**Forum Under New Management / Ownership**

• 30 Replies

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« on: March 09, 2016, 07:21:49 PM »
Dear all

I would like to formally announce that I am the new owner of the forum!  :o

TONE and I had been talking for some time on ideas to take the forum forward and develop it for the future

Due to a number of factors we agreed that I would purchase the forum, which I did this week

This is really daunting for me as it is a big challenge and a huge learning curve - but one that I am up for taking on

Before talking about the future I would like to publicly thank TONE for starting this forum in the first place and providing a place for me (and many others) to connect with like-minded people

I have made many friends here and continuing the "warm, welcoming and supportive" feel of this forum is at the very top of my agenda and will guide every decision

I would also like to thank TONE for making the transition of the forum completely painless and virtually seamless, both for the users of the forum and for me "behind the scenes"

I have sooooooooo many ideas of things I would like to do with the forum to make it even better

However, I do want to ensure that any changes are carefully planned and discussed to ensure that I maintain the existing feel of the forum, which is second to none in my experience of online forums and communities

I also want to incorporate as many of your ideas as possible to shape the future direction of the forum

To this end the first thing I want to do is a short survey of the members to get a feel as to where to concentrate first

I hope to get this survey out by the weekend

However, if anyone has any specific ideas for improving the forum in both the short, medium and long-term please drop me a PM as I would really appreciate any "brainstorming" whilst I am sorting through the million ideas I have whizzing around my head!!

Once I have the results of the survey, and feedback/discussions via PM with anyone, I intend to publish a "vision" of where I intend to take the forum in the future

The things I can share for now are:

1 - it is REALLY important to me to maintain the friendly and supportive "feel" of the forum so any changes will keep this as the guiding principle

2 - I see no reason why this forum shouldn't be the main (and best) songwriting forum / resource in the world

3 - There is obviously a cost to running a forum, which will increase if major developments/improvements are implemented

HOWEVER, I want to ensure that all existing areas remain available free of charge to all users and I do not want the forum to turn in to an "annoying ad-fest"

I will be investigating opportunities to raise revenue to cover these costs but I want to ensure that this is done in a way where members can choose to take advantage of any extra benefits (I have no idea what these might be yet so will be looking for ideas) OR continue using the forum as it currently is free of charge

This is really exciting for me and I hope that by giving me your ideas and feedback we can turn this forum in to the best place for songwriters on t'internet

I am really looking forward to building on the excellent work TONE has done and working with all of you to continually improve this wonderful place he originally built
To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
  • The People's Democratic Republic of Songwriting
    • Anthony Lane on soundcloud
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2016, 07:28:52 PM »
I'd like to be the first to welcome Boydie as the new forum admin :D

As some of you may know, life's thrown me something of a curveball of late. And while I'd been wondering if I'd taken the forum as far as it could go, I wasn't quite ready to send it out into the world and let someone else take the reins.

But my available time is in shorter supply than ever, so I realised now is the time to pass the baton - and I couldn't pass it on to a better person than Boydie.

As he says, we've been discussing possible developments for the forum for some time now, and I know he has both the time, imagination and tenacity to take this brilliant little forum to the next level.

So, I tip my hat to Boydie, and all of you, and say THANK YOU for an amazing 7 years at the helm. You've all made this place what it is, and I know Boydie will look after everything that's great about our songwriting community.

As for me - I'll still be here. Chatting, singing, hopefully writing and recording again at some point, but just a normal member like the rest of you. I'm jumping into the fray, yo!

The king is dead; long live the king! :D
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 07:40:25 PM by tone »
New EP: Straitjacket - Listen here

1st track from my upcoming album -- Click to listen -- Thanks!

Please read the rules before posting in the feedback forums http://bit.l

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2016, 07:57:25 PM »
I, for one, am very intrigued and curious about future developments. I know these things take money--I have been a member of an online writers' group/forum which has free and premium versions, which made it available to everyone while being able to offer higher levels of functionality to those could and wanted to pay for them.

Congratulations to Boydie, for the new adventure upon which you are embarking; and thank you a million times to Tone for starting and running these forums, which happen to be my favorite of the few song writers' forums I've tried.

Vicki

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2016, 08:11:37 PM »
Holey Moley.  :o

*Skub polishes apple and presents it to Boydie.  :D

I greatly anticipate the future changes in the forum and whilst gratitude is due to Tone for giving birth to this outlet for our collective creations,I'm also glad he'll still be able to contribute without having the weight of administration.

Boydie is a sound chap (ha) and a great choice fo da new boss.

Good luck to us all.  8)

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2016, 11:16:12 PM »
Thank you so much Tone, you've been a rock and lead in such an effective and unassuming manner, long may you keep posting.. And Boydie good luck not that you need it, right behind you.
:-)
Neil
songwriter of no repute..

S.T.C

• Stadium Tour
  • American Cars........out now
    • http://oldsongsnew.com/
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2016, 11:52:21 PM »
I thought about 'acquiring' this site ,or at least an enquiry as to it being available... but then i came to my senses  :D

Still, be interested to see your vision is for the site Boydie.

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2016, 12:07:02 AM »
Full support from me Boydie and massive thanks to Tone for supporting our community over the years

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2016, 02:19:41 PM »
Hey Boydie - big congrats and best of luck with your new challenge!
Massive thanks to Tone - man if you hadn't created this forum next to no-one would be listening to my tunes and I wouldn't have heard all the great music posted here.

What was it Einstein said sth like:

"I've seen further because I've stood on the shoulders of giants".

(raises glass) "Long live this forum!"
(crowd echoes the sentiment with a roar)

Paul

MartiMedia

• Solo Gig
    • MartiMedia
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2016, 02:29:45 PM »
Thanks Tone for your service for such a long time!
And of course congratulations Boydie! I'm sure you'll do fine!
MM
https://soundcloud.com/martimedia/tracks
https://www.facebook.com/MartiMedia

Most recent collab (October 2015): Never Mine To Keep - Jambrains and Martimedia
http://www.songwriterforum.co.uk/song-reviews/never-mine-to-keep-(jambrains-martimedia-collab)/

My 'best' track (Winning track of this board's 'Dreams' 2015 summer competition):
https://soundcloud.com/martimedia/dreams

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2016, 02:37:26 PM »
Big thanks to TONE - legend. The forum couldn't have been passed to a better guardian than Boydie. I'd like to wish him all the best for the future.

M

tboswell

• Platinum Album
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2016, 02:39:46 PM »
Thanks to both of you for making this community possible.

It's truly appreciated  :)

Tom.

delb0y

• Platinum Album
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2016, 03:45:27 PM »
Yep, what the others have said - thanks to both of you for work done, work yet to be done, and everything in between. I may be new, but this has become my go-to forum. It's a great place.

Cheers
Derek
West Country Country Boy

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2016, 04:03:24 PM »
Yes, thanks so much to Tone for everything up to date. And great to know that Boydie is in charge and enthused. Looking forward to the future.

digger72

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2016, 04:15:42 PM »
Hope things sort themselves out, Tone. Must have been a wrench to sell up.
Thanks for what you created.

Digger

nooms

• Global Moderator
  • Stadium Tour
  • songwriter
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2016, 06:27:05 PM »

so i suppose youll be moving out of the mod dormitory now then paul ?
into the big office with the coffee machine and proper biscuits..
ah well

good luck to you mate..
your belief in the forum is obvious and im certain itll be grand
go for it

tone your a diamond, no doubt about it
best wishes to you and yours

i may not believe this tomorrow...

https://soundcloud.com/nooms-1