Incredible Riots (Acoustic Demo)

• 4 Replies

evanjavo

• Open Mic
  • Just passing through.
« on: January 23, 2013, 09:31:23 PM »
Hey, everyone. I know it's been a while. With my work and just having time to sleep and eat, it's been hard to take the time and record anything. I've had this song on my mind recently, and I just had to find some time to record it. I've had the song title and chorus on the back burner for a while now, and just now found the influence to complete it. Enjoy, and let me know what you think.

http://soundcloud.com/revolve4round/incredible-riots-acoustic-demo

Lyrics:
Slow down in a hurry
Don't care if you're worried
Just make sense of all the things I've never said

Rise up from the crowded
Make sure that they doubt it
Let the world sit back and watch you move ahead

But when love can't find you
And there's a fire in the sky
It's enough to send you
Flying through the night

It's the incredible riots, riots
That make your world come crashing down
It's the incredible riots, riots
That make your spirit come crawling out
So can you feel it now?

So can you feel it now?
So can you feel it now?
So can you feel it now?...

* Some things I've gotta mention...
- I guess you can call this the shorter version. In my head, I see it being filled with a solo, maybe two. The last part "So can you feel it now?"... is planned to be that climax point, even going longer than it is here, but for an acoustic version, I wanted to keep it short and sweet.
- And if any of you are video game nerds, the "la la las" are almost a direct mimicking of a particular video game's soundtrack. Here's a hint: It was one of the first N64 games. Hey, atleast I admitted to copying something lol.

garys2811

• Open Mic
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 10:01:43 PM »
Sorry not for me in its current form but I'd like to hear it worked up as you described. I don't think the lyrics work I don't connect with them and they seem like disjointed ideas. No where near as good as "hey ok" yet (which I do like a lot). Keep working at it.
Garys2811

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 11:02:28 AM »
Hi, I think there's a song in this demo. Its quiet cyclical and I think I'd be careful about the length and ensure there's enough daylight between the intro, verse and choruses. Not sure about the lyrics and the connection with the title. I can hear Oasis in there.
Interesting to hear how the worked song sounds.
 :)
Neil
songwriter of no repute..

habiTat

• Stadium Tour
    • habiTat songs
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2013, 02:21:28 PM »
Hi, I'm also getting the Oasis comparison, not only in the delivery but in the style of the lyrics. I think there is good potential to work on this track, It may even be quite cool, once you properly record it, to use the existing recording for the first few bars of the intro, I can imagine that simple, distant strumming starting it off, then the bass, drums etc.. kick in :)

hab..

man of simple pleasures

• Platinum Album
  • power to the people
    • soundcloud
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 05:14:48 PM »
i like this got some good lyrics in there and it kinda grooves along nicely i reckon!
fly away and find my peace of mind...

https://soundcloud.com/man-of-simple-pleasures/tracks