but give me a few days, because I'm reworking some of this song ::) There are some lyrics that I didn't have in this 1st version that I think I'd like to add, but still trying to figure out how, and if I should take something else out ::)

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2015, 12:08:29 AM »
Hi Suzy,
Bravo. Lyrically very good, very well produced, I like this kind of thing. Personally I would have liked to have heard some really big live drums. I know this drum sound is very modern but a big live kit is just my own personal preference. Other than that nothing to critique. And I noticed the wee tip of your hat to our old friend Mr. Waters in there too ;)
Very well done, I'd just have liked a bigger production if that makes sense, because it's got all the right ingredients, but like I said that's just personal preference.
Mark
Thanks so much Mark :) I'm glad you liked this...means a lot coming from you :) I wish I had some live drums at my disposal :o
I'd love to do a bigger production of this, but I'm just not skilled enough ::)
If you're ever bored and want a challenge, let me know :) :)

Mystic Dreamer

• Open Mic
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2015, 12:44:41 AM »
Thanks again MD :) Certainly, but give me a few days, because I'm reworking some of this song ::)

I await the edited version with bated breath.

There are some lyrics that I didn't have in this 1st version that I think I'd like to add, but still trying to figure out how, and if I should take something else out ::)

No, no, no!  Don't take anything out, it's perfect so far.  ;)

If you're going to add more just make it longer.  ;D

I would love to see a guitar solo thrown in too somewhere, not that it's 'needed' but it would just be cool.  I personally have no problem with long pieces so I wouldn't think about it being too long.  It's interesting enough that it will easily keep attention to the very end.

I can't speak much to the music part.  I like the music and background vocal effects you are using.  As far as mix is concerned I'm sure that could be improved.  This song deserves to be done up professionally and distributed throughout the world.

I would personally like to see the vocals a bit more crisp and out front to where it's really easy to hear what's being said.  I think it's a message that needs to be heard.

It would be great if some well-known professional group or singer would grab onto this and take it to the stars.  It really needs to be played worldwide for a while.

I think you really did a great job with this.  It says what needs to be said without sounding the least bit offensive.  At least, that's my assessment.  ;D

I humbly bow to your awesome music composition and lyrical skills.

retrononomusic

• Solo Gig
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2015, 08:14:16 PM »
How surprising you are, great ball of fire!  ;D

I don't think of it as a song, I don't know what it is...
It keeps the ear stuck, waiting for the next line.

I don't know if I could say something to help, it just fits.

Damn you're creative.

Nono.

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2015, 06:48:05 AM »
Thanks again MD :) Certainly, but give me a few days, because I'm reworking some of this song ::)

I await the edited version with bated breath.

There are some lyrics that I didn't have in this 1st version that I think I'd like to add, but still trying to figure out how, and if I should take something else out ::)

No, no, no!  Don't take anything out, it's perfect so far.  ;)

If you're going to add more just make it longer.  ;D

I would love to see a guitar solo thrown in too somewhere, not that it's 'needed' but it would just be cool.  I personally have no problem with long pieces so I wouldn't think about it being too long.  It's interesting enough that it will easily keep attention to the very end.

I can't speak much to the music part.  I like the music and background vocal effects you are using.  As far as mix is concerned I'm sure that could be improved.  This song deserves to be done up professionally and distributed throughout the world.

I would personally like to see the vocals a bit more crisp and out front to where it's really easy to hear what's being said.  I think it's a message that needs to be heard.

It would be great if some well-known professional group or singer would grab onto this and take it to the stars.  It really needs to be played worldwide for a while.

I think you really did a great job with this.  It says what needs to be said without sounding the least bit offensive.  At least, that's my assessment.  ;D

I humbly bow to your awesome music composition and lyrical skills.

Where did you get that genie icon  ??? it's fabulous :) Thanks again for your vote of confidence MD :) I wish I could get this done up professionally :o wouldn't that be a hoot ;D but I fear that isn't going to be the case  :( so I guess I'll just keep working on it...I've done a bit of a remix, so will post it asap and someone has offered to add a solo guitar...just to see if it works so we'll see what comes of that  :)
Thanks so much for your interest in this song, and I haven't forgotten about your reguest :) :)

Jambrains

• Platinum Album
  • Jim Steinman ftw!
    • Jambrains
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2015, 09:10:52 AM »
Yippee-ki-yay....! This was right up my alley. Love, love, love the lyrics! I once wrote a song touching the same subject but compare to this hurricane of anger and frustration it was just a mild breeze! Extremely powerful and well written.
The electronica-ish arrangement and production works very well for this and I absolutely love all the things going on with the backing vocals, especially the opera-ish parts. My only concern would be the slap bass (to me, if you want to hit your instrument, be a drummer and leave the poor bass alone) but that just probably just my very personal aversion towards that particular playing technique so you should probably just ignore this since it surely drives the track forward very effectively.
Btw, I thing you could turn up that bass in the intro (that also comes back midways somewhere) way up loud :-)
For some reason this song reminds me of an old Hawkwind song that I no longer remember the name of. :-(
As I said the current version works very well, but I can also imaging a heavier and more aggressive version, maybe a little in the vein of Killing in the name by Rage Against Machine (but even heavier with more guitars).
By far the best I'v heard from you (yet!)
5 out of 5 Jambrains from the Swedish jury!

/Johan