A couple of music-related side-projects

• 5 Replies

Bankie

• Solo Gig
« on: February 12, 2023, 11:42:42 PM »
I often get distracted by side-projects - stuff that takes just a few hours to complete, and thought these would be of interest here. You've probably heard others' Grace Kelly a capellos - I did one today, and even with my voice, it really didn't turn out too badly. Anyone else think of doing this or something similar?

The second video is a drone video of a loch just a 5 minute drive away from where I live. It was only my second outing with the drone, so am still learning, but of course, it needed music, and it wasn't like I was going to use stock music, so I wrote a tune specifically for it.

This is all just for fun and not to be taken seriously - hope you find them enjoyable.

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2023, 10:09:18 AM »
That acapella thing is awesome man...
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

Kafla

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2023, 10:17:09 AM »
Loving these @Bankie ...what did you use for the multiple Bankie video ?

The harmonies are tight and it really showcases your voice.

I also love the drone footage and song ....which could easily be developed into a cracking piece as well!

Andy

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2023, 11:14:29 AM »
Love the harmony work Bankie and the drone music is very cinematic indeed,a sweet Celtic flavour.

Bankie

• Solo Gig
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2023, 04:09:54 PM »
@kafla It was done with Hitfilm Pro, which I bought through Humble Bundle a while ago. Unfortunately, like many other companies, they've moved to a subscription service. There's a free version though (Hitfilm Express) which can do all the basics, and has enough features to do everything but the most advanced stuff.