Found the story sad rather than scary, but
 a lovely song to listen to..

Excellent work...

Nowt as queer as folk...........my gran

igg

• Solo Gig
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2016, 05:48:44 PM »
Geoff,

Great atmospheric intro really sucked me in!!!  I love the clean spacious production...superb vocals very reminiscent of Godley & Creme..great favorites of mine....and the story is both bizarre and evocative...Very well done in every dimension!!!!

igg

MartynRich

• Stadium Tour
    • Personal website
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2016, 12:27:55 AM »
A seriously good song Shiny...beautiful melody and piano playing with lyrics to bring a tear to the eye. Another strong contender for the comp...it completely stands out as something different and if we had a forum bookie I may place an outside bet on this one doing well.

Well done mate, great piece of music.

ShinyThang

• Platinum Album
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2016, 09:17:31 PM »
Pompeyjazz: Thanks. It is certainly a little different from my usual stuff.

Jacksimmons: Yes, I just took the opening speech and reversed it and tried it in various locations before deciding it seemed to work there. Thanks for noticing the lyric. I was quite pleased with it myself once I worked out the main story element of the murdered woman. I am becoming very fond of backing harmonies too but I don't really know how to do them and tend to just keep trying things until something seems to work. I don't think I was too confident about these so, kept them low in the mix.

IronKnee: This was my second attempt to write for the contest. The opening chords came when I messed up playing an old song of mine and the 'duffed' chord change sounded very funereal. So, with the contest in mind I developed that a little and started thinking about Halloween which, to me, is kids going 'Trick or Treating'. I pretty much wrote the whole thing at the keyboard which is unusual for me.

HenryOFarrell: Thank you very much.

Digger72: You are very kind. But I was quite pleased with the way this one turned out.

Paulski: Thank you Paul. It really was great fun to write this especially with the excuse to use sound effects. You and Vicki have a scorching contest on your hands here.

Binladeda: Thank you. Yes, my voice is a lot younger than my face! The T-Bells riff came from messing around with a sound on my new Yamaha keyboard although I didn't use that particular sound on the recording. I find that each pre-set sound 'suggests' some musical idea and this is what came to me. I wasn't deliberately using Mr Oldfield's idea of course but I guess it was there in my subconscious.

igg: Wow! Godley & Creme! Well, I don't mind those types of comparisons at all but if you mean 'Under your Thumb' then that really is a song to chill your spine!

MartynRich: Thank you but I feel this competition is pretty much all 'front runners' so I'd spread that bet a little if I were you!

They're, there, their  ...  They're all different!

www.soundcloud.com/geoffjamesevans