konalavadome

A kiss Before The Winter

• 11 Replies

Wicked Deeds

« on: November 27, 2017, 12:01:31 PM »
My album “A Kiss Before The Winter’  will soon be released. The inspiration for the title came from this song though it is not included on the CD.  I produced this last night and it is finished except for perhaps a lift on the last chorus.  Hopefully, I’ve done a decent job on the songwriting part.  I think it is a slow burner and  It is  very much an acoustic song.  I thought perhaps I would include a guitar vocal on the album right at the end but never got around to the recording.  When I did, it became a full production.  I’m looking forward to sharing a link to the album once it has been released.  Thanks for listening.  Thanks to tone for encouraging me to finally get around to making the album.

I’m going to jump in with reviews today.

https://soundcloud.com/wicked-deeds/a-kiss-before-the-winter

A Kiss Before The Winter

I drove a lonely mile;
rolling fields of green.
I left her love behind
with  the things we'd done
and the sights we'd seen.

I travelled east to west,    
then in reverse again.
I stood alone once more
'neath the charcoal skies
in the pouring rain

October takes me in her arms.
A kiss before the winter.
October skies have come to take me home.

Where faces stare and smile,
where hands reach out to heal.
Where children know the way,
where parents fail
to close the deal

I awake in the night,
remember the joy.
My first born boy knows of pain.

Written by Paul Vasey

https://soundcloud.com/wicked-deeds/a-kiss-before-the-winter
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 04:10:27 PM by Wicked Deeds »

irwin

• Solo Gig
    • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCoYFKSWTAI&list=PLWHZTIkxOCWkm6lSQEDem0DQqTMSAoLVe
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2017, 02:46:01 PM »
I am always in love with this style of singing. I think the lyric need looking in to just a few line there are not having the rhymes. But I enjoy listening to the song.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 03:42:27 PM by irwin »
Need your music on iTunes, Spotify, Amazon, etc? Click DistroKid Link Below and Save 7%:
https://distrokid.com/vip/seven/2528627

https://open.spotify.com/artist/7nwjMIqpi8461amydZmWUC

Three Key Audio

• Busker
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2017, 07:22:57 PM »
Hey dude Sean here.. I really like it!

I love the live feel you having going on, and the musicianship is great, timing is often a huge problem even tiny fluctuations, but you have this element down!

The only thing i would say is that the Vocals could be brought out a bit in the mix[seperate the instruments], perhaps use some kind of aural exciters to really bring out the high end of the vocal mix?

Your voice is beautiful though very emotive and genuine ;)

pacho

• Busker
  • Just write and sing!
    • Pacho Music Blog
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2017, 09:20:45 PM »
Hi guyy.
Its not my style and the voice volume and everb is little big i think . And text little times ont fit to music.. But yeaaa. You know

jamesh

• Open Mic
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2017, 09:48:42 PM »
Hi

A nice relaxed vibe to this song. Its well structured. The sad lyrics suit the melody really well. And your voice really hammers it home. The melody has got an almost James Bond feel to it.

From a mix point of view, I thought the vocals were a bit loud relative to guitar and bass. Also, I thought a bit of delay on the high notes would sound quite nice, for example on "Lonely Mile"

Also, some nice strings in the chorus might lift it a bit. Just my take on things however. Lovely guitar work throughout!

Enjoyed this one

James

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2017, 10:24:23 PM »
Hi Paul,  firstly congratulations on getting your album together I'm really looking forward to listening to it. Have you got physical format or just digital stuff on Bandcamp etc...

This is a lovely mellow vibe with some lovely chord changes and your excellent vocals as ever which are maybe ever so slightly not right in the mix. Anyway that's me nit picking cos it's an excellent song. Keep us posted about the album  :)

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2017, 10:34:19 PM »
Hey Pompey,

The album release will be both CD format and digital.  I've made contact with the CD duplication company and tone has very kindly taken care of the artwork.

I've got two long shifts to tackle at work and then I'm going to upload the WAV files associated with the order.  

I struggled  with the mix on this one.  Since I have moved in with my fiancé, my days of producing music have to be done with headphones as I no longer have a purpose made studio room.  This will all change over the next year as I'm converting and soundproofing the garage. Do you think a vocal rider might help in the meantime?

Paul

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2017, 10:57:33 PM »
Hi Paul, I'm a headphones mixing Man myself due to circumstances but would love to do a remix of your song just as an alternative version really.  Let me know if you're interested   :)

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2017, 09:31:51 AM »
Lovely feel to this one, Paul...

Your trademark vocals are as good as ever. The verses in particular are an absolute treasure...the whole thing sounds extremely well done. Super lyrics seem to tell a wistful yet optimistic tale. A very good read on their own.

I think the album will be a fantastic listen.

Put my name down on the waiting list  :)
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2017, 12:39:35 PM »
Lovely song..best thing to do with the vocal is automate the volume...just turn it up or down where needed via your fader..vocal rider does a good job but still a bit of tweaking to do though...
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

PopTodd

• Platinum Album
    • Hop On Pop on Facebook
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2017, 01:05:47 PM »
First off, nice tune. Lovely melody.

I have to echo what some other folks are saying here about the vocal volume; your vocal is sitting above the mix, not in it. Gives it an unfinished, demo-like quality that, judging by the lushness of the melody, is not something that you really want.

The mix, in general, sounds a little... unfinished. Each track sounds like it was recorded separately, and not like it was a band, playing together in the same room. I am not an engineer, so I don't know that I can give you much feedback on how to fix that, but I'm sure that there are other folks here who could. And I am equally sure that it can be done.

Again: a really nice tune. The recording just isn't quite not quite done yet, IMO.

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2017, 09:23:52 PM »
Bloody hell, last time I mix on headphones.  It sounds awful.  I'm closing the thread and will post again when I've sorted this out.

Paul