NEW DEMO: WHO'S THAT GIRL

• 38 Replies

Stylus

• Stadium Tour
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/DJRAJBAROT
« on: March 11, 2013, 03:02:08 PM »
Hi wondrous  peep'z  After  a lot of  thought....I plucked up enough courage to upload my second
track on ere'. This time  I have gone the route of minimalistic lyrics  & The song  TITLE  is more or less
The Lyrics!   ha,ha,ha   Its called:  WHO'S THAT GIRL ?  &  this one was done a week or so ago(unlike
SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL (2009)    I'm a sucker for punishment  &  await you thoughts & views,encouragement & criticisms  & hope your  earphones are  rectified from outaphase syndrome.LOL

Bless you all....      Special Thanx'z  Boydie  For info/help  techniques

Stylus   :)

WHO's THAT GIRL        copyright.    February  2013

S.T.C

• Stadium Tour
  • American Cars........out now
    • http://oldsongsnew.com/
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2013, 03:09:01 PM »
With a  proper studio sound,,that would be a pretty good song....liked the guitar...very commercial vibe to it..well done.

Dutchbeat

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2013, 06:16:36 PM »
Hi Stylus,

catchy tune, cool guitar! yes, it sounds good! (the music) but.. the mix is problematic, in my opinion (but look who is talking  :P) it seems a lot of treble high notes together, i think perhaps also some clipping on the crashes / cymbals (mixed or recorded too loud??)

and i seems that the sound is going from left to right and back again, i remember this was also a bit on your previous track..You may have some fx on the master track that makes the stereo automatically go from left to right?? in some way?

but the track / the music is cool, i think, very poppy and relaxing at the same time

Stylus

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2013, 08:44:01 PM »
Thanx'zzz  Songsthat cry   thanx'zz  Dutchbeat   :)  Appreciated  comments.  I had  a dodgy lead going out from my recorder to the Cd burner &  one song came out in mono!  This particular song:
Whos that girl    Agreed  over clip on drum track & possibly  Treble overkill  I  dont use headphones? &
I am probably  deaf from loud music  over the years? or it could be that I purchased a faulty multi-tracker?  More than likely.......I can write a song...Play guitar  & compose a  backing track  but & the big but is   I am not to clever on  mixing &  stuff related to producing a track. I dont scrutinise my own
recordings & nuances that may be in there somewhere. I have glitchs & lots of human error but thats how I am. I am greatful for the advice & will  dig out the multitracker  manual ( I hate to read this)  its like  something from Bletchly park & a Enigma machine is needed to decipher it! LOL ..
                 Anyway.... I am still happy both about your kind advice & also that I have 50 odd songs to my credit & I am proud of them  because  I did em!   he,he,he
             DutchBeat  I'll  cut the treble in future recordings  &  Songsthatcry I hope I can write songsthatsmile  Thank you ever soooo  Much.                 Stylus   :)     

garys2811

• Open Mic
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2013, 09:34:56 PM »
Hi Stylus, I like the guitar sound. Thats the kind of sound I would imagine you'd get if you gave Carlos Santana a strat and a pair of sun glassess. The Sound is a bit funny moving from one side to another, the recording levels were a bit too high and the various guitar lines are crossing and getting confussed. The song is good and catchy as far as it goes but I could do with more lyrics. I do like the pics of the girls.
Garys2811

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2013, 09:45:25 PM »
I am not feeling this one at all

There are clearly production issues but listening past these I did not like the guitar tone at all (although Gary seemed to like it so this is obviously subjective but definitely not for me)

I preferred your other track and will pass on this one
To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic

Binladeda

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2013, 09:50:11 PM »
Hey Stylus....yeah, I like the guitar too. Think you need to look at the mix and arrangement a bit....not enough 'light and shade' as they say ;D  bit too 'full on' with the guitar non stop. But really like the overall feel and groove of this....good work
Nowt as queer as folk...........my gran

Stylus

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2013, 10:53:58 PM »
Hi Chap'z   thank you ever so much  for postin'/comments  I am humbly humbled!  Gary yes Although the Strat can be a bit weedy(dependant on wood/pick ups) I managed to replicate a sound & the trick is To put on sunglasses in the dark! No excuses from me! it is what it is & I am guilty beyond reasonable
doubt of crimes of bangin out a track in 15 minutes!  He,he,he I record as if theres no tommorrow &
well  I guess  I wont be earning any royalties as my music has flaws LOL. I can only say each song is
different in everyway both the positive & the negative &  I might accidently get it right one day? I know  purposely I wont!  Ha,ha,ha.    Boydie  thanks  even I dont like some of my efforts  I have scrapped deleted  many as they done my head in...I thought what the hell is this? Its the same when I am trying to cook  bladdee awful!  LOL.  Binladeda  Yep! more guitar on this...sometimes less & in this case more god only knows why?  possibly  because I thought I have done enough full lyrics so I went for fewer words & after abit of an intro let the guitars just have a free for all & see what happens?
          I  really am naughty & I should get my act together  I just  want a library or a volume of work
& ok  quantity over quality?  but  I remember doing my first recordings as a kid.....An old Grundig thing my grandfather left me in his   wheel......chair, Primitive is a word I can think of....atleast now   most recordings are  easy to do. I am inclined to think... & feel I do my stuff & dont necessarily go for the highly polished or quantised  stiff & digital  lifeless form of recording  but stubborn as I am  I am heeding  ALL advice on here  &  hopefully one day i will do a mix that doesnt hurt yer ears.  ;D            I am a fan of ALL you guys on here   &  am definately not into blowin my own trumpet   you see I'm a guitarist!    he,he,he,he    THANK YOU  appreciated   :)  Stylus

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2013, 09:29:39 AM »
Hi Stylus,

I really love the feel of this song...it kinda reminds me a bit of some of the older Beatles songs...I had to laugh when the picture of the guitar appeared...it's an on going joke between my partner and I...he's a guitar player and sometimes I think he has more of a relationship with his guitar then me...LOL ::)
...maybe there could be a few more lyrics, but it's kinda works the way it is too...great guitar solo...I guess the mix could use some tweaking, but like you, I really don't have much of a grasp on the mixing part of recording...what are you recording on anyway?...cool stuff  8)

Stylus

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2013, 10:34:00 AM »
CRYSTAL SUZY!!!!!!!!!!  :) I'm even more humbled...Thou art very kind  & theres hope in humanity &
encouragement  He,he,he I feel greatful  because we all do something to appeal or please others &
Its nice when a Song is heard & it crosses over. The video is just like the Demo  rushed & flung out like a child impatient to open their present. I do have the gear & have produced 4 full length dvds for a
Classic car club.I have both songs & instrumentals so I thought lets make this 'not a lyrical song' but an instrumental with a guest appearance of TITLE lyrics. The guitars,inc bass all done real time usually one take unless I get a parcel from DHL.lol. ;D. I use a hard drive recorder & its basically a multitracker  I put down a beat which has a feel & tempo to whats in my head then add Guitar chords(sometimes humming tune) then add bass guitar some keyboards & lots of tea!  :)  I guess I am  useless at many things... but I think I have depth,integrity & have written songs from my inner self
my heart & these songs have been healing & get me through. These are in my U-tube Check out Link
below in my 'signiture' thingy. The guitar...sometimes uplifting & sometimes  it has cried & relayed how I was feeling at the time. I once wrote a song sat on the beach in Goa at 4 a.m kinda talking to
a Shell I wrote & recorded that song LOL.     

Thank You  Crystal Suzy  Any help videos etc  You got it!  :)

habiTat

• Stadium Tour
    • habiTat songs
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2013, 03:59:41 PM »
Hey,

I like the guitar work, excellent, but that left right thing is really off putting as I'm listening on headphones. I'm also one for spending hours on getting my lyrics right, I like to do something with a song, get a message across or something, unfortunately for me, 3:50 of the same line over and over is not holding my attention. There is a lot of dance music with this approach so it's not a comment I'm personally directing at you or your song, just more a general view that I have.

Like I said though, great guitar.

Stylus

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2013, 04:32:11 PM »
Thank you for your comments  I do have lyrics but in my other songs the link is below in my signiture.

Nobodies  perfect?         I'm Nobody   LOL.  Stylus

James Nighthawk

• Stadium Tour
    • www.facebook.com/jamesnighthawk
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2013, 07:05:24 PM »
Right, harsh to be kind here: I managed 20 seconds. What the hell is going on with the stereo field?! Either you have some very borked hardware/software, or you did that on purpose - in which case why!! Ouchy!

I know this is a songwriters site, but you need to be able to present your work in a way we can listen to it. This mix is quite literally nauseating on headphones. Hop to it so more people can listen to the music :)
www.facebook.com/jamesnighthawk
Twitter @JamesNighthawk

Stylus

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2013, 07:43:50 PM »
Hi James
  1)  I Dont use headphones & due to this I have not(until joining this forum heard from anyone about
this headphone problem. I hear the song before I upload it & it sounds audible obviously I am not using
headphones.
  2) Possible hardware issue? could be?  But evidently its only when someone listens on Headphones?
      So why does it not happen when headphones are not used?
  3)  yes this is a SONGWRITERS FORUM  &  Everyone on here is in some way not a big name by way
  Being a hit making producer?  HAVE YOU HEARD THE BEATLES DECCA DEMOS's.HAVE YOU HEARD THE
  BEATLES HAMBURG TAPES/bootlegs? 
  4) My songs are DEMO's. &  they just are a basic idea of a song showing Melody,lyrics or format.
      &  Instead of encouragement or 'Welcome to the Forum' I feel that  Some kind of  'wolfpack' are
  out to get me?  Ok...big deal you can hear some left & right thing....So what...look beyond this &
 try be subjective &  & see it as an attempt  at  a composition.
   I have been here two weeks  & feel  most 'Unwelcome'  & feel theres some inherent jealousy by some
 on here.....I will repeat  SOME  as  there have been  some very fair people that have been fair in their
review.
   5)  Two uploads  &  I have had  positive comments  & then  Someone trys to 'discredit' my tracks I
think  to put others off.  whatever it is  It is very unfair & very unwelcoming as I have said already.This is a SONGWRITERS FORUM  Not  a  Studio buffers tech forum. 
I have  played by the rules,I have observed Forum regulations,I have shared my comments & have been a
positive member &  I  was to  write somthing in the anything & everything section about  some  people on here being 'unwelcoming in a vindictive kind of way. 
   Whatever  it is  that you dont like?  Me or my music or  both......I think  If you dont like things  Then
STAY CLEAR  Listen to your own music  &   I have already said I will look into...To sort the problem etc.
I am being honest   If your  songs  got hacked for no real apparent reason...I mean  No one has slated MY LYRICS.....No one has slated  my music...Guitar   all you can find?   Is  HEADPHONES?????  Take em off? have
a listen without........I know  many studio people & I'll ask them to check the headphones thing.
                    Whatever your  tactics may be?  I can take it  but I'm not stupid & have been on Forums before  & if you're trying to get me to leave?  Try some other means.........Stylus