konalavadome

Ghost by Winter 1982

• 22 Replies

S.T.C

• Stadium Tour
  • American Cars........out now
    • http://oldsongsnew.com/
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2015, 11:07:01 PM »
Hints of Ray La Montagne and George Ezra and it's up there with them in term of songwriting, performance and production. This is pro level record deal standard material but it has real passion and artistic merit as well. This section of lyrics caught my ear - superb writing IMHO:

I'll be the engine running
At the end of the lane
I'll be that silhouette coming
Through the evening summer haze

No nitpicking from me - it's a blinder.

M

Question mark (in bold)..go to any decent open mic and there will be one or two with material like this.... i listened to this three times, where's the hook? at 1.30 i thought here it comes, but alas didn't come , and the guitars at the end, are simply too tame.i'm not saying this isn't competent......but deal making i doubt .

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2015, 12:11:56 AM »
Hints of Ray La Montagne and George Ezra and it's up there with them in term of songwriting, performance and production. This is pro level record deal standard material but it has real passion and artistic merit as well. This section of lyrics caught my ear - superb writing IMHO:

I'll be the engine running
At the end of the lane
I'll be that silhouette coming
Through the evening summer haze

No nitpicking from me - it's a blinder.

M

Question mark (in bold)..go to any decent open mic and there will be one or two with material like this.... i listened to this three times, where's the hook? at 1.30 i thought here it comes, but alas didn't come , and the guitars at the end, are simply too tame.i'm not saying this isn't competent......but deal making i doubt .

I wait to stand corrected. From reading the other comments, I think my comments are pretty valid. Negativity with no constructive input - what is the point of that?

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2015, 02:30:18 AM »
I'm with others in recognizing the talent here and the production excellence - was it recorded in a paid studio? Lovely vocals and vocal delivery. I liked the lyrics right up to "I don't believe in nothing" that line just seemed like bad grammar to me and didn't seem to fit with the rest of the lyric but I'm not a follower of indie music so probably OK in the genre and you should ignore this comment.

Nice song!
Paul

Winter1982

• Open Mic
    • Winter1982
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2015, 03:20:22 AM »
Hey all,
Thanks for your comments, very kind as always.

Montydog, thanks for your comments, great to have a fan of the music, I thinkyour stuff is great too, perhaps we overlap in musical taste

S.T.C.  Thanks for listening. I'm not a big fan of 'hooks' as such, nor standard song structure but I thought this one has some memorable, 'hummable' sections. Each to their own though of course. The music business is a big one and I hope there's room for all kinds of acts.

paulski- thanks for listening. It was recorded in a studio yeh, someone else mentioned that too. Is that not allowed? My apologies if that's the case. I write, sing and play all my stuff and that's what I'm seeking feedback on I guess. The production likewise as I am hands on and love to hear feedback on the decisions I've made when recording. The quality of the mix etc I can't achieve at home but that's exactly why I go to a studio - demo at home, select the best stuff, take it to the studio and get it out there. A process as old as time...or as old as recording studios haha. 'I don't believe in nothing' is intended to have double meaning, it's a song about being told to find faith and rejecting the idea. I don't believe in nothing is meant to stand for that but also a rejection of believing in nothing, grammatically  - I Don't believe in nothing = I believe in something. It's about the faith you can have without God or religion. Thanks for your lovely comments too, always much appreciated.

Regrettably I think I'll leave it there as far as posting here goes. I know I'm not the most frequent commentator and I've caught a sense of a few posters being unhappy with that, a few odd comments and change in the vibe from when I began posting. I've really enjoyed my time here and it's been a part of building my confidence with the music I make. Thank you all for listening. I'd love it if some of you followed me on Facebook or Soundcloud. I'm certainly continuing with the music but it's perhaps not right to post it on this forum anymore. Thanks again for all the kind words I've received over the course of the last 18 months.

Good luck with everything!
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 03:29:44 AM by Winter1982 »
winter1982.bandcamp.com

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2015, 06:42:50 AM »
Enjoyable listen and pro sounding tune. really like the way the tune built right from the beginning. And your voice sounds great with an edge and tremolo. Reminded me a bit of James Bay too and he's doing ok. Some great lines in there too, especially the the first two verses.
At the louder section at 1.59 i felt it could do with something extra as the 3 chord lose impact as it repeats. Felt either some backing vocals building in or indeed if you had the wherewithal perhaps a choir?
Anyway just a thought and good luck with it.
 :)
Neil

songwriter of no repute..

Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2015, 06:49:28 AM »
I can't speak for anybody else but I don't think that anybody would want you to leave the forum.

The more the merrier would probably be the general consensus of opinion.

If you take an honest look at yourself and your contribution here you would have to admit that you don't really demonstrate an interest in anybody else and their music. If there is a 'change in vibe' from when you began posting you should hardly be surprised as it mirrors your level of interest and participation.

The review part of the forum exists and functions because of the time and effort given by a good number of members. If everybody was as casual as you about reciprocating in listening and commenting, you wouldn't have a showcase here for your songs at all - the review part of the forum would hardly survive.

Posting on a regular basis without giving back what you get is, in my opinion, an affront to those who do set aside time to listen and comment. And you shouldn't feel too hard done by. If everybody was as hard and unforgiving as me you wouldn't be getting any reviews at all.

I did listen and comment on a few of your songs before I came to the conclusion that you no longer deserved my attention. It's a shame because I enjoyed the songs and from what I read you are still producing good stuff.

An alternative to your 'regrettable' decision to leave would be to start putting in the time and effort which others do. You might find it rewarding!
Take it easy.

You can check my stuff out here. Mini-album getting bigger slowly. Free download if you're poorer than me.

Easy Life - Viscount Cramer

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2015, 01:15:23 PM »
paulski- thanks for listening. It was recorded in a studio yeh, someone else mentioned that too. Is that not allowed? My apologies if that's the case.
My question has nothing to do with rules on this forum. I was just curious - some of us want to strive for "pro studio quality" recordings in our homes so it's good to know which recordings to compare our stuff to. Having said that, I would encourage you to stick around, but post earlier versions of your songs for feedback before you pay money to record them. I really feel bad about posting anything negative on a track that is so finalized in the process - so I tend to avoid doing it.
Paul

daviddrymusic

• Busker
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2015, 10:15:45 PM »
Hey man,

I've heard some of your stuff before and I've always been really impressed. Great to hear some of your finished work after 8 months of prep. Congrats, great achievement to actually get it finished.

The song is very good, great build up and your vocals and playing are top notch. I would have loved a slightly more soaring chorus as few others have hinted at, but thats probably just a personal taste thing.

Great stuff. Best of luck with it!!