• Platinum Album
    • Soundcloud Real KevM 2
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2018, 05:25:38 PM »
Cheers guys :) Here's the original if you want to check it out

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2018, 08:10:55 PM »
Fab opening line! @cowparsleyman I really like what you've done with this. Harmonies in the chorus are lovely.. instrumentation is great.. nice folky feel to it - organ really works when you bring it in. Nice one!

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2018, 05:45:43 AM »
Hi there - I confess I listened a few times and did t know what to make of it!

I knew I liked the vibe - vocal reminding me a little of Sufjan Stevens, the organ a great choice (cellos would be toooooo much!).

I think the first line is key and now makes all the difference to me - I heard “I’m coming up for air”. Which also kind of made sense but is nowhere as good as the real line. It may be a phrasing or a mixing thing (or my ears) but thought you should know!

‘Tis an excellent song and collaboration!

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2018, 07:39:16 PM »
Some neat touches here.
Sound authentic like Kev's singing to me personally which I like.
stripped nature suits it and it builds a bit like a Verve songs do.
I particularly enjoyed the outro with the organ.
 :)
neil
songwriter of no repute..

Cawproductions

• Platinum Album
  • Producer, Engineer & Songwriter
    • AtticVibes Music Library
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2018, 07:46:03 PM »
Hi Cpm.

Nice cover of Kev's Track. Really nice vibe you have added,

A few timing issues were troubling me but hey they are easy fixes,

Sounding very nice here.

Well done CPM and Kev

RealKevM

• Platinum Album
    • Soundcloud Real KevM 2
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2018, 05:57:44 PM »
Cheers guys :)

Mikey

• Solo Gig
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2018, 07:09:28 PM »
Yo @cowparsleyman and @RealKevM , nice rework of Kev's song, a few minor timing glitches as stated earlier, and I would have liked the chorus to have a bit more energy, but all in all a nice track.

Cheers, Mikey

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2018, 10:42:27 PM »
Lovely song...I thought there was a great sense of depth to the mix...that's what stuck out to me...in a very positive way.

The vocal sounds really nice on this...and the spoken bit sounded great too...don't beat yourself up over your voice...nowt wrong with it at all!

An excellent bit of writing, recording and production...way to go, dudes  :D
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2018, 05:47:17 PM »
Thanks so much to all of you that took the time to listen and comment.

Thanks too to @RealKevM for posting the original, It helps put context to the whole collab.

The truth is that I wanted to get this one posted before I went on my hols, now I'm back I can study all of the comments and plan a remix, I've also had time to let it sink in as this was my ear worm on my holiday!

To give you an idea of what I'll do...

Get rid of any sloppyness/timing issues.
Acoustic guitar needs more clarity, I've grown my RH nails in prep for the 2nd take...You'll hear the difference, probably use a TG12345 Channel strip too.
Put more feel into the LVox. I had a belter of a cold when I did that take, I was inhaling the whole week on my hols....)
Maybe reduce the number of BVox, ,to make the whole thing more intimate, can't remember if there was too much verb on the BVox...
I'll work on a better drum groove, I know what I want, it's just my drumming is getting a bit rusty... :)
Move the intitial I'm gonna beat this disease a bit deeper into the intro, it's over too soon.
I'm not going to flower up the chorus melodically since I dig the vibe as it is.

I think everything else can stay.

Thanks again, I'll post again when they have been attended to.

Catch you later..

Rich

...specifically
@PaulAds - Thanks - There might be a bit more depth on the next remix...I always do meself in about my voice, I think it sounds so plain, but I get some solace from the fact that Jimi didn't rate his voice...

@Mikey - yeah your'e right, if there's no melodic contrast, there needs to be something different and that's a great idea.

@Cawproductions - Thanks very much, appreciated.

@Neil C - Thanks Neil, glad you like the organ, (inspired by Crowded house 'Better be home soon')

@adamfarr - Cheers Adam, I know what you mean about what to make of it, it's exactly how I felt when I heard it first, but it immediately stirred something special. I think it was Kev's voice, the simple video, the powerful cryptic words, and the almost monotonous melody, it's a pretty difficult thing to carry off.

It's definitely a grower.

@MonnoDB - Thanks for your kind words, you have to thank Kev for the words, what a wordsmith he is...I'm very grateful he let me loose on his work.

Looking forward to working on it again.

Best regards

Rich

@SlavaB - I was right near you on my hols, I was thinking of you.

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2018, 03:41:32 AM »
Really nice song guys.
Very conversational approach to the vox - slightly out of tune a few places - but makes it more real to me.
Love the instrumental and the organ is sublime.
That chord progression is hypnotizing.

Good work you two  ;D
Paul

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2018, 02:21:40 PM »
whato  @Paulski - Thanks for taking the time to listen, it's always so humbling that someone really listens to a song, rather than just give it lip (or ear) service, only then do comments like this come out,

I'll try another LVox take soon Paul.

Yeah I find the chord progression hypnotic, but you don't realise it...I tried a different chorus and boom, the hypnotism goes up in a puff of smoke.

Thanks again

Rich
« Last Edit: December 02, 2018, 06:28:37 PM by cowparsleyman »

RealKevM

• Platinum Album
    • Soundcloud Real KevM 2
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2018, 06:29:38 PM »
@Paulski thank you kindly :)