It's You

• 16 Replies

Mutrins

• Open Mic
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2017, 11:52:51 AM »
I really like this!! I could hear this on a soundtrack to a TV show or movie. Love the melody and the build up in the chorus. Nice pop rock track. Well done!!

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2017, 10:23:48 AM »
Yep, another classy track you, full of commercial potential.
I couldn't detect any weak spots in the vocal, far from it, so I think you found your key.  You just sound a tad lispy in a couple of places (on these speakers anyway) - I guess that is just a slightly over-enthusiastic de-esser being deployed?
Highlights for me were the chorus melody - clever the way you sing the same line three times but each one does something different with it, and the judicious use of the single falsetto note is very well placed and not overcooked.  Also the opening piano chords, just slightly leftfield enough for it to grab attention straight away.  Terrific dynamics built into the structure: great peaks and troughs, and you never have to wait too long for the next build.
Lyrically I like the verse about driving by the coast the most.  An indie kid like me can sometimes find straight love songs a bit mawkish / platitudinous (is that a word...?) but I didn't in this case because of that little vignette.  Big thumbs up.
It's all too beautiful.