Songwriter Forum > Feedback on Finished songs

All Because of You - Demo

(1/2) > >>

Nick Ryder:
Hi all, I hope you're well.

Here's a new one that I'm working on. Its still in there development stage in so much as I need to figure out the finishing touches for the arrangement before it gets mixed properly. I'll also put some real drums on it before it's mixed.

For context, it was written following the death of my mother.

How do I explain,
its happening again,
life goes on they say,
but it feels different today

We take it on the chin
but where do we begin
life goes on they say,

Time and time again
we let the sadness win
We hide behind the door
dreams don't come true anymore

Its all because of you
Its all because of you
and everything you do

Its all because of you
Its all because of you
and everything you do

How do I explain,
its happening again,
life goes on they say,

Its all because of you
Its all because of you
and everything you do

moraamarolaloba:
Hola @Nick Ryder
Hello, it is the first song I listen to in my morning and I loved it for its atmosphere and arrangement calmly covering the story of that love that comes and goes, like the air. Very nice to hear

MonnoDB:
@Nick Ryder - poignant lyrics and heartfelt delivery. Sorry for your loss.

I think it's a lovely tribute.. It's a simple enough arrangement, which I think suits the song - like the strings a lot and to me the drums, programmed or not, sound good. Assume you're going to go for a similar feel with a live drummer.

K

Nick Ryder:

--- Quote from: MonnoDB on April 05, 2024, 02:37:21 PM ---@Nick Ryder - poignant lyrics and heartfelt delivery. Sorry for your loss.

I think it's a lovely tribute.. It's a simple enough arrangement, which I think suits the song - like the strings a lot and to me the drums, programmed or not, sound good. Assume you're going to go for a similar feel with a live drummer.

K

--- End quote ---

Thank you. Yes, my drummer friend will play similar bit with much more 'feel'.

Bankie:
So this is a really great song. I listened to Demo 3 right after btw, so comments really based more on that. Further to what I said on the WIP thread, I think the strings aren't really there yet. I love everything else (especially the guitar parts), but the strings are just "fine". They're being played more like a pad, but I think you have scope to make them a bit busier, particularly on phrases where there's no singing. You could use parts of the vocal melody in there, and play them like little motifs for example.

I feel slightly foolish because you're ahead of me in most regards of production, but that's what stands out to my ears. Great work as usual though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version