konalavadome

girls just wanna have fun

• 13 Replies

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« on: May 21, 2012, 03:09:54 PM »
ok weve flirted outrageously with reverbnation & led soundclick on something rotten but now weve decided to get  serious with bandcamp!
so all our tracks are uploaded into albums there
i was going to have a competiton thing like ramshackles did where evryone helped design the cover but i think we all new he already had it all cut & dried  & it was all a trick to advertise his ep ;D
instead im going to say weve chosen some lovely colours & designs & any art lover will be gobsmacked before he even gets to hear the music!
http://deathbyguitar.bandcamp.com/ 

anyway i expect it will all be totaly ignored  & so if you want to ignore our music this is the best place to ignore it....no where else ok!
Tell me Im wonderful & I ll be nice to you :)

Schavuitje

• Stadium Tour
    • Camera Shy
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 03:25:40 PM »
That's a really poor attempt at reverse psychology. So see-through  :D :P
I'll take a look later when I have more time :)
There are holes in the sky where the rain gets in  , but they're ever so small, that's why rain is thin.

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 03:59:49 PM »
I love the Hotpoint Stack! - that is a great touch

I am looking forward to having a trawl through your back catalogue  ;D
To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic

flossie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2012, 09:26:43 AM »
I've twittered your album, get networking girlfriend!
x

(good smiley huh!)

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2012, 03:08:19 PM »
cheers flossie.........ummmm its a bit embaressing but i dont understand all this tweeting i never did facebook cos i knew id never get off of it so when tweeting came along i avoided that aswell & now ive been sort of left behind..... you are far more entreprising than me with your music library  & stuff

good smiley eh?

Schavuitje

• Stadium Tour
    • Camera Shy
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2012, 01:58:31 AM »
Hey :)

Just went and had a look. That's really psychedelic, I love it. :)
Tweeting is fun Tina you should do it. You get to meet some cool people and slag off people like Joey Barton  ;D
There are holes in the sky where the rain gets in  , but they're ever so small, that's why rain is thin.

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2012, 11:47:37 PM »
well its been 4 weeks now & i feel totaly  foolish & crap
people have said to me constantly oh your stuff is so good you should sell it id buy it & ive always said no
finally i gave in & organised it all into albums & put it all on bandcamp & no ones bought  a single track......why do people give you all this bullshit?
that is so humiliating ive put my guitars away in the back of my wardrobe
im going to become a bitter twisted cynic who says nasty things about evryone elses music becos of this.....so im apologising before i start

The Corsair

• Platinum Album
  • I'm the latest model Johnny
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2012, 12:29:01 AM »
well its been 4 weeks now & i feel totaly  foolish & crap
people have said to me constantly oh your stuff is so good you should sell it id buy it & ive always said no
finally i gave in & organised it all into albums & put it all on bandcamp & no ones bought  a single track......why do people give you all this bullshit?
that is so humiliating ive put my guitars away in the back of my wardrobe
im going to become a bitter twisted cynic who says nasty things about evryone elses music becos of this.....so im apologising before i start

Better get marketing!

Maybe find a small-time radio station that'll play a song of yours on the air. Become a twitter whore. Put the facebook page to good use. Find a few gigs to play. Get exposure! (No, that doesn't mean play gigs naked). You'll only get people buying your music if you go and find them, they aren't out there looking for you after all.
Defective Elector

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2012, 12:53:27 AM »
thank you corsair for responding  but please dont use the word whore
weve tried facebook ....& now twitter but just dont get it.. & reverbnation & soundclick
we dont gig who wants to see 3 middle age mums 

you say You'll only get people buying your music if you go and find them, they aren't out there looking for you after all.
thats what drives me mad... these people.... family/ friends /people on you tube/ via email/ on forums /on fawm /50/90 etc etc these people have all said they would buy it we should sell it so i make it avalaible & they make it quite plain it was all bull all along!

nooms

• Global Moderator
  • Stadium Tour
  • songwriter
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2012, 01:14:14 AM »

actually tinam, being three middle age mums would probably get attention
thats your unique angle and once you start hitting them with the songs you'd prob go down a storm..
its usual story though of not living next door to a channel four producer,
bane of my life..
i may not believe this tomorrow...

https://soundcloud.com/nooms-1

The Corsair

• Platinum Album
  • I'm the latest model Johnny
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2012, 03:38:42 AM »
Nooms, exactly!

It'll be an astonishing thing to see people like yourselves rocking out! That's exactly what will generate an audience IMO.
Defective Elector

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2012, 11:03:14 PM »
Nooms, exactly!
It'll be an astonishing thing to see people like yourselves rocking out!

yes it would be like a freak show or at best a novelty act

to make any impact we would have to gig a lot & i got all that totally out of my system a long time ago when i was young & had no ties
youve missed the point my anger is at family & friends & evryone one else who told us all these lies about our music & didnt mean a word of it .....i am extremeley upset

Adam

• Busker
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2012, 12:22:53 PM »
Easy to say I know but I would honestly try not to upset yourself too much. I've watched your videos and listened to your songs and it's clear to me that you're having an absolute blast. Hardly anybody's getting paid as far I can see and I cottoned on long ago to the fact that people will flake out left, right and centre when it comes to the crunch. It's frustrating but that's just people I suppose. I know folks in really good touring bands that literally live on the road for months at a time and they're just scraping by. I don't think your band is a freak show or a novelty act. I think it's very cool.         

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2012, 06:47:46 PM »
cheers adam & thanks everyone else
dont anyone think this is about the money im not stupid enuff to think i was going to get rich or anything
its about people telling you lies
anyway my guitars are all back out of the wardrobe but ive taken them all to be serviced to get them out of my sight