konalavadome

Bredakwai (The Ippon Crowd)

• 1 Replies

Mundane

• Busker
« on: October 28, 2022, 04:56:15 PM »
Hi all, this is my second post to the group...and is very different to the first which was entitled Sit Down Here.

I've been asked by the Sensei of my local judo club to write an 'anthem' for the club.  He wants it to be something that can be used during training sessions and to be used by the players within the club as an inspiration to get into tge correct frame of mind when preparing to fight in competition.

Judo is a very tough sport that requires a lot of dedicated hard work during training and a controlled agression during competition....I have tried my best to incorporate this into the music with an agressive style at a moderate tempo.  Bredakwai Judo Academy is the name of the club (pronounced Bread A Kweye).

I would really appreciate any thoughts you may have on the track before I send it over to the club for their assesment.

The link for the track is:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1m77gUVXvv33pq1-GhTUc5RXysThJRFsZ/view?usp=share_link

Thanks in advance, your comments are very much appreciated.

Thanks
Lee

attar033

• Busker
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2022, 09:26:37 AM »
Hi,
I listened to the track twice to make sure I don't miss anything. I enjoyed the style and the song. There is a kind of Retro synth to it and I can hear that this is purely intentional on your part.
I also think the song structure fits nicely (it feels natural and everything connects smoothly). The hook is effective and I like how you still reused it in the verse to maintain a thematic momentum during the whole song without being too repetitive. I really enjoyed the part where the female voice part kicks in. It really creates a different (almost a bridge-like) taste but to be honest, I really think this can be used more than once (at least twice in the whole song) probably the fact that you used it sparingly is what makes it special. Actually, you could try extending it over the next chord change that starts after the female vocals originally stop. This is my personal and most humble opinion. I think this track really fits what you are trying to do. May I also suggest adding a slight distortion to the vocals, a bitcrusher plugin used sparingly would make it sit better along the synth. I really hope this helps.

Best Regards
Robert Attard