konalavadome

Pompeyjazz and CaliaMoko on Radio Today

• 4 Replies

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« on: December 31, 2021, 03:56:26 AM »
Hey, guess what! Pompeyjazz and I recorded a New Year's song last year...? Or sometime before now, anyway. And a local (to me) Minnesota radio station played it today. Our song was first on the program. It's a one-hour program called Minnesota HomeBrew that airs every Thursday at 6pm Central Time. It always features songwriters with some kind of connection to Minnesota. You can listen, if you like, at https://exchange.prx.org/pieces/399430-mhb-goodbye-2021. Our song was up first, so you don't have to hunt for it.

PS: When I say "today", I mean Thursday, December 30.

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2021, 11:37:42 AM »
Managed to grab a quick listen to this between running around trying to get everything ready for a NYE gig tonight…I’m looking forward to kicking 2021’s miserable ass out of the door and suspect I’ll be playing angrier and even more clumsily than usual tonight.

Lovely song you both cooked up here…brilliant to see it get the recognition it deserves and how very cool to be chosen for the opening number…congratulations!
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2022, 10:32:34 AM »
Great to hear this! You both never miss and it’s quite inspirational to hear.

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2022, 07:32:01 PM »
Wow ! Great to hear this again Vicki. I think this was probably a couple of years ago. Thumbs up to the radio station for playing it

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2022, 11:51:43 PM »
Yes, this is from two years ago! And it was played on the radio back then, too. I had forgotten, but I have a record and there it is--on the list on December 19, 2019.

Thanks for listening! And @PaulAds I hope your gig went great and you didn't give yourself a heart attack or stroke!  :P