Walking Through A Minefield © new revised version, taking your suggestions

• 25 Replies

man of simple pleasures

• Platinum Album
  • power to the people
    • soundcloud
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2013, 06:29:05 PM »
the ahh's sound mega on it! kinda cool very groovy sixties vibe going on! i dig it!
fly away and find my peace of mind...

https://soundcloud.com/man-of-simple-pleasures/tracks

Dutchbeat

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2013, 06:36:23 PM »
cool track, Suzy

you make some original music!!!

great things going on, super harmonies!

habiTat

• Stadium Tour
    • habiTat songs
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2013, 11:02:54 AM »
Hey CS,

I agree with Boydie, a single vocal would be better IMO. Aside from that it works well, I like the guitar solo.

Good work.

hab..

calmlondon

• Busker
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2013, 10:39:50 PM »
Hi CS,

I'm a big fan of your stuff by the way. I see in my earlier comment, that I said the intro didn't work for me.  It's only my opinion - but I think the song takes off from 'what's going on, it shouldn't be like this'. I'd almost cut the 'I was walking through a minefield' line and let the guitar roll in as is, and then come in on the 'what's going on?.

I do like your stuff, your voice and sensibility.  One of your other tracks 'Me and You' is just sublime. All your stuff is class. I get it.

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2013, 07:19:18 AM »
Hi CS,

I'm a big fan of your stuff by the way. I see in my earlier comment, that I said the intro didn't work for me.  It's only my opinion - but I think the song takes off from 'what's going on, it shouldn't be like this'. I'd almost cut the 'I was walking through a minefield' line and let the guitar roll in as is, and then come in on the 'what's going on?.

I do like your stuff, your voice and sensibility.  One of your other tracks 'Me and You' is just sublime. All your stuff is class. I get it.

Thanks calmlondon...I love your stuff as well...you are an amazing song writer...check out the revised version of this song and let me know what you think...thanks

ShinyThang

• Platinum Album
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2013, 08:36:50 PM »
This track bops along nicely and it has some good guitar parts to keep interest high. And I particularly like the drums which drive it along very well. The Aaahs work well. I always find it hard to use the vocal to do anything other than just churn out the words but you are very creative with it. I like the 'walking through a minefield' and later the 'No more minefields' lines popping up from behind the main vocal. Overall, structurally it's a good mix of vocal and guitar parts. I think the intro just about held my interest until the song really got going. Personally I'd be trying to knock at least 10 seconds off of that. The recording itself is a good demo which gets the idea across.

I would have liked to have seen the lyric ... or did I miss that? maybe you posted it first time around? Anyway It seemed very good with no dodgy lines or rhymes that I could spot.
They're, there, their  ...  They're all different!

www.soundcloud.com/geoffjamesevans

calmlondon

• Busker
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2013, 08:49:16 PM »
Hey CS,

I checked out your revised version.

https://soundcloud.com/crystalsuzy/walking-through-a-minefield-2

You did good. It's good to hear you solo more on this version - it makes the dual vocals really effective when they feature.  As I said before, you have a songwriting skill that enables you deliver your subject matter in a way that happens to be very now.  You know, there is a big market for a) your sound and b) your message. From your photo - you seem to have the right sort of image to do well with this kind of music.

I'm still not sure about the intro as it stands. For me, it would work better shorter - without the semi-speaking vocal.  
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 08:53:35 PM by calmlondon »

Pez

• Open Mic
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2013, 09:38:44 PM »
Hey crystal Suzy, love the intro. What mic you using? Sounds a little muddy on my speakers, I like the female vocal though. And works well with the male. Tunes shifting along now and sounding pretty ace around 3mins. Good stuff. Do u listen to the XX ?

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2013, 11:43:51 PM »
Hey CS,

I checked out your revised version.

https://soundcloud.com/crystalsuzy/walking-through-a-minefield-2

You did good. It's good to hear you solo more on this version - it makes the dual vocals really effective when they feature.  As I said before, you have a songwriting skill that enables you deliver your subject matter in a way that happens to be very now.  You know, there is a big market for a) your sound and b) your message. From your photo - you seem to have the right sort of image to do well with this kind of music.

I'm still not sure about the intro as it stands. For me, it would work better shorter - without the semi-speaking vocal.  

thanks again calmlondon...no a didn't know there was a market for this type of music or message, although that's one of the main reason's I write songs...it's all about the message for me, but have know idea how to get it out there ???  do you?

Not sure what to do about the intro...it sets the song up, so I can't really just loose it...maybe I could sing it a little faster, kinda like the verses...what do you think?

man of simple pleasures

• Platinum Album
  • power to the people
    • soundcloud
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2013, 08:38:19 PM »
mega! sixties funkadelic! sounds much better with your vocal and then the geezer popping in and out!

man of simple pleasures

• Platinum Album
  • power to the people
    • soundcloud
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2013, 08:51:51 PM »
saying that had another listen to your original and that sounds pretty cool aswell with both of you's singing and the intro vocal i reckon is better from you on the original!