konalavadome

So Many Deaths Lately, including in my family

• 26 Replies

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« on: January 20, 2023, 05:03:37 PM »
This is especially for those of you who I have gotten to know during the past several years in the forum here. Four years ago my husband had a severe stroke, which left him in a wheelchair and needing daily care, and my forum participation suffered. Over time he got a little more self-sufficient and we got some help to relieve my load, so recently I was gradually working on getting more involved in the forum again. And then this past Tuesday, he died suddenly (probably another stroke or a heart attack), throwing me into a new tailspin. My kids, other relatives, and an amazing bunch of people are helping me through this experience, but it will be a while before I will be here much.

I have made many wonderful friends in the forum and I feel like you are part of my life so I want to let you know what's going on with me. I welcome all thoughts, prayers, meditations, or whatever you do if you feel so inclined. If you feel moved to reach out with a personal message I would welcome that, as well. This is very hard but I am okay.

If you want to know more about him: https://www.brenny.com/obituaries/roger-goble

It has been wonderful getting to know other songwriters in this forum and I do plan to get back on a regular basis eventually.

Vicki
« Last Edit: January 20, 2023, 07:10:39 PM by CaliaMoko »

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2023, 05:20:22 PM »
So sorry to read this, Vicki.

I’ll say a prayer for you all and I send you my love.

Paul
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2023, 07:31:03 PM »
Ah Vicki,my heart goes out to you.

Some of us are now at an age when we always seems to be going to funerals.

You took great care of Roger,be at peace with that and don't forget you need to take care of yourself.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2023, 07:33:33 PM by Skub »

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2023, 07:56:37 PM »
V!!!!!! @Calia Moko

Just read this, holy moly, I just can't beleive it, really just can't beleive it....He was the love or your life.

He was doing so well, T-Shirt an'all, my sincere empathy goes to you and your whole family, from all of us here.

You know where we are, only a virtual stones throw away.

If there's anything you need that I can do...

Here's a song that I played at my Father's funeral...I thought it summed up everything.

Wicked deeds

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2023, 08:48:51 PM »
So sorry to read this news Vicki @CaliaMoko. My thoughts are with you. Sending you much love.  Please look after yourself and keep yourself busy. Stay in touch with friends and family.

Paul

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2023, 11:00:17 PM »
Vicki, how very sad for you and family. God rest the quiet guy in the background on the Friday Zoom calls.  ;)

Take care of yourself and hopefully take a little comfort from your music, as you have that gift.
My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860

Michaels Lyric

• Busker
    • Michaels Lyric
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2023, 01:25:39 AM »
I'm sorry
Michaels Lyric on Spotify and other streaming platforms )))

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2023, 12:24:35 PM »
@CaliaMoko

Vicki

I am so sorry for your loss, and words fail me at the moment as I feel very close to you after out numerous collaborations on projects over the years

My prayers, love and thoughts are racing over the pond to you, and if you need anything please reach out. I know your family will be a massive comfort to you at this time

Paul
To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2023, 03:09:09 PM »
Hi Vicky, so sorry to hear. Sending positive thoughts. Don’t forget to look after yourself and we’ll see you here whenever you want.

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2023, 03:45:29 PM »
Thank you!!
@PaulAds - The prayers and love mean a lot!
@pompeyjazz - you've always been so willing to help me with ideas, advice, and direct help
@Skub - oh, isn't that the truth! And, yes, Roger often told me what a good job I was doing taking care of him.
@cowparsleyman - The song is lovely! I didn't realize how true it was that he was the love of my life until now.
@Wicked deeds - Very good advice and I am taking it. I keep busy a lot and sometimes I just have to stop and sit and read or do something mindless or visit with one of my kids.
@MichaelA - I had forgotten about how you guys greeted Roger in those Zoom visits. Another precious memory.
@Michaels Lyric - Thank you.
@Boydie - Roger loved all the songs you worked on. He was so proud of them and would play them for people all the time.
@adamfarr - I am taking care of myself, with the help of my family and friends, and I welcome the positive thoughts.

This is so much harder than I ever expected it would be, but all the loving support I'm getting here and everywhere is helping me through it. Thank you!

Vicki

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2023, 04:32:55 PM »
Vicki, @CaliaMoko - I'm so so sad to hear about Roger. Thinking of you and sending all my positive vibes in your direction as you go through this.

Hugs from Ireland and see you on the forum.

K

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2023, 08:29:22 PM »
Thank you very much, Karen @MonnoDB - Every thought helps!

Vicki

Kafla

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2023, 10:29:18 PM »
So sorry to hear this Vicki…

I read Roger’s obituary and he sounded like quite the character. Its so nice you found each other.

I am thinking of you at this sad time.

Andy x

Sterix

• Platinum Album
  • Devil may care, I do not!
    • Sterix Rocks!
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2023, 02:43:03 PM »
Sorry to hear about your loss, @CaliaMoko

Thoughts and prayers with you at this time.

- Martin.