konalavadome

FAWM 23

• 29 Replies

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2023, 12:11:54 PM »
Btw does anybody else keep getting  “message body was left empty” errors when trying to edit posts?

Edit: So is this…but it happens quite a lot…both on an iPhone and on a desktop Mac
« Last Edit: February 18, 2023, 12:56:51 PM by PaulAds »
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2023, 12:21:31 PM »
Sounds like a damn good filler to me.  ;D

And yes I don’t think the post edit function is working at the moment. Att @Boydie? Ta if you can have a look.
My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2023, 12:47:32 PM »
@MichaelA and @PaulAds

I was not aware of this - I will look into it

Hmmmm, seems to work for me - this line is an edit
« Last Edit: February 18, 2023, 12:49:23 PM by Boydie »
To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2023, 12:56:30 PM »
Generally, it’s when trying to make a spelling correction or some other small tidy-up kind of thing…it has been happening for a while…off and on 😀

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2023, 12:59:31 PM »
Edit: off when I haven’t mentioned it an on when I have 😂

It happened when I tried to edit and add this comment, so I had to do it as a reply…

It’s not a big deal…just thought I’d mention it 😀

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2023, 01:27:17 PM »
Sod’s Law of looking for glitches! @Boydie

Mm… seems to be working now! Thanks to @Boydie or the God of the Internet!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

Kafla

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2023, 01:45:26 PM »
I’ve been following your progress with pride and admiration mate…you are doing brilliant.

I am also impressed at the level of production and quality you have managed with the tight time constraints.

I have always wanted to do this and might sign up next year…but it will be an acoustic affair for me….would be enjoyable I think 🤝

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2023, 11:25:52 AM »
Finished another one last night…the drums were a Van Halen thing at 140 bpm…the title comes from tagline used by a guy whose journalistic work is really fascinating and who has more balls than I could dream of having.

I could have done with it being a little lower to sing…I didn’t really quite think it through…but there wasn’t time to re-record it, so I just had to squawk and bear it…

That’s 11 in total…9 full songs and 2 lyrics.

I’ve still got a couple of ideas to work on, but will have to lose a few days at the end of the month as I’m having a few days away. Still hope to finish an albums worth, though…

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2023, 09:17:45 PM »
Another absolute cracker @PaulAds I would never have guessed the Van Halen drums. I’ve loved listening to everything that you’ve created this month. You’re fucking inspirational man 😎

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2023, 09:20:57 PM »
Thanks John and Andy  :)

I've done another one tonight...I knocked up a sketch of a backing track last night and had listen as I was driving around today...I decided to change the original arrangement idea any make it like this. I had the nagging feeling that it was very much like something else I've heard...but you just have to put all such thoughts out of your mind and get on with it.

I may be done for this year now...I still have two demo ideas recorded, but I'm not sure about them...we'll see.

CorkingCrackBand

• Platinum Album
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2023, 12:25:00 AM »
Hi @PaulAds,

I’d never heard of this February album month idea. Sounds really fun and I’ve loved hearing the variety of great stuff you’ve come up with. You’ve got a great voice and in such a short space the quality of product is really impressive.

It can be an interesting way to challenge (and channel) oneself into a tight timeline. I think I tend to do it naturally, a sort of drip drip of music and then the tap goes on twice a year and I put out 20 songs in 6 weeks. I hope you enjoy your hard earned rest - I’ll look forward to hearing more when you return.  :)

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2023, 05:03:00 AM »
Hi @PaulAds, that’s a lovely song to maybe close the album, reflective lyrics and wistful vocals. I reckon you’ve cracked it. 👏

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2023, 05:34:49 PM »
It's a Yes from me (Sorry!! :) )

Really like this one @PaulAds - lyrics are great.. catchy chorus - love the way it overlaps with the ends of the verses..

Can't believe you've produced so much quality stuff in such a short space of time.. I'd be on the floor (well there's no way I could manage it in the first place tbh). Well done!

Enjoy your holliers!

K

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2023, 02:07:44 PM »
Well...after thinking that would be my lot for this year...

I had done a rough demo with a Simon Phillips Drum Loop Set in the style of The Stone Roses...so I thought I'd give that a go. I didn't like my lead vocal and I was goofing around with some online voice generators...it was very nearly Bugs Bunny...but I settled on Morgan Freeman...very kind of him to oblige  ::) Well...to virtually oblige...

I thought I'd likely not include this one, but then I thought the artificial voice might make it OK when it otherwise wasn't very good. After all...if it turned out rubbish, I could always blame Morgan...

Some lead vocalists can be such divas...

I have another demo I did which was intended to be a "Cure" type of thing...but I've sort of ran out of time...and I don't see much point in posting something half-assed just so I can say "I did it" so I didn't quite manage 14. Even though there were a couple of so-so lyrics I threw in, I just about scraped enough together for an album...11 songs coming in at 32'48"

A final "Thank You" so much to everyone for their super encouragement...it honestly made a massive difference to me...and helped enormously.

I whacked them all into “Amuse” to put out as an album which is due to be released on 25/03/23…so that’s it done with…all written, played, recorded and mixed in 25 days.

We have a gig tonight and then I'm off to put my feet up, lounge around a pool, stuff my face and quaff cheap plonk for a few days :)

« Last Edit: February 25, 2023, 03:19:53 PM by PaulAds »

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz