konalavadome

I'm new to this forum, here's my first song for review

• 20 Replies

James Nighthawk

• Stadium Tour
    • www.facebook.com/jamesnighthawk
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2012, 12:04:49 AM »
Very pretty stuff. Nice hook. I liked the harmonies.

Agree, with the posting lyrics, it always aids a critque

Some shuffling sounds on the left speaker towards the end which were odd listening on headphones. But for a home recording this is ace. Nice work!
www.facebook.com/jamesnighthawk
Twitter @JamesNighthawk

Schavuitje

• Stadium Tour
    • Camera Shy
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2012, 12:45:05 AM »
Just listened again and it is good :)
Good come back b.t.w :)
I think I'd had my fill of accoustic songs that day and wash harsh and tad unfair in my review  :P
Glad to be put in my place  ;)
There are holes in the sky where the rain gets in  , but they're ever so small, that's why rain is thin.

marcotway

• Busker
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2012, 10:27:41 AM »
Well, I'm gonna post one that's not acoustic next  ;)

jmacdon

• Solo Gig
  • Give me a lyric and I'll give you a song
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2012, 09:45:03 PM »
Great song and you have a new youtube follower too!

Yes, there are traces of Paul Simon (and Paddy McAloon in here) - but that is exactly why you are recording this.  The influence of these artists are probably intrinsic to you.  (In my case, it's a hybrid of Elton John, Pj Proby and Donald Fagen !)   

What i like about this recording is that it comes across as naturally relaxed and you appear very confident when you play and sing.  You have great potential and I'm looking forward to listening to more of your original tracks. 

Keep posting and enjoy your music.

bewarethisboy

• Platinum Album
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2012, 09:52:42 AM »

I have noticed a few times on more acoustic postings (my own included) people keep saying its a "saturated market"... me for one doesnt really care... im not trying to be a pop star...im just writing and playing songs that i like and hope other people may find something of interest also.... i think you could say the singer and guitar simplicity has been a saturated "market" pretty much since popular music began but it still hasnt died out

I think that is a very fair comment. Yes you are quite right. BTB
not really good at anything - but as long as I am breathing I will keep on trying

bewarethisboy

• Platinum Album
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2012, 09:54:11 AM »
Thanks, and well said. If you're writing music for the love of it then you don't care about the market. It's very cynical to assume that one is 'jumping on the band wagon' rather than just being sincere.

This too is a very fair comment - my apologies if I caused any offence. BTB
not really good at anything - but as long as I am breathing I will keep on trying