get a little low down

• 37 Replies

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2013, 07:02:58 PM »
I'm not ignoring your post. I think it's all been said already. Useful exercise in learning how to multi track.

man of simple pleasures

• Platinum Album
  • power to the people
    • soundcloud
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2013, 07:41:41 PM »
link dont work?? i wanna listen?
fly away and find my peace of mind...

https://soundcloud.com/man-of-simple-pleasures/tracks

Stylus

• Stadium Tour
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/DJRAJBAROT
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2013, 09:31:50 AM »
Yes  I couldnt get the link to work either.   STC.   Keep doing what you do  &  practice makes things better &  I think everyone gets good & bad results no matter what level or experience one has reached.
         I  have  started a track  & then many hours later.....thought this is terrible  & scrapped it. If something seems awkward...I come back to it later on another day. I will stay diplomatic on some comments here but have said before:  someone elses 'Creation'  is like  someones  child? If you kick someone elses  child.....surely it must hurt?           R'gardz  To All   8)

Kafla

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2013, 11:03:01 AM »
I was hoping this thread would die away - but there is still comments on the reviews and the song isn't even live anymore

So I hope this doesn't upset anyone but I need to get that off my chest

So I had a go at STC and I wasn't that tactful - I think most on here would say that I am pretty encouraging and supportive - I am currently working hard on a production for STC and I have produced another song for him - so I give up my time - i have worked on several collaborations the forumites-  how many of you have done that?

When I first came on here the criticism I got was quite bad at times - there was certainly a more honest direct feedback structure in place and it stung - but you know what in the end it made me improve and evolve as I am still doing

Now I'm sorry but if someone switches on a recorder and hasn't rehearsed lyrics or a melody and accompanies it with happy clapping / whistling in the background what are you supposed to say?

This strain of hippy liberalism that's emerging in this forum is pathetic - this should be an open forum for honest opinions - including negative straight to the point feedback - everyone deserves tact but if this is the 4 th or 5 th time then it's just wasting my time - sorry

If you want to sit around patting each other on the back or finding anything to be positive about then I am off - it's not why I came on here - and I am more than big enough to admit I am the minority - but I'm not wasting anymore time and energy defending my position in this review

I'm off to kick some more children

Alan Starkie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2013, 02:42:02 PM »
Link dead...

It's a little unfortunate when the outcome of a post results in a piece being binned.

Kafla - I think maybe you should be a little more tactful/patient as a 'global moderator'.  :)

Best to all...

S.T.C

• Stadium Tour
  • American Cars........out now
    • http://oldsongsnew.com/
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2013, 04:23:39 PM »
Yes  iv`e  locked it,,,,,,i will do it again...with some proper lyrics..or at least in the same style,,happy clapping and all.... ;)

Kafla, you are a bit forthright in your views...but it doesn`t bother me that much...so i don`t think anyone needs to to go falling on their sword or any thing like that,,,i believe we can request moderate critique if we want?

So we can forget it for now....i think i have a bit of free time on thursday....i will try to re post it then

Basically ...the way i write and the way i record isn`t that well thought out..i just do it!

I t does result in a hit or miss...product....Silverlady..which Kaf is having a look at, was done pretty much the same way..i wrote the lyrics...picked up the guitar,,,,just made up some chords on the spot..and posted it...
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 04:30:44 PM by songsthatcry »

Dutchbeat

« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2013, 10:42:49 PM »
pfff.. Guys, make music, not war

and always  ;D ;D ;D

Remember to send DUTCHBEAT the tracks he wants, requested, was promised and / or needs

::) ::) ::)
and lyrics, of course

ok?

« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 10:46:49 PM by Dutchbeat »

habiTat

• Stadium Tour
    • habiTat songs
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2013, 12:00:38 AM »
Really?!!

Is this still rumbling on?... :-\ ???

@kaf, I never meant for this molehill to mountainize, sorry..
I think any regulars know your credentials on here and I absolutely agree about feedback needing to be honest, and if need be, very HONEST. My original comments were not intended to create a wave of criticism, I was merely expressing my concern at a succession of negative comments (yours included but not exclusive) which could, if read too personally, be discouraging and not very helpful.

I admit I read it wrong on reflection so we need not revisit that but it does raise a good issue regarding feedback in general. Do we want pointless back patting? No, we'll I don't. Do we want deliberate Simon Cowell-esque harshness, not really either. The buzzword is clearly stated in the guidelines...

CONSTRUCTIVE

That's it really, isn't it?

Kafla

« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2013, 06:07:51 PM »
Link dead...

It's a little unfortunate when the outcome of a post results in a piece being binned.

Kafla - I think maybe you should be a little more tactful/patient as a 'global moderator'.  :)

Best to all...

You know Alan you had 18 days to comment on this song but you choose now to pipe up and review - I wonder why  ???p

I wonder if you were really going to review this song - or just have a pop at me

I really couldn't give a sh!t what you think - honestly - that's me showing my lack of patience again eh  :o but it's the truth - sorry

Habi - you can see from outer space that you have such a kind heart and I don't hold you responsible at all  ;D and truth I really respect your music   ;D

And STC - very graciously put - if anyone had any grievances it should have been you - but you took it on the chin  - it's not personal you know that - I genuinely mean it when I say I think you are so talented - and I did try and push your buttons here differently - I wanted a reaction - to prove me wrong if you like - but there you go  ::)
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 06:10:28 PM by Kafla »

Alan Starkie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2013, 06:23:03 PM »
Kafla - I'm moving house and job at the moment so I've seen/heard virtually nothing from the forum recently. I stumbled across this when I had a quick look at what was happening here.

I don't go looking for excuses to 'have a pop at you' Kafla.

You don't occupy my thoughts to that extent tbh.

Kafla

« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2013, 06:34:48 PM »
Kafla - I'm moving house and job at the moment so I've seen/heard virtually nothing from the forum recently. I stumbled across this when I had a quick look at what was happening here.

I don't go looking for excuses to 'have a pop at you' Kafla.

You don't occupy my thoughts to that extent tbh.

That I can believe - I don't imagine there would be much more room for thoughts over and above 'Alan Starkie'

Alan Starkie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2013, 07:55:07 PM »
Home, job and family.

Binladeda

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2013, 09:42:23 PM »

BOOM ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Well STC, I listened to this when you first posted it, and thought then 'this is going to raise a few hackles' ;D ;D.....as a piece of music it's ok,  we all do it, just don't record and post it ;D ;D    But It certainly is a work of art in the context of the response it got ;D ;D ;D........I wish my songs would get as much attention ;D ;D ;D  So FKN brilliant mate, got us all going that one ;D ;D

Thanks for stiring ;D ;D
Nowt as queer as folk...........my gran

Kafla

« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2013, 10:05:29 PM »

BOOM ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Well STC, I listened to this when you first posted it, and thought then 'this is going to raise a few hackles' ;D ;D.....as a piece of music it's ok,  we all do it, just don't record and post it ;D ;D    But It certainly is a work of art in the context of the response it got ;D ;D ;D........I wish my songs would get as much attention ;D ;D ;D  So FKN brilliant mate, got us all going that one ;D ;D

Thanks for stiring ;D ;D

You really make me laugh do you know that  ;D

I think it probably is time to put this to bed now - lol

I've got to admit I quite enjoy viewing a wee barney on the forum - it's quite entertaining - in a voyeuristic/perverted way

But being involved in the thick of it is different - the way this is going I am going to have no friends left - if I haven't already went beyond that point  ???

How ironic is the title of this song btw ? ::)

man of simple pleasures

• Platinum Album
  • power to the people
    • soundcloud
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2013, 10:23:06 PM »
haha jesus this forum is getting a bit serious aint it, am lost with whats gone on here in this thread!

i wanted a listen aswell soon as i heard someone say sounds like something of the white album haha probablys revolution number 9 by all the outrage haha!
fly away and find my peace of mind...

https://soundcloud.com/man-of-simple-pleasures/tracks