konalavadome

After the storm

• 19 Replies

travis

• Busker
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2012, 04:03:02 PM »
Excellent recording very much in the mode of Tubular Bells. You could almost feel that rain on your head,picture the scene  in the forest after the rain had gone, birds songs etc
Best of luck with it
Travis

Schavuitje

• Stadium Tour
    • Camera Shy
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2012, 01:54:19 AM »
I'm with pretty much everyone else :) Knowing the context made me listen differently and it works.
It's a very nice piece of work but as it stands those loop points distract. But that's gonna get fixed so I'd say it's a winner.  :)
There are holes in the sky where the rain gets in  , but they're ever so small, that's why rain is thin.

Pez

• Open Mic
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2012, 09:23:10 PM »
rain intro sounded like a youtube rip quality wise! works though as the very clean bird song comes in, and the whales :D pianos nice, some blatant clipping though that is not always a bad thing. Not really my thing if honest but i still like it and i couldnt do anything half as good on a computer :) all the best, Pez

seriousfun

• Stadium Tour
    • Allan Kilgour - Original Compositions
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2012, 02:27:51 AM »
The imagery fo the whales and sharks was invisible to me... all I could see was you Bin, lying on your tummy making the whale nosies - quiet scary lol.

Seriously though, this was nice - the piano had a great darkish sound to it and the only real drawback was the looping as pointed out by James, but as you said that will be fixed so no real probs. All the best of luck with this project.

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2012, 12:05:51 AM »
I think you could find a better sample for the start - it sounds very lo-fi, but not in an intentional way

+1 on the choppy loops but I am sure you will easily fix this

It had a bit of an "Exorcist" vibe to me - in a good way

The tension builds and drops are really nice

I think it would really well for the intended purpose
To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic