konalavadome

( new song ) Make love stay.

• 22 Replies

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« on: December 15, 2016, 05:32:43 PM »
Just a quick love song (Saturday afternoon/Sunday morning)...if you take a listen, I thank you.. :) :)

https://soundcloud.com/knmac/make-love-stay-by-knmac

Your whispering my name,
but I know,
It's just a game,
I'm lonely when you've gone,
but i know your love,
will linger on,
now I know, what you need,
a lovers game, with no soul,
and I know, when your gone,
what you leave with me,
will never go,

make love stay,
don't leave me now,
don't walk away,  x2

my world is turning upside down,
and my head is spinning round,
you took my world away,
so I will do what you command,
cause my life is in your hands,
I want our love to stay,

make love stay,
don't leave me now,
don't walk away,  x2

Your whispering my name,
but I know,
It's just a game,

make love stay,
don't leave me now,
don't walk away,  x2 ©KNmac

best to all, Kevin :)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 08:39:59 AM by shadowfax »
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

refusedrevival

• Solo Gig
    • Refused Revival
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2016, 07:53:49 PM »
Hi,

This is a very beautiful song. Nice piano and good vocals and I also like the bass lines.
There is something to improve in the mix - The drum sound could be better.
The sound of the snare is not for my ears, also the hihat is too loud in the mix.

refusedrevival

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2016, 07:29:17 AM »
Top notch stuff again Kev. I love the little bass runs you've got going on here. This is a bit different from you. It seems that you've been experimenting a bit. Are you using the new DAW you talked about ? Overall, it's a very well written, played and produced piece of music and very catchy as well

Nice one  :)

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2016, 12:17:35 PM »
Yo Kev.

This could be a song from an angsty teen movie,the chorus is catchier than a dose of....well yanno!  :D

Super melodic and a lovely sound.

Always a pleasure to listen to your songs.  :)

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2016, 02:40:10 PM »
Hi Kevin, a bit more 'pop' than your usual stuff! Like the bass on this it's cool. Your vocals and melody are up to your usual standard! I'm struggling with the drum sound and the drum style. The drums don't sound as if they fit or are very well mixed, are you doing something different with them, normally your stuff sounds very together? Or is it just me ::)!
Good pop song though!
Cheers
Jamie

tina m

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2016, 09:58:48 PM »
Nice but tbh its too middle of the road for me & honestly Kevin the rather twee lyrics make it even more sacchariny so not my fave of your songs ..but ..if youd said youve written it as a Christmas hit for Cliff Richard id have said it was brilliantly done  ;D
I was amazed how the drums dropped out for the chorus & yet it still worked as a chorus..very clever!
& what is that funny snare sound its like youre banging a little plastic box...that was unusual

anyway its all superbly put together as usual ..
& the Cliff convention are meeting in Eastbourne in January  ;D
Tell me Im wonderful & I ll be nice to you :)

Wolfini

• Solo Gig
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2016, 05:04:54 PM »
Cool, this could be right from an 80ies teen love movie. You know like La Boom or something. You have written a very catchy sing-a-long chorus, that has smash hit potential.

Nice! Bye Wolfi
Finished albums: wolfgangn.bandcamp.com
Recent songs: soundclick.com/wolfini

MartynRich

• Stadium Tour
    • Personal website
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2016, 11:17:02 PM »
Very catchy chorus Kevin and extremely eloquently put together as always. It isn´t your usual type of song though and I do prefer it when you go off your rocker with the arrangements a little. Saying that, this does do what it says on the tin. A very nice pop song with an extremely memorable chorus. Hats off to you.

Bill Saunders

• Platinum Album
    • https://soundcloud.com/bill-saunders
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2016, 04:35:17 PM »
Beautiful tune - I enjoyed the verses especially. Is it my imagination or do the vocals in the first chorus need to come up a bit? Some highly original and effective percussion going on at times, and I personally like all the drum sounds. The bass is great as others have said.

Look forward to hearing more of your stuff, really nice work.
Bill

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2016, 06:06:37 PM »
top notch work as always Kevin..

was it an upright bass patch used at the start? i thought it gave a little of a midi-file feel to the start...which was a shame because we all know it was going to be loads better than that.

really great chorus and super vocals

were the drums from "bizarre drums ltd" ? i'm only joking...it's great that you keep on your toes trying out different things rather than sticking to what you know will work 100%...good on you.

a very good write
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2016, 08:27:56 AM »
Thanks for the listen guys...
this song was a quicky..came about while writing a typical 80's song that Paul suggested I should do..

it was triggered by the M8 of the song I'm currently working on so got sidetracked for Saturday afternoon/Sunday morning to finish it...drums are just me bangin on the keyboard with EZdrummer..that's why they're rubbish...bass is me playing a DI'd bass guitar with a load of chorus on it via POD Pro..

keep getting sidetracked from the main song when I'm writing..drives me nuts!! ??? ???

best, Kevin
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2016, 02:42:54 PM »
Hi Kevin,

Lovely production and subtle, effective arrangement. Gorgeous vocals and the lyrics while simple and a little cliched they are held together by a very beautiful melody. Maybe a little too much effect on the vocal but that's a matter of taste. I like the rise and fall of the instrumentation and bass in particular is beautifully done.

m

Yodasdad

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2016, 05:11:12 PM »
Hi Shadow,

Nice song, very familier very quickly yet not predictable in terms of where the melody is going.

Just a couple of things I would point out. The vocal production obviously varies throughout but the vocals on the chorus seemed to lack a little depth in comparison to the verse (particularly the first).

Secondly I found the changing position of the hi hats/cymbals a little off putting. I don't know whether you've changed them yourself or whether you're using different samples that are panned differently.

These are minor production issues though and overall, the production and the song sound pretty good to me.

Yodasdad

IronKnee

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2016, 03:16:08 AM »
This just drips (slowly) like honey from a jar....sweet.
Gotta be a girl getter  ;)
Nice song, Shadow.....awesome performances.....should make the song of the month roster.
                                   8)-Tom
"I know the truth, by my struggle against it"
                                                          -IronKnee

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2016, 03:30:14 PM »
Loved this! Great power ballad feel to the chorus - simple and hooky.

I don't think you and I will ever have the same approach to lyrics but there's room for all styles and in the end melody, as here, is what makes people (and maybe even love) stay.

Great stuff.