songwriters and singers wanted!

• 10 Replies

ryan4585

• Busker
« on: October 16, 2012, 07:26:39 PM »
Hiya, im looking for female vocalists and any songwriters, the style is UK Hardcore. The first project is going to be recorded by a top vocalist and the song produced by myself and one of the scenes top award winning producers. The song will then be released on there record label. we are looking for up lifting vocals/abit dark and dirty I have linked some examples of the lyrics we are after. I can not guarantee that upon supplying the lyrics you will have your name in the title etc nor will any money be paid from sales. what I can guaranteetho is that I will put your name forward to the vocalist for future productions? if interested please reply asap as vocal need to be recorded by the 28th oct!!

links removed by admin

Thanks again :)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 09:34:05 AM by tone »

Paul

• Platinum Album
  • "There are moments of magic, of beautiful peace!"
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2012, 07:40:16 PM »
Hiya, im looking for female vocalists and any songwriters, the style is UK Hardcore. The first project is going to be recorded by a top vocalist and the song produced by myself and one of the scenes top award winning producers. The song will then be released on there record label. we are looking for up lifting vocals/abit dark and dirty I have linked some examples of the lyrics we are after. I can not guarantee that upon supplying the lyrics you will have your name in the title etc nor will any money be paid from sales. what I can guaranteetho is that I will put your name forward to the vocalist for future productions? if interested please reply asap as vocal need to be recorded by the 28th oct!!

blah

Thanks again :)

It seems grossly unfair that credit or payment can not be guaranteed if a writer delivers a set of lyrics that are chosen for this project.  If the song is to be sold and it generates an income, then I find this proposal to be ridiculous!  Surely, your post is either poorly worded or I have completely misunderstood what you have written!  
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 07:17:56 PM by tone »

ryan4585

• Busker
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2012, 07:45:03 PM »
I myself will not be getting any payment either!! its on the chance that I get asked back, same goes for songwriter, there is a chance he or she will be able to write future lyrics, same goes for the singer she will not be getting any payment but its a chance for us all to get a foot in the door so to speak?

Paul

• Platinum Album
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2012, 07:51:53 PM »
If your willing to offer your services free of charge, then that is your choice.  I still regard this as exploitation and this practice if common, is appalling!  Your post begs the question, if the true writer isn't credited for writing the lyrics, then who will falsely claim to have written them?  Perhaps another forum member may be willing to write lyrics but I wouldn't go anywhere near this project!

beefy

• Busker
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2012, 03:44:25 AM »
@ the end of the day the song writer may not ever get there music ever made in to a tune so if they get the chance of working with some of the biggest names in that scene and have the possibility of future projects why not ........ its not all about the money ( the down fall of every 1 ) and who is to say that even if ( paul ) wrote a tune that it would be any good .......or fit that style of music, you couldnt and what is the value, it is the value you put on it.
words r free, its just how you use them :)

Paul

• Platinum Album
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2012, 08:12:24 AM »
My motivation for writing has never been about money.  I've produced several songs for other artists for free and am also willing to help charitable causes if I am able.   My motivation in producing for other people has genuinely been to help them reach their full potential.  I've also enjoyed getting to know those people through our correspondence. That has been the real reward for me!  At this moment in time, I wouldn't know how to write in the style of UK Hardcore. This wasn't even an add that grabbed my interest, persuading me to submit music or lyrics.  I felt compelled to challenge aspects of this post because I believe it is unfair not to credit the writer of a piece of music.  So, to reiterate, my opposition is not specifically about the writer receiving or not receiving money (though they should if someone else derives money from the process).  I oppose this practice because in my opinion, it is wrong not to credit someone for the work which they have done. If someone else takes credit for the work that someone else has done, that is worse!  Many people want to gain a break in their musical careers. I do hope that others read my objections before deciding to take part in such a venture.  There are too many people, that are willing to take advantage of others and their desire to further their musical ambitions!   :)

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2012, 08:16:33 AM »
I think you are missing Paul's point slightly

He is talking about "fair play" and recognition

If these guys are truly some of the top people in the scene then why woukd they not want to give credit where it is due?

It just sounds a bit fishy

However, I do completely understand that it could be worth a punt for someone with lyrics kicking around - it is just the way the offer was put - we are going to release a record but the actual writer of the track will not receive any credit/royalties

It does beg the question who will receive the writing credits?

If the song did become a hit and made some serious money you would probably need a pretty tight contract to prevent a future claim
To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2012, 08:19:06 AM »
Lol - you beat me to it

I saw you had posted whilst I was typing but left my post as I am pleased I understood where you were coming from!
To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic

The Corsair

• Platinum Album
  • I'm the latest model Johnny
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2012, 08:51:54 AM »
I clicked on the first track and the opening line was 'I'll smack you like a bitch' so yeah nah fuck no.

And that's not even going into the whole 'no credit to the lyricist' thing, which Paul has already covered quite well.
Defective Elector

flossie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2012, 09:05:31 AM »
Charming - how nasty  :(

I agree with you all  >:(

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
  • The People's Democratic Republic of Songwriting
    • Anthony Lane on soundcloud
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2012, 09:33:32 AM »
Thread closed & links removed. I won't have exploitation on my board. If the song is going to make money then the songwriter gets paid.

Ryan - don't post anything like this again please.
New EP: Straitjacket - Listen here

1st track from my upcoming album -- Click to listen -- Thanks!

Please read the rules before posting in the feedback forums http://bit.l