Another Open Mic

• 25 Replies

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2023, 09:18:44 PM »
Managed to get a better quality video recording of the latest open mic  night as a couple of my mates turned up and filmed it for me. It’s a co-write with our old buddy @Morefrog Jones Harbour Lights. Are you out there mate ?
Turned out to be an incredibly busy night with about 25 performers turning up, the pub was rammed and they couldn’t fit everybody in. Enjoying the live stuff immensely

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2023, 11:20:19 PM »
Looking and sounding great John.  I think I remember the song ... did you post it here?  It's got a great chorus indeed.  I hope you keep posting these, it's great to see you in action.
It's all too beautiful.

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2023, 06:41:53 PM »
Open mic update - After the Open mic a couple of weeks ago a guy messaged me and asked me if I would like to open up with a 30 minute slot at a local festival - The South Downs Green Fair - Been a hell of a long time since I've done anything like this and never solo and acoustic - Anyway, last Sunday, thankfully the weather had brightened up after the downpours of the previous day - The festival was much bigger than I expected and the stage was set up in the bar - Tony from The Auditors popped across to see me which was great as I hadn't seen him for ages. A guy offered to video my sett for me as he had some decent equipment so I ditched the idea of filming it myself on my phone. Unfortunately he forgot to turn the camera off standby until my last song so only managed to catch 1 number when my voice was on the way out. It was a great day and a really fun experience and great for building confidence - Here's my 1 song extract....

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2023, 08:18:55 PM »
Hi John,

I loved this one too..you look you're having a blast with this...I've really enjoyed every one of them.

There's nothing like actually getting out there and doing it. Makes me realise how much I miss gigging with original material...
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

CorkingCrackBand

• Platinum Album
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2023, 10:53:22 PM »
I echo @PaulAds - I've been doing that a lot this evening - it's great to you getting out and sharing your talent. You're clearly enjoying yourself and it shows.

CCB

Morefrog Jones

• Platinum Album
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2023, 08:13:56 PM »
Managed to get a better quality video recording of the latest open mic  night as a couple of my mates turned up and filmed it for me. It’s a co-write with our old buddy @Morefrog Jones Harbour Lights. Are you out there mate ?
Turned out to be an incredibly busy night with about 25 performers turning up, the pub was rammed and they couldn’t fit everybody in. Enjoying the live stuff immensely

Nice one mate...I'm still alive and thrilled one of our songs is still being played...hope you are well. I have Virtually given up the songwriting but still pop on here occasionally...good to know you are still knocking out the songs...all the best ...MFJ

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2023, 08:42:11 PM »
Good :)  to see you’re still around @Morefrog Jones Its a great co-write. Such a shame to hear that you’re not writing these days, I was listening to Narcistica the other day, what a fabulous tune. Take care man  :)

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2023, 08:40:12 PM »
Brill John... they look like great evenings... hope to join you for one of them in person at some point.  Nice to have a bassist accompanying you too.
It's all too beautiful.