FEEL MY SOUL

• 13 Replies

morgs500

• Busker
« on: April 26, 2012, 11:21:04 PM »
This is a R&b song i wrote some time ago i recorded everything in the box but found a vocalist to sing on my track and also play piano.all the rest i did all in the box.i am still looking for a piano keyboard player to put some keys on my latest tracks.hope you like

[ftp][/ftphttp://snd.sc/HZOz26     [url][http://snd.sc/HZOz26
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 11:29:28 PM by morgs500 »

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 11:37:32 PM »
I have fixed the link for you:

http://soundcloud.com/morgs500/feel-my-soul-2

There are some great touches in here that sound very "professional" - although they are let down with a few other things

The crazy high hats drove me mad at times

I didn't like the "fade in" at the start - you have missed a chance to create a big impact

There seemed to be a lack of dynamics throughout the song - even though there are definite quieter and louder bits

I particularly liked the string stabs

I really like the vocal delivery - it definitely "warmed up" as the tracked went on

There is a section where the vocalist laughs at 1.11ish - I love this and it really adds character to the track and performance

I like the chorus (except the crazy hi-hats  ;)) and the bridge is a nice contrast

The lead in to the key change is nice although I didn't really like the key change itself (although I can't really put my finger on why)

Overall I really like the track - great job and I would love to hear more
To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic

James Nighthawk

• Stadium Tour
    • www.facebook.com/jamesnighthawk
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, 03:05:46 AM »
Bump to all of Boydies Production points.

I see where you are going with the hi hats in the chorus.

"Lose my breathe" by Destinys Child is the epitome of busy yet working pop-R&B rhythm track, for me at least. But the genius in that track lies in the diverse sounds that occupy the higher spectrum and the carefully crafted veolcities therein. A barrage of hi hats is just odd sounding  ;)

Songwise:

Those four chords. "Where is the Love" started up in my head. When you go for well trodden chords you need a meoldy that slaps you round the face so hard you forget that you have heard the background sequence 1000times before. On first listen this didn't have that for me. It is good, but not great

Vocals are ace, ideas are there

The vocals are either badly compressed or recorded too hot. They are squaring off, especially once the track gets big.
Also careful with the full left then full right at the end... too harsh for most systems, and leaving in the cutpoints is generally bad practise.

Lots of picky points above, but I did enjoy listening and there is real talent here  ;D ;D
www.facebook.com/jamesnighthawk
Twitter @JamesNighthawk

morgs500

• Busker
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2012, 10:39:12 AM »
        Hi James and Boydie

Thank you both for your constructive criticism i am glad you liked my song. The vocals are as mention recorded to hot and they were done in just a couple of takes.i am sorry about the hi hats some times you can miss things in your own mixes when you spend to long on them and it becomes counter productive.For me its all about the melody and finding the right groove .i am working on some new material at the moment and looking for somebody to collaborate with .i posted this in the other part of this forum but no takers.Thank you guys again for your feedback
       :)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 11:12:41 AM by morgs500 »

Dutchbeat

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2012, 02:41:18 PM »
Great vocals, Morgs

and i really enjoyed that chorus. to me only thye drums, the snare sound especially did not fit with the funkyness of the vocals, too dry, too thin sounding perhaps, with these hiatts being very present and nervous at times, i think there is room for improvement in the drum sound

but for the rest: Wow, i say yessss!

domj

• Open Mic
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2012, 10:12:18 AM »
Great chorus, love that gospel change as well leads in beautifully. I didn't get the annoying high hat thing but the fade in is a bit of a no no to me as well for a song at this pace.
The vocals are great but come off a bit thin in the mix?

Great song that's cleverly constructed though  8)

The Corsair

• Platinum Album
  • I'm the latest model Johnny
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2012, 10:46:48 AM »
What Boydie said. You definitely got an ideal vocalist too, it really worked wonderfully in that respect.

Mind adding the lyrics here btw?
Defective Elector

mihkay

• Platinum Album
  • Tune first....Lyrics long, long way second.
    • Mihkay Demos
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2012, 11:08:53 AM »
Can't really add anything that hasn't already been said production wise.  ;)

But in a style that can be taken over the top I really liked the quite retrained yet powerful vocal performance.  :)
I have no authority or standing here, only opinions. :-)

postmn

• Solo Gig
  • I am not done listening to myself
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2012, 06:35:30 PM »

Great song, amazing vocals, keep em comin :D

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2012, 12:08:46 AM »
great song & tremendous vocal ....dont know about the hi hat it was the snare that gave me gyp....definately worth rerecording/remixing!
Tell me Im wonderful & I ll be nice to you :)

nooms

• Global Moderator
  • Stadium Tour
  • songwriter
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2012, 01:10:24 AM »

hi morgs
loved this, great vocals
nice changes, kept my attention, slowly builds into something tremendous, great arrangment,
i turned it right up
excellent
i may not believe this tomorrow...

https://soundcloud.com/nooms-1

cheff daniel

• Solo Gig
  • ...?
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2012, 11:48:55 AM »
warm and soulful. beautifull song. almost a gospel feel, very nice.

gr.   Dan

S.T.C

• Stadium Tour
  • American Cars........out now
    • http://oldsongsnew.com/
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2012, 11:58:31 AM »
A proper song....not my favorite genre..but i happily listened to it , and will later on when i get more time.

flossie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2012, 09:39:46 PM »
This is a very uplifting song, I really enjoyed it  ;D, your vocalist sounds a bit like Desree, terrific, this is an extremely well crafted song.  It obviously needs some work production wise which I hope you will attend to and then sell sell sell!

I could hear this on one of my daughters teen movies or on a rom com at the height of the movie!

I think you should feel very proud of yourself.