Should I Write a Book???

• 4 Replies

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« on: May 07, 2024, 03:56:42 PM »
To those of you who remember me (I see a lot of new names in the posts). Well, I've been busy, shall we say? I haven't been here since sometime in March. There were four pages of unread posts! I couldn't manage it. I cleared them and will have to start from scratch. And why have I not been here? Oh, man! Here's a summary.

I was scheduled for a reconstruction revision on March 22 (I had breast cancer followed by a bilateral mastectomy and reconstruction back in 2014). The procedure went perfectly with great results. Then on April 8, I tripped over something I should NEVER have left lying on the floor and was told so by two people, one of whom had also tripped on it previously, so I have no excuse!!... I hit the floor hard, broke my left shoulder (I am left-handed) and ripped out all the stitches on my left side. I've been in and out of the emergency room and had a few visits to the plastic surgeon. I am mending but it is slow. I can't play guitar. I've had to write, eat, and type with my right hand. Grueling! And the implant on the left side had to come out, so I am now lopsided.

I have to wear a sling for a minimum of two more weeks, but I've been able to start using my left hand the past few days. Eating, writing, and typing. Most of the time.

My wedding was great. Other than my having to wear a sling, that is.

I was going to write a song a week this year. That lasted 11 weeks. After my accident, I slept a lot. I have more energy now but haven't started writing again yet.

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2024, 04:45:12 PM »
Hi Vicki @CaliaMoko   :)

There’s never a dull moment where you are…what a story you’ve cooked up over the years!

Really happy to hear that the wedding went well…despite the sling…you all look so happy ❤️

Congratulations!

And Yes! A book would be quite something.

Paul x

« Last Edit: May 07, 2024, 05:31:36 PM by PaulAds »
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2024, 08:51:39 PM »
Blimey Vicki @CaliaMoko What an up and down few months you have had. Hopefully you’ll be back on an even keel real soon. Congratulations on the nuptials and always good to hear from you 😀

Nick Ryder

• Solo Gig
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2024, 08:51:54 AM »
Blimey moses. Your life sounds like a Laurel and Hardy sketch :)

Congratulations on you wedding and all the best for a happy future!!

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2024, 05:43:22 PM »
I love you guys! @PaulAds @pompeyjazz @Nick Ryder

Some things are improving. My arm is making progress. I'm still in the sling, but I can play guitar again now. Even in that short time, my calluses are somewhat diminished, so I felt it in my fingertips after about half an hour, maybe less.

I didn't mention a more long-term problem I'm having--my left hip is having problems. The hip itself is fine, but the sciatic nerve running through it is being pinched so most moving around is quite painful.

I'm going to physical therapy for both my arm and my hip. My arm is responding well, my hip not so much...but some. I shouldn't complain. Lots of people have it worse than I do.

Anyway, I need to get back to music. I am singing in a 120+ voice choir for a Bahá'í Choral Festival in Wilmette (north of Chicago) at the end of May and I haven't learned the music at all yet. We aren't allowed to use music, so that will be interesting. I better get back to reviewing my part.

Which reminds me that I will be singing in a ~400-voice choir in Carnegie Hall at the beginning of December (the 2nd, I think). Handel's Messiah. The Christmas section, I presume. I don't have the music yet.