Destination - Finished work studio recorded demo.

• 6 Replies

Kap Freebird

• Busker
« on: October 08, 2013, 03:01:37 PM »
Hey, My name is Kap Freebird, I'm a guitarist singer songwriter from the UK. This is a song I wrote while at sea in the Merchant Marine.

https://soundcloud.com/karma-of-kamasutra/destination

Lyrics: -

Make merry when you can my friend
Down a bottle and take a pen
Script a scene from the movie playing in your head
Find the covenant of comfort in the arms of Mary Magdelene
Just another flavour or sexy psychosomatic love

The universe kicked me where it hurts
Now she is ovulating
Somewhere inside the science of silence is my standing ovation

Stuck inside colour blind karma of the constellations
Don't know why blow a kiss to the sky and dance to a new vibration
So sublime the state of my medicated meditation
There's no rewind we're flying blind to our destiny's…

Destination
Oblivion

The problem with the devil is he only ever grants half a wish
Now you're sitting with no soul in your sunday best
This napalm on her lips burns with every kiss
Now she's walking away from you with all your bliss

The universe kicked me where it hurts
Now she is ovulating
Somewhere inside the science of silence is your standing ovation

Stuck inside colour blind karma of the constellations
Don't know why blow a kiss to the sky and dance to a new vibration
So sublime the state of my medicated meditation
There's no rewind we're flying blind to our destiny's…

Destination
Oblivion

Into the Ocean
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 08:18:49 PM by Kap Freebird »

AlexMo

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2013, 06:21:21 PM »
It sounds very professional, and really enjoyable to listen to. I have a few comments but don't take them too harshly because really this is possibly the closest thing to a song I could hear on the radio that I've heard in this forum yet.

My concern is that lots of the words and terms are overly complicated, it sounds like something you might write but not say. It's difficult to follow where it's going on during the first listening with the lyrics in front of me, and without the lyrics I imagine it would be pretty impossible. The way you pronounce words doesn't help much either, it sounds cool but makes the lyrics more difficult to understand and follow.

For me this combination of things stops me from loving it. It still sounds brilliant, but as a songwriter I'm always interested to hear what a song is about and I find it difficult with this one.

Regardless, it's great, very professional and you have a great voice.

beckylucythomas

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2013, 09:50:53 PM »
Excellent sound, nice funk. It's a bit Chili Peppers. I think the lyrics sound fantastic, but i do think i agree that that work best where they're just slightly less tightly packed in! Top quality though, and really interesting.

Should just point out that the rules say you should only post max 1 new song per fortnight..... You'll find you get a better response if you check the rules..... Just a heads up! Hope you enjoy the forum!! Welcome!

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2013, 02:28:51 AM »
Hi and welcome to the forum.
What a great first post!
Loved the vocals and guitar work - sweet.
My personal preference would be more drums and layers (maybe harmonies?) as the song progresses. I think a nice snare and bass drum would have rounded things out but that's just nit-picking.
If you want to keep it bare then I would suggest shorten it a bit.
Good job!
Paul

S.T.C

• Stadium Tour
  • American Cars........out now
    • http://oldsongsnew.com/
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2013, 07:54:40 AM »
Yes HCP`s are running through this,,but still a very credible song in it`s own right,,,great sound and vocals...impressed mate.

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2013, 07:46:01 PM »
Hi Kap,
           Nice vocals, guitar playing is good. A nice strong drum track would drive the song a bit more IMHO. Very HCP, unfortunately they are not my thing, but a good post! Nice first post. ;D

Cheers
Jamie

Kap Freebird

• Busker
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2013, 04:12:44 AM »
Thanks for the feedback yo.  RHCP are a big influence, funk rock in general needs to come back really.  Yeah, the lyrics are perhaps somewhat complicated and diverse, in contrast to the minimalist timbre, but thats kind of where the art is at, I can't stand the same cliché, hack lines that seem to pass as acceptable these days.  Not to sound argumentative or un heeding of advice but if someone cannot understand some of my lyrics due to their complexity rather than my delivery (and to be frank i know most people don't read much anymore but the fact is that i fit everything into a tight rhyming or half rhyming structure meaning that unless I'm actually a genius the sophistication of the verse involved is pretty limited) then they are idiots and I don't really want them to be listening to my music.  They can keep One Direction, Justin Beiber and/or Taylor Swift.
As for the pronunciation, it's just a stylistic choice like Kurt Cobain or Keidis. 

Peace.