Songsthatcry/Flossie Joint effort (not for the comp!!!)

• 25 Replies

domj

• Open Mic
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2012, 09:39:48 AM »
Love the piano, the vocals and the harmonies in this! I agree about the reverb being a bit too heavy, just distances the sound a bit too much for me. Otherwise production sounds great!
Not usually my sort of stuff, in fact i normally hate this kind of ballad but i listened all the way through without wanting to stop it.
Cool collab Songsthatcry & Flossie  8)

The Corsair

• Platinum Album
  • I'm the latest model Johnny
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2012, 10:19:53 AM »
This song is a delicate lady in a lovely silver dress draped lightly across a piano, A suited man is playing it, but he is irrelevant. Nothing matters bu the beautiful lady. She looks to be mourning, lamenting some loss, but she does not act distraught, she simply bleeds her emotion forth from her voice, filling the wide, echoing space. You sit and hear the woman and see her body and you don't have to know what she is saying or why she is there, you simply understand.

I hope that sums it up...

Are you offering to do the video :D

Very poetically reviewed Corsair.

Dammit! Now that you've said that I'm coming up with ideas for a music video for this... I don't even have a camera! Have some mercy on me!
Defective Elector

postmn

• Solo Gig
  • I am not done listening to myself
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2012, 06:47:26 PM »

great song, can relate to the lyrics, keep em comin :D

cheff daniel

• Solo Gig
  • ...?
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2012, 11:02:06 AM »
don't know how, but i've missed this one. a lovely song songsthatcry and flossie. great job on matching the lyrics in. a fine melody and it sounds like a real flossie song to me.

gr.  Dan

flossie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2012, 11:51:15 AM »
Glad we brought out your loveydovey side Dom and Cheff

and somebody owes me a video...

estreet

• Solo Gig
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2012, 11:59:38 AM »
Not my type of music, but there's no getting away from the fact that this has class. Is this your sister again Flossie? She sounds more confident now if it is.
There's no sense of any uncomfortable fitting in of the lyrics and it's a professional job well done with conviction and heart. Nice one.
Youth & enthusiasm are no match for age and treachery.

Songsmith

• Solo Gig
  • If you can feel, you can write!!
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2012, 06:33:05 PM »
Definitely NOT my kinda stuff, never in a thousand years!!! But I give my credit & great respect to you guys for this as it a job really well done  :)

flossie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2012, 09:37:26 PM »
Not my sister this time estreet twas me!

Thanks to you  both estreet and songsmith for reviewing despite not liking the genre (hate hate hate that word, but sometimes can't help but have to use it!!  :-[

It's nice of you to listen anyway thanks

krish

• Busker
    • Krish Band Page
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2012, 12:01:27 AM »
Great stuff, I love songs that are just easy to listen to but still hook you in. Really crisp and clear vocals. The piano work is sublime as well, makes my playing seem pretty pathetic I must say! I do think the lyrics at the beginning are lacking a certain potency (I'm sorry I can't explain that any better) but it builds up very quickly and nicely. Just a personal preference though.

Really enjoyed that one, good work.

andy5544

• Platinum Album
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2012, 10:40:25 PM »
It's a nice song and you have a cool or is it hot voice  ;D  good job chaps .
I wanted to be a hippy....but my mum wouldn't let me !!

Beware the JudDeRMan when the moon grows FAT !!!!!!!!

Florida Mike

• Open Mic
    • Michael Holmes Singer Songwriter Official Site
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2012, 06:15:15 PM »
Really enjoy it. When the harmonies enter at about 1:15 it really lifts the song. Love to hear it with some percussion and strings entering around the same time as the harmony, and some strings, very nice!
Congrats!  The last two piano notes are a beautiful way to end the song...KUDOS