Ain't Got Nothing

• 39 Replies

Steng

• Open Mic
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2017, 10:37:57 PM »
Yeah much better! Fish and chips!...............with a very small portion of custard on the side. Good job.

mikek

• Open Mic
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2017, 10:47:31 PM »
i got interested in songwriting after i went to an underground club for the first time back in '84.  there was a lot of great, original music happening, and no one outside of that magical scene knew it.  this tune reminds me a lot of that time and those songs.  i dig it.

IronKnee

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2017, 07:10:29 AM »
Oh....I like this one. Love the funky rhythm guitar........has a punk / Rock feel to it while being performed by George Harrison......very different....very cool.
Great recording, and love all of the performances.
Good stuff!
                               -T
"I know the truth, by my struggle against it"
                                                          -IronKnee

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2017, 10:51:31 PM »
Steng, Mikek, Tom... Thanks. I really need to turn that little bit of custard into a refined tartae sauce. Underground clubs in 84 Hey, that brings a few memories back  :) George Harrison Punk ? I guess he was.

mickyplankton

• Platinum Album
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2017, 12:25:56 AM »
Just listened to this magnificent song again. With the greatest respect to everyone else on the forum, I reckon Pompey Jazz has raised the bar some distance with this number. Let's get inspired people!!!!

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2017, 11:19:35 PM »
Well,  Micky mate, that is wonderful.  Made my day. My music is never going to be universally acceptable but hey I like that

HenryOFarrell

• Busker
« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2017, 12:26:23 PM »
Hi mate, love the guitar riff at the start, the chords sound somewhat 'mysterious' at times which is a nice touch. It then gets even better when the drums come in and provide it with a beat, (I couldn't stop myself from tapping along!!).

In my opinion, I think that if you were going to make changes, the vocal effect in the chorus was a bit hard to understand, in terms of easy listening and what you were saying. It is still absolutely fantastic, but if I'm being picky.

Anyway, keep them coming,
Henry O'Farrell

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2017, 09:29:33 PM »
Cheers Henry. I really appreciate your feedback.  Was going for a sort of crowd chant effect in the chorus with two separate vocal tracks.  Maybe it worked,  maybe not  :)

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2017, 11:13:58 AM »
Love the dark, slightly unbalanced, dischordancy of the riff. Goes really well with the more airy lead over the top. Keyboards also a nice contrast.

I think you probably could do with a few more than two voices in the chorus to get that real shouty crowd effect.

Really energetic and catchy song though!

man of simple pleasures

• Platinum Album
  • power to the people
    • soundcloud
« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2017, 07:29:03 PM »
cool intro! diggin the chorus! cool little song!
fly away and find my peace of mind...

https://soundcloud.com/man-of-simple-pleasures/tracks