konalavadome

Fallin rain

• 11 Replies

morgs500

• Busker
« on: April 29, 2012, 07:14:51 PM »

Hi,

This is another one of my song a bit of a departure from Feel my soul . i am going to re work this song
     but i though i post it here .Again i have the same vocalist all mixed in the box . :)

http://snd.sc/HZOzyV

andy5544

• Platinum Album
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2012, 07:59:51 PM »
hi morgs , this is a nice tune  , love the chorus , not so keen on whatever it is making the bump bump noise on the quite verse bits , also when it all kicks off on the chorus i think maybe the vocals could be a bit more up front  , but nice tune and a good singer. :)
I wanted to be a hippy....but my mum wouldn't let me !!

Beware the JudDeRMan when the moon grows FAT !!!!!!!!

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2012, 08:52:19 PM »
This didn't grab me as much as the other track you posted recently

The intro was a bit too much of a "U2" clone for me and some of the melody lines are very familiar indeed, especially the verses - I found myself singing Coldplay's YELLOW along to it  ;D

I absolutely LOVE the drums - a great funky loose feel to them, although they are probably too far forward in the mix I was lapping them up!!

The vocals are great but andy5544 is spot on about them needing to be "in yer face" - especially in the chorus

The chorus is great, which is most important so I would be tempted to re-visit the melody on the verses and tweak the mix a bit

Did I mentioned I loved the drums  :)
To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic

domj

• Open Mic
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012, 11:53:02 AM »
What's that wobble in your voice? Is it autotune or can you actually do that with your voice? I find it slightly annoying. The chorus is a cracker, love it. Found the verse a bit weak, i can't put my finger on why i feel that. Maybe it's how the vocals are in the mix, not loud enough or bright enough?
It has that U2 structure... but they didn't invent it, just overused it.
Enjoyable listening  :)

The Corsair

• Platinum Album
  • I'm the latest model Johnny
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2012, 12:19:02 PM »
The vocals keep getting overpowered by that pseudo-snare in the drums. It then goes on to get overpowered by everything in the chorus.

I think it's alright otherwise, but that's all it is, just alright. It's got a lot of good in it but somehow it fails to trigger any emotion in me. I think it's because this type of song is a tad tried and tested (especially by U2 as some have mentioned) and nothing exceptionally original is going on in this one.

If I'm honest, I think the lyrics need quite an overhaul for it to have an impact, they're generally what make or break a song like this...
Defective Elector

bewarethisboy

• Platinum Album
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2012, 07:19:40 PM »
I really enjoyed this as a song it has lots of strengths. Good melody strong chorus nice voice - as an observation I might prefer the voice it is held a flat note more often - I think it would make the presentation a whole lot smoother. But really enjoyed it. BTB
not really good at anything - but as long as I am breathing I will keep on trying

cheff daniel

• Solo Gig
  • ...?
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2012, 09:24:07 AM »
nice song. i like to hear a stripped down version of this. now its very overwhelming in the chorus. agree about that vibrato kind of thing in the vocal, its very tiresome.

gr.    Dan

nooms

• Global Moderator
  • Stadium Tour
  • songwriter
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2012, 11:28:28 PM »

love the intro and reminds a little trent darby and cant help enjoy the chorus, power of it, anthemic , can see the stadium move drums are really satisfying, great outro

think you could be a bit more creative with the second verse sequence, its a bit weak,
but exciting traxk

i may not believe this tomorrow...

https://soundcloud.com/nooms-1

krish

• Busker
    • Krish Band Page
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2012, 12:00:49 AM »
I really like how this one builds up, all the elements coming to play make for a very exciting mix, though listening through a couple of times makes me think it needs to be thought through a little more carefully in places.

Very much agreeing with andy5544 - was very U2 right at the beginning then a carried on into "Coldplay -yellow". Its unfortunate as clearly the tunes are NOT identical, but have enough of the fundamental notes and phrases to instantly remind you of those bands/tracks.

Solid work on the whole though, it was definitely enjoyable to listen to.

jmacdon

• Solo Gig
  • Give me a lyric and I'll give you a song
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2012, 10:19:22 PM »

cant help enjoy the chorus, power of it, anthemic , can see the stadium move drums are really satisfying, great outro

Anthemic was what I felt too.  This is a weird composition, because it doesn't follow the normal songwriting pattern..  but it works!  I love the build-up from the start through verse 1 to the chorus.   It's a great feel good, anthemic, olympic song.  Reminds me a wee bit of I Got Soul, covered by the Young Soul Rebels.  Great song :-)

Florida Mike

• Open Mic
    • Michael Holmes Singer Songwriter Official Site
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2012, 02:21:43 AM »
This song does nothing for me but I guess could be targeted as a Techno soundtrack thing maybe in a film. I found nothing interesting lyrically and the song seems to be very horizontal, meaning no ups or downs vocally or lyrically. Vocals are on pitch but to me there is no content. I have to admit I am not really as familiar or fan friendly with this genre either so take my comments with a huge grain of salt. As I said the vocals are in tune and I would like to hear the singer with more of a story to tell, more dynamics in the overall track, and more space for her to shine. Keep honing the song and see where it takes you, and of course have fun!

estreet

• Solo Gig
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2012, 05:11:29 PM »
Yeah - mixed feelings here. As the verse played my first thought was Coldplay's Yellow too - and no, I hadn't read the previous reviews at that time... It's too close I'm afraid. I don't like that style of singing at all, so I won't comment on that because I'd be biased, but certainly some of the notes she sings also suggest chord changes that are not there in the verses. However I did think the chorus has a lot of potential and It's nice to hear some energetic drums. I'll be interested to hear your re-working of it, but personally I'd like to hear more tune and less warbling on the vocal front - although I accept that many like this style - so pay no attention if that's what you are happy with.
Youth & enthusiasm are no match for age and treachery.