author looking for advice from a hip hop artist.

• 6 Replies

the amazing zero

• Busker
« on: January 22, 2016, 07:13:20 PM »
hi my name is Josh L. Head and I am an author... I am looking to do a new project and I need advice. the kind of advice I can only get from a musician or hip hop artist of some kind. you are one of the stories I want to write is kind of not a book.. it's what I call book as album. a two part album based off the mono myth. the thing is. I have no clue where to even start. I mean I have done a couple proofs of concept. I written a chapter in hip hop but I may not know where to even start. for one this may be a one time thing. I was also I have no clue what to ask. I mean I can get songs written on fiverr. sorry for rambling.. I just need a starting place. because I have no clue where to go with this musically.... all I know is each song will be a chapter but regular song in length.

den

• Open Mic
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2016, 11:32:38 PM »
to be honest, your post almost says you haven't got a clue what you are doing and to be honest I haven't a clue what you are talking about. go away and think, what do I want to write about and come back and tell us, sorry to be blunt but I think you must have expected this reply.

the amazing zero

• Busker
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2016, 01:05:03 AM »
Not really... but.Yes. sometimes I get really excited and my ability to make seance goes out the window. It happens with me. I was just looking for advice on what my next step should be in my project. I am an author looking to do a story but on a musical album. the idea is based off the mono-myth but my problem is I have no clue what my next step should be. being that I that I have no musical talent at all besides writing some hip hop. I know nothing of the musical process and I am not sure If i should learn it being that this maybe a one time thing. so I am looking for advice. but I have no clue what to ask. is there any advice you can give me general before I start this project...I do have some sort of out line for a story that I can work o. the problem is looking for where start for beginners on the music thing.
The story is to mirror the mono myth.... and be a tribute to it sort of. I may post my ideas if you want to see them.. I was just very hyper earlier.. ty.

btw I am published..
p.s. if I stop making since just tell me to come back latter{basically when the energy of excitement isn't surging through me.}

the amazing zero

• Busker
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2016, 01:24:41 AM »
sorry for double posting but i do know what I want to write about and I am panning.. so far i got a fox girl who is a shape shifter/trickster/love interest. and a goddess. plus a celestial whale heard.. loll that's kind of the problem though.I ma a good writer. I don't know how to make music an I was just wondering what the steps where and where to find a beginners guide to composing it... ty... sorry for the confusion.

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2016, 08:09:24 AM »
You are not really "selling yourself" very well!

You state that you are a published author but your posts are not very well written at all and are pretty incomprehensible

I am not sure you are going to find anyone to give up their precious time to answer questions when you don't know what to ask!

I would suggest stepping back and thinking everything through

Then post a very clear thread showing:

- A clear concept of what you are trying to do - Ie what will the end product look like- a book? An "audio book"? a book with CD, an e-book with embedded music etc.

- What part the "music" will play

- What help you need

- The "terms" - will you "buy" what the musician(s) produce, are you looking for a co-author/collaborator, are you looking just for free advice/help etc.

We can't help if we don't know what help you want

To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic

the amazing zero

• Busker
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2016, 07:04:31 PM »
just looking for two things...

1. basic rn down on what it takes to make music.. preferably hip hop..... basically so I can decide on whether I should or should not make it myself... if not where can I find someone willing to work for me.
and....
2. some advice... basic but for beginners..

p.s. ty for your time.

the amazing zero

• Busker
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2016, 07:46:59 PM »
concept to come.. will be working on the wording and stuff.