Hello songwriting world :D!!!

• 6 Replies

Joolz

• Busker
    • Soundcloud
« on: August 14, 2015, 12:46:14 AM »
Hi guys,

I'm pretty new to the music world and looking to improve my songwriting but don't know where to start.

I write from the heart and really want this to connect but not too sure how to go about writing a good song or what makes one.

I'd really appreciate any advice or website details with decent advice.

If anybody has the time I'd appreciate if you could give one of my songs a listen (https://soundcloud.com/joolzmelz).........just pick any with a title you like! My writing overall doesn't yet fit into a genre but I'd describe my soundcloud as pop rock like Blink 182 type stuff (or at least the vision I have). These just happen to be the songs that I could bring to life myself though!

I'd also like to hear music from songwriters of all levels so I can get a better insight and will happily give feedback......although I can only really offer it from a listeners perspective right now!

I hope to here from some of you guys 😁!!

seriousfun

• Stadium Tour
    • Allan Kilgour - Original Compositions
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2015, 12:50:16 AM »
Welcome along Joolz, I am sure this community will provide just what you are after.

I would suggest that rather than just posting a link to your soundcloud page, post a link to a specific song that you would like feedback on in the finished songs section. that way you will get very specific and detailed feedback. You are allowed to post one song per fortnight in that section. Also you will find that the more you give on this forum the more you receive, so make sure you post some feedback on some of the existing songs that are posted there and I am sure the forum will open up for you very quickly.

Welcome along

Allan.

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
  • The People's Democratic Republic of Songwriting
    • Anthony Lane on soundcloud
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2015, 08:48:54 AM »
Welcome to the forum Joolz :)

Allan is right - if you're looking for feedback, post in the reviews section ( don't forget to read the guidelines for posting first - the link is in my signature). I hope you enjoy being part of our brilliant community here. If have any questions, just shout :)

Tone :)
New EP: Straitjacket - Listen here

1st track from my upcoming album -- Click to listen -- Thanks!

Please read the rules before posting in the feedback forums http://bit.l

Joolz

• Busker
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2015, 10:03:02 PM »
Thanks guys :D, I'll definitely take that advice and listen to others songs.......from what I've heard already there's a lot I can learn here. Not sure how helpful my feedback will be but I'll give it from a listeners perspective which is better than nothing I guess!

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2015, 11:14:29 PM »
Hi and welcome,
The forums a great place to learn, improve and have a bit of fun too.
Check out the other threads and as the guys say the more you give the more you get
 :)
Neil
songwriter of no repute..

Vintage54

• Platinum Album
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2015, 12:15:34 AM »

Hey up, and welcome.
         Don't worry about feedback, just call it as you see or hear it. I find it easier to write a song than i do to review one. But i take my time, and do my best. Thats all you can do.

Vintage54

RobA

• Busker
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2015, 10:42:22 PM »
Hi Joolz...like you I'm brand new here...only posted the one song myself so far in the feedback on unfinished songs bit.  I've been playing and writing a while but have very little recorded that is a professionally recorded as some of the folks here...very inspiring stuff listening to some of these tracks!  Anyway look forward to listening and providing some feedback for you and perhaps you can look out for my stuff as well.   :)
Rob